10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimadridista1

I myself supported both teams at the WC.

I was hoping for a epic final where no matter the winner I would be extremely happy.

I'm not from South America so I probably cannot really understand that but that's amazing.
I thought that it was like saying "I support Fc Barcelona and Real Madrid"... Although there's no club as horrible as Real Madrid :p .

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm not from South America so I probably cannot really understand that but that's amazing.
I thought that it was like saying "I support Fc Barcelona and Real Madrid"... Although there's no club as horrible as Real Madrid :p .

Actually, I think it's more like saying, "I will support my favorite club's players, no matter which nationality they are."

blaugrana1987

Palacio%20Miss%20Germany.gif

Can't believe this rat played WC final for Christ's sake...:( What could have been if Tevez was there...

Hopefully Messi is hungry like in Barca and takes Copa, he really has to.

mark1nhu

Yeah, I know some people that hate Argies for no reason at all, just because a silly narrator keeps putting flames on the so-called rivalry.

But I was at Buenos Aires twice, and I met a lot of great Argies, all of them pure lovely. So, I really love them.

That rivalry just don't exist in the real word, in real citys, with real peoples.

Believe me, I walked for BsA with a Vasco da Gama jersey and lot of locals praised me because of Juninho and the Libertadores we won back in 1998, eliminating River Plate in the path to the glory.

Beside that, I am a fan of beautiful football and Argentina is one of the most remarkable schools. Not to mention the fact that Messi is my favorite player on earth.

No way I would not support Argentina for a stupid thing like that "rivalry".

Antimadridista1

Yeah, I know some people that hate Argies for no reason at all, just because a silly narrator keeps putting flames on the so-called rivalry.

But I was at Buenos Aires twice, and I met a lot of great Argies, all of them pure lovely. So, I really love them.

That rivalry just don't exist in the real word, in real citys, with real peoples.

Believe me, I walked for BsA with a Vasco da Gama jersey and lot of locals praised me because of Juninho and the Libertadores we won back in 1998, eliminating River Plate in the path to the glory.

Beside that, I am a fan of beautiful football and Argentina is one of the most remarkable schools. Not to mention the fact that Messi is my favorite player on earth.

No way I would not support Argentina for a stupid thing like that "rivalry".

Great mentality :thumbsup:
I actually thought that the rivalry was a lot more real than what you're saying. For example :

BrazilFan

For years, I have known Argentina fans to support Brazil and visa versa but it usually if one is eliminated and the other is still in the competition.

As far as the Copa goes, Messi can play as outstanding as he wants but if Kun and co don't so up again, they might fail again. In WC 14, Argentina path to the final wasn't really difficult, they shouldn't have needed Messi to bail them out every game.

mark1nhu

Great mentality :thumbsup:
I actually thought that the rivalry was a lot more real than what you're saying. For example :

It is just a football chant in a WC. We don't see it in normal days.

True friendship between Brazilians and Argies shows up when you stop someone to ask for information, they ask if you're Brazilian and then waste 10 minutes talking about how they love Rio and how they miss the old times when they could afford to travel to Brazil.

By the way, I HATE REAL MADRID.

J

Jamie Cal

Love how confident he's become off the pitch. That presser after the 'bustup' where he said it wasn't the people of Madrid behind the problems this time :wub:

ejuventus

Lol at the juve fan saying 2 juve players are above messi.

be a fan, not a fanatic

I was talking about NT perfomances.
In order to that, there's plenty of Juve players better than Messi: Platini, ZIdane, Baggio about n° 10, or Scirea,Cannavaro and others (24 in total) that lead Italy NT to win 4 World Champions title.

I can easily state that there are also some other Barcelona's players better than Messi on a international level: easily Xavi and Iniesta, above all.

Take it easy, and enjoy your MEssi

Catalan Fan

May I ask how old are you? I would think you are 45-50 years old to witness early 80s era

Anyway I disagree with you. Platini was best European player in 84 but not in the world. Strictly in term of talent and skills as an attacking midfielder both Maradona and Zico ahead of Platini.

Only people from Europe put Platini ahead of Zico but the rest of the world (Latin America, Asia and Africa) jerseys of Zico still selling. Zico best years from 87-84 and from 84+ it was Maradona's era.

Platini was superb back then, along with Giresse and Tigana, they were a joy to watch for France.They deserved to at least make the WCF in '82.In '84 Euros he was on another level.One of the best players I've ever seen.

Am old enough to remember watching him and he was as good, if not better than anyone else back then.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You're still missing the point, when we say GOAT we don't differenciate about club or NT.

But again, be our guest, Baggio is the goat! :)

Btw.. you're being the fanatic, speaking nonsense like platini or zidane as the goat, forget Messi, those 2 never come in the discussion about the greatest ever, it's always Pelé, Maradona, Messi.. the order is the only thing that changes depending on each one's opinion, but those names you gave are nowhere near top 3 ranking of all time.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
be a fan, not a fanatic

I was talking about NT perfomances.
In order to that, there's plenty of Juve players better than Messi: Platini, ZIdane, Baggio about n° 10, or Scirea,Cannavaro and others (24 in total) that lead Italy NT to win 4 World Champions title.

I can easily state that there are also some other Barcelona's players better than Messi on a international level: easily Xavi and Iniesta, above all.

Take it easy, and enjoy your MEssi

Listen here matey, I'll be honest.
The only reason people like you bring up the world cup argument, is because messi still hasn't won one, he's the best player to ever grace a football field and this nonsensical point is the only one left to belittle his overwhelming genius.
People like you are just trolls and haters, you don't care about facts or football, because just watching the little magician play can quickly convince anyone of his quality.
If higuain/aguero/palacio weren't completely useless last summer messi would have a WC now and people like you would say "yeah but he had higuain/aguero/di maria helping him, he didn't do it alone like maradona" or "yeah but pele won 3".

Now lets debunk the idiotic logic you used.
First of all, he doesn't have to win with argentina to prove anything, that's biased and faulty logic. Plenty of top players haven't won the WC but it's not held against them, it's only held against messi. Best, cruyff, weah and plenty of others didn't win. You dared even mention baggio, the man who failed to win for italy by missing the penalty, platini also didn't won the WC. You are a really bad troll man.
Messi could retire right now and he would go down in history as a GOAT.

Every way you look at this, by looking at him play, by comparing stats, by comparing trophies, whatever, messi is the greatest and has certainly joined pele and maradona in the GOAT category.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No, the best would have remained the one vs. Bilbao.
that would be best individual goal... This one was very beautiful as well, only it took a great chemistry between the team mates. The move got me to react the same way as did the goal against Bilbao! It's a pity the final shot was not as brilliant as the move itself was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans