10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

Oh well, as long as it makes him happy. I very much doubt Argentina's likeliness of making another final in the near future, yet alone winning one.

F

Flavia

[tw]764180789680566272[/tw]

"I know there are many problems in Argentina's football and I don't intend to create another. I don't want to do any damage, always wanted the opposite, help any way I can. Many things need to change, but I prefer to do it in the pitch, than to criticize from the outside. Many things went thru my mind on the day of the last final, and I really thought about leaving, but I love this country and this shirt too much. I thank everyone who want me to continue, hopefully we can give them some happiness soon".

Zidane121

Banned
[tw]764180789680566272[/tw]

"I know there are many problems in Argentina's football and I don't intend to create another. I don't want to do any damage, always wanted the opposite, help any way I can. Many things need to change, but I prefer to do it in the pitch, than to criticize from the outside. Many things went thru my mind on the day of the last final, and I really thought about leaving, but I love this country and this shirt too much. I thank everyone who want me to continue, hopefully we can give them some happiness soon".

Thanks for the translation. I think some of these so called 'problems' he's talking about are over hyped, they reached final of wc 14, copa 15 and copa 16, that isn't bad at all. With a bit of luck they definitely could've won one of them.

RMU ReBorn

Great News Leo . Let this be the beginning after a horrible start to 2016 .You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. All the best.

RMU ReBorn

Faceplam!!
He looks like an idiot now, And how many finals he has to lose before he realizes it's enough, He will NOT win the WC, It's sad, But it's reality, If a 23 and a 27 y/o messi couldn't, Then how in the hell a 31 would, It's absurd, And as far as i can see, Many more national teams have players with better potentials in 2018, ARG is in no where near that, No federations and no coaches can change that.

But let's look at the bright side, All that's going to happen is him chasing a delusion, While wasting 4 years in fifa weeks, Coming back to us either shit tired or injured, And with a player of his caliber even a few matches missed or tired legs can brake or make a trophy.

I can't ***king believe this.

what is this age factor all about ? It was not as if Messi was not up to mark when he was 23 or at 27 it was because of a team with bunchof chocker's . It doesn't mean that he can't win anything after his 30's .Look at Carlos Puyol or Iker they went through some horrible phases before 2008 ,getting knocked out in world cup's and Euro's with out even reaching final's and everything changed. sure the system in Spain and Arg is not the same , but it's not like it won't change for eternity. Argentina with a proper coach can achieve what Leo desired .

Mitchell1978

Thanks for the translation. I think some of these so called 'problems' he's talking about are over hyped, they reached final of wc 14, copa 15 and copa 16, that isn't bad at all. With a bit of luck they definitely could've won one of them.

I think the problems he is refering too are not about the quality of the team or even the results but about the Argentine Football association.

JerseyAddict

what is this age factor all about ? It was not as if Messi was not up to mark when he was 23 or at 27 it was because of a team with bunchof chocker's . It doesn't mean that he can't win anything after his 30's .Look at Carlos Puyol or Iker they went through some horrible phases before 2008 ,getting knocked out in world cup's and Euro's with out even reaching final's and everything changed. sure the system in Spain and Arg is not the same , but it's not like it won't change for eternity. Argentina with a proper coach can achieve what Leo desired .

If Messi will be happier playing for his NT Barca can only profit. Otherways he'll always have that "gut feelin what if".

He won't be to old in Russia
That is no argument at all. How old is CR? And he just won EC.

Bigger issue is that WC will be in Europe. That makes non-european teams chances realy slimm. History says so.

But CA is in reach and I believe he can win it.

Mitchell1978

I always expected Messi to return. While i hoped he would take this seaso off from the national team now that he has decided to return we should support this decision. End of story.

serghei

This is all like a bad soap opera to me. Makes Messi look bad imo. He made a mistake by announcing his retirement from the NT.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is all like a bad soap opera to me. Makes Messi look bad imo. He made a mistake by announcing his retirement from the NT.

Bad timing, he should at least held out longer to demand some real changes and then make the decision to return. He should not have made that decision to quit the NT in the first place, whether it was the heat of the moment or not. People are already call him a flip-flop.

Mitchell1978

Bad timing, he should at least held out longer to demand some real changes and then make the decision to return. He should not have made that decision to quit the NT in the first place, whether it was the heat of the moment or not. People are already call him a flip-flop.

Some of you care to much about what random people on twitter or forums are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans