10 - Lionel Messi - v5

T

TS88

disagree, he was far more consistent a couple of years back, his best was probably 13-14

I think Ronaldo's best season was 2011-12, he was frighteningly good and this was when he was still lightning fast. He was scoring all kinds of goals including 35-40 yarders. However Messi still managed to outshine him that season with his 50 goals while Ronaldo scored 48 in the league. Messi also won the ballon dor even though Real won the league that season. That was the season were both were at the top of their games and Messi proved too be better. Overall Ronaldo scored 61 goals while Messi scored 70 overall.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I think Ronaldo's best season was 2011-12, he was frighteningly good and this was when he was still lightning fast. He was scoring all kinds of goals including 35-40 yarders. However Messi still managed to outshine him that season with his 50 goals while Ronaldo scored 48 in the league. Messi also won the ballon dor even though Real won the league that season. That was the season were both were at the top of their games and Messi proved too be better. Overall Ronaldo scored 61 goals while Messi scored 70 overall.

messi's best season was either 10/11 or 14/15. cristiano's was 13/14 and 07/08 at united.

Mitchell1978

actually Messi scored 73 (and 50 in the league), Ronaldo had 60 (and 46 in the league) the season with 61 overall (and 48 in LL) for cr7 was another season
Messi best imo 14/15 and then 11/12

Paul

Messi's best season seems 11/12 with no team success though, that's because he missed that penalty with Chelsea, else there would've been no doubt.

MessiTHEgoat

The difference between Ronaldo and Messi last season was that Ronaldo showed up and performed well in the big games when it really mattered most and Messi didnt for the most part, that is why CR7 will deservedly win another Ballon Do'r. That is the truth of the matter.

lmao, you gotta be shitting me. cr7 scored bunch of tapins aganinst 10 men bayern (2 of 'em were onffsides, btw), if bale or benz or any player was in his shoes he would've scored them. cr7 played as their n9 and scored the chances his teammates were creating. the same can be said against juve and atm. he disappeared till the last two months then he showed up.

messi is different, he played the last season as a playmaker not even as a forward. created a lot of chances to his teammates. yet managed to score a lot of goals.

if messi had kroos, modric, marcelo, carvajal by his side, he would've done waaay better than cr7.

MessiTHEgoat

messi's 10/11 & 11/12 for me were his best seasons overall, his dribbling and finishing simply were out of this world. 12/13 was great too and was going to surpass
them till that injury happened :'( , 14/15 is up there if we are talking about the second part of the season (after the game at anoeta),

raskolnikov

Messi has been light years ahead of everyone for years. Anyone who knows football knows. Ronaldo is great but nowhere near that level, especially nowadays. Messi has been maradona wc86 for a decade and we areabout to see another season of goat Messi ruined by our board.

GetIn

Obviously I don't want it to happen, but it would be in Messi's best interests to sign for another club in January if our board doesn't overhaul the squad this summer, which is looking increasingly unlikely.

Kohe321

If we can't get our clubs internal structure and leadership together it could be a long era of drought after Messi eventually retires, especially considering how well Madrid is being run these days. It seems we have the same respect in the global transfer market as a second division Norwegian club now a days.

ryuken

Messi will probably get sick of this non stop fiasco at Barca year after year soon, even Messiah has his limit.

Home of Barca Fans