10 - Lionel Messi - v5

BADGERBHOY

No, because Catalunya ain't leaving Spain this century. :lol:

Such a clause makes sense anyway. Somehow I don't think a new "clasico" against Espanyol would interest him. It makes sense that he would be free to leave if that happened.

Funnily enough, the release of this information to Catalans probably makes secession even less likely than it was before.

That's probably the intention so I doubt this clause exists.

xXKonan

They talked to his dad and he denied a clause exist.

He said as long as the League is competitive even if there's a split he will remain here playing.

Messi983

No, because Catalunya ain't leaving Spain this century. :lol:

Such a clause makes sense anyway. Somehow I don't think a new "clasico" against Espanyol would interest him. It makes sense that he would be free to leave if that happened.

Funnily enough, the release of this information to Catalans probably makes secession even less likely than it was before.

And he wouldn't be the only one to leave in that case. We just couldn't afford to pay players longterm if we'd play in Catalan league.

But it's really nothing to worry about. First, I don't see Spain letting Catalonia go in the near future. And second, if that happens and La Liga won't want us anymore there are other leagues that would gladly take us. Of course that transition to another league wouldn't be easy but Barça would bring another dimension to every league in the world.

SeloBarca

As a politicly interested person i think Catalonia should be allowed to be independant if they want to.
As a Barcelona fan, i dont want them to.

Even if Spain would say "ok" it would take year to actually get it through.
There also the Spanish constitution that says Catalonia is not allowed to become independant that would need to be changed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I was initially in favor of Catalunya having the decision to choose which way they want to go, however after reading more into it, and looking at the Pro-Independence parties program and how they actually plan to tackle an independent Catalunya(They have absolutely no working plan), I'd have to say it would be better for them to stay with Spain.

However, in order to keep this from getting out of hand, the Spanish Government and the puppet King should shut the fuck up and work towards an agreement on, a deal on autonomy with Catalunya. They had a revised deal granting them greater fiscal powers similar to that of the Basque Country, but that was scrapped the moment PP stepped into government, and that's when the independence movement truly kicked off.

You cannot demand independence and have no plan on how you're going to make everything work(institutions, economy, trade deals, border control, etc) unless you want to end up like Venezuela or a Banana republic.

Emotionally driven decisions never end up well.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So far there has never been an instance where the Catalunya independence decision was not an emotional decision.

Except for the instability during the Second Spanish Republic and the Civil War. Then they had legitimate concerns and motives to split away from Spain and side with the Allies during WWII.

I believe it would have helped them greatly compared to Spain under Franco who was perhaps not very outspoken about it or directly involved, but still supported the Axis Powers.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Ye, its better for both parties to stay as they are.
Catalunya needs to be treated a bit more fair though.
They are very very rich, and pay for alot that "Spain" dont pay for.
Theres still quite alot of leftovers from Franco era.

JamDav1982

Ye, its better for both parties to stay as they are.
Catalunya needs to be treated a bit more fair though.
They are very very rich, and pay for alot that "Spain" dont pay for.
Theres still quite alot of leftovers from Franco era.

What do they pay for?

There is always going to be regions that are better off than others in any country.

Horatio

You're welcome
Except for the instability during the Second Spanish Republic and the Civil War. Then they had legitimate concerns and motives to split away from Spain and side with the Allies during WWII.

I believe it would have helped them greatly compared to Spain under Franco who was perhaps not very outspoken about it or directly involved, but still supported the Axis Powers.

Ah yes. Sometimes I forget this world predates the year 2000.

jamrock

The person I a happiest for during this coutinho signing his this man, this board wasted a good two years of his prime years crap signings like Arda,Gomes and paco, unless he can have a great final 3/4 years and go off with at least 1 more CL title.

Barca83

Banned
The person I a happiest for during this coutinho signing his this man, this board wasted a good two years of his prime years crap signings like Arda,Gomes and paco, unless he can have a great final 3/4 years and go off with at least 1 more CL title.

not this nonsense again...,

JamDav1982

Thats just a load of shit Barca had a team that should have done better in the CL and it wasnt because of those back up players.

As much as anything Messi himself, Suarez and to a lesser extent Neymar have gone missing at crunch times in CL the past couple seasons.

Home of Barca Fans