10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Morten

It's just sad to see. Players that won no international trophies in their career include Cruyff and Di Stefano.

I'm sure half of this forum will continue to diminish Messi's value and worth as well as his legacy when he retires.

You already have guys like @serghei and @Barcilliant leading the shithousery here.

People just don't value something or someone until it's gone.

Speaking of Cruyff, he had quite the short peak, didnt he? Few mentions that.

blaugrana1987

At 4-2 with 10 minutes to go, he was still playing walking defense.

At the end of game, he seems traumatized like someone robbed him of his god given entitlement.
How so? He made fantastic assist in 90th minute and started action for chance that could have been 4-4. You are reaching far mate...

Stoichkov1

It's just sad to see. Players that won no international trophies in their career include Cruyff and Di Stefano.

I'm sure half of this forum will continue to diminish Messi's value and worth as well as his legacy when he retires.

You already have guys like @serghei and @Barcilliant leading the shithousery here.

People just don't value something or someone until it's gone.

People who question his legacy at Barca are wrong but people who don't accept constructive criticism of his way of playing are wrong too. Messi being so static hurts Barca as Messi's and Barca's performances in the CL show.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People who question his legacy at Barca are wrong but people who don't accept constructive criticism of his way of playing are wrong too. Messi being so static hurts Barca as Messi's and Barca's performances in the CL show.

You've been harping about it in every post. Watch is your constructive take? To be annoying?

-SG7-

How so? He made fantastic assist in 90th minute and started action for chance that could have been 4-4. You are reaching far mate...

Exactly...this is the annoying part. If you gonna provide a argument..try not to sound unbiasef and present all the facts.

He seemed traumatised...yet was still trying to win it towards the end. Then u get the likes of pavon who crosses it into the stands. sigh..think the moderation needs to step up a notch on this thread

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I don't have a problem with criticizing Messi being static, but to everything argument or point of criticism you have to look at the entire picture to determine how much of a problem that really is.

Argentina conceded four goals today. Messi was still static, but more involved than he's been earlier. This Argentina team is just not good enough. Di Maria had a golazo, but that's the only good thing he did in the tournament. Mascherano is finished as a DM and Enzo Perez is just mediocre. Banega is literally Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and today you saw why no major team has signed him in his career and why he's bounced around clubs.

The team was just not good enough, but he still made an impact on two of their goals. He cannot be expected to simply take that team the distance against a younger, more energetic and less, far less chaotic France.

As for Messi being static at Barca, then it is something he need to improve, however Barca as a team need to improve too. People want Messi to play further forward, but for the last 2-3 seasons no one from the midfield has been able to advance the ball or make those passes Banega made vs Nigeria. Even Rakitic has been lacking there, either taking too long or simply not having the guts to make that play as it's a risky move. No chance creation from the MF and nothing from the FBs either.

It's a structural mess. Even Maradona or Pele would not take a team the distance with something like that. It's just not possible.

At this point it's not even criticism.

You have guys like [MENTION=1838]Barcilliant[/MENTION] shitting on Messi, diminishing every performance of his, saying he shouldn't be compared to CR as he doesn't deliver in big games while CR does and then you have [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] bringing his revisionism crap he does all the time something goes wrong. And if not that you have another clown claiming Busquets has been Barca's weak link since he started playing for the team.

This is not criticism. This is just a bunch of people being absolute shitheads and I have no qualms saying that or calling people out. I don't give a fuck and hope the mods let this stay because it's about time someone calls out the BS that's spewed around here way too often.

Last edited:

gatsu

In the next world cup he will be 35. The dream is not over. He can still win it if Argentina appoints a competent manager and starts working from now

-SG7-

I still cant figure out the pavon sub. Why oh why dint dybala play? The kid has enough prescence on the pitch alone just to pull players away from messi and free him up. The spark that was needed was unfortunately lost on sampoali altogether.

I really do hope messi dosent retire. With a new coach theres always new life. At least the fualts are clear as day now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nope to discuss about a problem that clearly hurts Barca and their chance to win the CL.

You know what hurts Barca's chances more? A manager that has no clue what he's doing like Valverde shitting his pants vs Roma in the return leg and a weak, slow midfield that plays no part in creating chances or making moves to advance the ball forward + weak FBs + a CF that's scored 4 times in his last 20 CL games.

Want a scapegoat? Find someone else.

Just like with Argentina who would not even be in Russia right now had it not been for Messi, but he's the scapegoat.

Like I said, people don't realize someone's true worth until he's gone.

Home of Barca Fans