10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chong Li

If that's true, why did he even bother to retire?

Nothing has changed in AFA, only improvement is Tata's exit.

Would be a very disappointing decision by Messi.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Lot's of rumors about him returning to the national team. Yeah, it's pretty much official. All over twitter.

NotInHere

Hopefully this coach can set up a capable team around him, everything needs to go through Messi because there's not a single Argentinian player as capable as him.. But please this time don't leave him alone to beat 11 players at once

Professor Chaos

I would be very disappointed if he will back to NT. He should be a man of his word. What did convince him anyway? That lame new coach said he won't call up Higuain?

Devils

His father basically just confirmed on instagram and posted his Argentina shirt.

I'm dissapointed in Leo, he achieved nothing and got a bunch of negative PR because of this. I understand he was in the spur of the moment when he announced it, but returning a little over a month after retiring is just going to bring more negative PR.

KingLeo10

His father basically just confirmed on instagram and posted his Argentina shirt.

I'm dissapointed in Leo, he achieved nothing and got a bunch of negative PR because of this. I understand he was in the spur of the moment when he announced it, but returning a little over a month after retiring is just going to bring more negative PR.

while this is all true, i think from another perspective it makes messi come off as genuine with his emotions, unlike a certain PR saavy portuguese "manager"

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Lol, we all knew this was coming so stop trying to act all surprised and shit. He got way too strong feelings for Argentina to let it end like that. And he achieved just what he wanted by "retiring". Tata is gone, and Messi got more support than ever back home in Argentina.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lol, we all knew this was coming so stop trying to act all surprised and shit. He got way too strong feelings for Argentina to let it end like that. And he achieved just what he wanted by "retiring". Tata is gone, and Messi got more support than ever back home in Argentina.

Some here don't understand emotions or they don't allow our players to be human.

That's all right, but he had a golden chance to perhaps force AFA's hand to stop dicking around all the time which it seems like he didn't take.... Even if Tata isn't there any longer.

raskolnikov

Way too soon. Then he shouldnt have retired in the first place. Atleast give them a year without him and have them begg. Then return with strong demands.

Garrus

Faceplam!!
He looks like an idiot now, And how many finals he has to lose before he realizes it's enough, He will NOT win the WC, It's sad, But it's reality, If a 23 and a 27 y/o messi couldn't, Then how in the hell a 31 would, It's absurd, And as far as i can see, Many more national teams have players with better potentials in 2018, ARG is in no where near that, No federations and no coaches can change that.

But let's look at the bright side, All that's going to happen is him chasing a delusion, While wasting 4 years in fifa weeks, Coming back to us either shit tired or injured, And with a player of his caliber even a few matches missed or tired legs can brake or make a trophy.

I can't ***king believe this.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Maybe he'll win the WC if Dybala will carry the attack and Messi supports from the midfield. He will have a chance during the 2019 Copa aswell.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
While I doubt they'll win, Argentina won't really have a bad squad for 2018.

And the best squad doesn't really always win, does it?

amircule

Faceplam!!
He looks like an idiot now, And how many finals he has to lose before he realizes it's enough, He will NOT win the WC, It's sad, But it's reality, If a 23 and a 27 y/o messi couldn't, Then how in the hell a 31 would, It's absurd, And as far as i can see, Many more national teams have players with better potentials in 2018, ARG is in no where near that, No federations and no coaches can change that.

But let's look at the bright side, All that's going to happen is him chasing a delusion, While wasting 4 years in fifa weeks, Coming back to us either shit tired or injured, And with a player of his caliber even a few matches missed or tired legs can brake or make a trophy.

I can't ***king believe this.

That's why 31 year old Ronaldo won the euro and the 20 year old one couldn'? . No one can predict football,no one expected Italy to win back in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans