10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Stoichkov1

So he does run as I said.

8km jogging about and no movement off the ball or looked to improve tempo to get on it.

Doesnt move enough to get on ball and walks about too much unless finds it at his feet.

Against Madrid in the league he ran and jogged exactly the same and he was the best player on the pitch.

booge

Since 2012 he's only had one great Cl campaign.. That's unacceptable for a player of his caliber.. I really need him to have dominant Cl campaigns the next years.

I foolishly still have hope for the WC, even if they don't win I hope he turns up and performs and don't go out playing terribly like this.

One thing I have learned with Messi and C. Ronaldo is that they both need good teams around them and I mean very good teams.

Yeah Messi does single handly drag them far but football is so competitive these days that neither player can pull the rabbit out of the hat.

It does not exist with them. Sorry but true.

Messi can't win the WC because he is not capable of doing it with this Argentina team.

Ronaldo had the Brazil national team with great champions to back him up.

Same with Pele.

This is why Maradona is in many eyes the best because he has Messi technique and C, Ronaldo's mentality.

I repeat. Maradona had the skill of Messi-R9 and the mentalitly of C. Ronaldo/Pele

This is why he did well with Argentina and Napoli.

Messi can't do that. Laughable seeing messi with the captains arm band for Argentina.
Maradona must be pissing him self laughing.

fergus90

EV and players including Messi cost Barca.

Bunch of fucking leaderless wimps out there on pitch tonight.

One of our biggest problems in my opinion. We lack anyone with character, used to have Puyol and Xavi whilst Messi & Iniesta would be doing the talking with their feet.

However since Iniesta has been captain, our lack of fight in europe when our backs against the wall is abysmal.

Jägermeister

You realise this is Messi thread right?

Yes, but your comments suggest that all you care about is Messi´s personal achievements ("Now Ronaldo has 6 ballon dor. This is nightmare nightmare!" lol).
It is a team sport, we win and lose as a team. You can't just say whenever we win it is because of Messi and when we lose it is because of the other 10 players. He is the best player in our team, but this still is not a one man show.

Flavius

he is not into football anymore. His head is 100% on his family.

remember how he celebrated goals in earlier years? he has reached everything bar the WC and he also knows he will not win it in his life.
the only reason he still scores that much is his incredible talent and vision, but I cant remember a single game in the last 3 years (since the cl final) where I saw the bullterrier messi.

I think he really doesnt care anymore, he knows he hasnt the teammates to win it all again. He just waits for the ball to be at his feet and then he does the magic, but his off the ball movement is non existent. People always tell that cr7 scores tap ins, yes he does but in 99% Messi wouldnt be in that positions to score those tap ins.

I wouldnt say that his legacy is ruined but it def. took a hard knock because of so many factors especially all barca cl exits plus all the final losses with the NT

Come on man, we had a 4-1 lead!!! Almost in semifinals, there can happen anything. But man... What a display from everyone.

Home of Barca Fans