10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total-Football

people don't see it and i'm amused .. he can accelerate .. his speed is still phenomenal .. the issue is that he used to makes those runs a lot throught the match .. nowadays he can't .. he only does 3 at most each half .. that's why people people assume he lost his speed when he in fact didn't .. the game against sevilla when he played a one two and tried to chip the goalie ( forgot with whom ) he was quick as hell

SeloBarca

Of course he can't accelerate, the same way he could when he was young,either can bolt.

Exactly. Luckily hes such a great player he finds other ways to beast. Now hes the best playmaker by far instead. Without his creativity we would be f-ed.

Total-Football

Of course he can't accelerate, the same way he could when he was young,either can bolt.

for the 1000 th time ..this age thing is a myth , for two reasons :

1- i kept hearing it since Messi was 27
2- go back and check how old Robben was when he left ramos for dead in the world cup

SeloBarca

Robben and Messi plays different styles. Messi takes much more beating by dribbling in small areas.
Robben havent played at such an extreme level as Messi have since 17.
Ronaldo is faster running forward aswell at 31 but he is a physical beast and havent taken as much beating during the years.
Messi is still a beast, but not in the accelerate away from defenders way. He looses the ball way way more now and defenders usually catch up.

Andrew M

That's actually not a pertinent comparison. Acceleration from the blocks is the weaker part of Bolt's sprint due to his height, whereas acceleration has always been Messi's strength.

El Flaco

11 years ago since Messi got his first red card as a 18 year old lad.

To this day, it's still the only time he's been sent off during his career.

NotInHere

11 years ago since Messi got his first red card as a 18 year old lad.

To this day, it's still the only time he's been sent off during his career.
Wasn't that his first game for the major national team? Look at him 18 years old and already dropping people like flies lol.

I wonder what other player was as good as him at his age, maybe the brazilian Ronaldo or so I've heard.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
That nutmeg, man. Some great passes so far too. Finishing will come, don't stress it so much, Leo.

KiX7777

Played great. He suprised me with pressing and tackling, also, desire to score in 90th minute, I expect great goalscoring season from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans