10 - Lionel Messi - v5

pregra

This is what he gets for playing every single minute of the Copa and dead rubber league games. Then again, we are so,so dependant on him.

He still plays well in big matches occaisonaly like the last couple matches against Madrid and the second leg against Chelsea, but he just can't or isn't in the mood to do it consistently anymore.

Hardly a big game player anymore. Still good enough to singlehandedly win the league for us almost every season, but when the going gets tough in really big matches he disappears all too often.

He's only 30 and looks like a grandpa at times with no hunger left.

A 33 year old Ronaldo with two bum knees is still lighting the CL up and delivering at the most crucial parts of the season. I used to buy in to all that tap-in shit, but he's truly an all time great with an insatiable appetite for success.

Messi just can't be arsed too many nights and while the team around him haven't been great he's been main perpetrator of his legacy's demise.

If Ronaldo passes him in Ballon D'ors all credit to him. I've learnt to respect him over the years, not blindly hate on his anymore like I used to.
Messi is the victim of the national team curse. Had he won a copa america or two he wouldn't be so obsessed with winning sth with Argentina. Now all he thinks about is the WC, at least that is my guess

Donatello

if real or liverpool dont win cl, messi has to win it (assuming the domestic double)

Bayern have already won DFL super cup, are about to win Bundesliga, about to win DFB Pokal and if they win CL, then Bayern would have won Quadruple. And I think it will outshine Barca's achievement with domestic double.

Hardy

Fixed it for you.

he's doing his job on it with all these no factor performance on the biggest stage. People expect the best from the best, that's how works, but when you see the low from the best things are even worst. Too easy call him the GOAT when he make the difference but find every time excuses when he fail. He deserve the blame just like other players, and by the way it's not one game, we are talking about three years in a row of this shit.

S2K1985

Chatbot
Bayern have already won DFL super cup, are about to win Bundesliga, about to win DFB Pokal and if they win CL, then Bayern would have won Quadruple. And I think it will outshine Barca's achievement with domestic double.

Only a treple ;). Supercup counts for the 16/17 season

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He still plays well in big matches occaisonaly like the last couple matches against Madrid and the second leg against Chelsea, but he just can't or isn't in the mood to do it consistently anymore.

Hardly a big game player anymore. Still good enough to singlehandedly win the league for us almost every season, but when the going gets tough in really big matches he disappears all too often.

A 33 year old Ronaldo with two bum knees is still lighting the CL up and delivering at the most crucial parts of the season. I used to buy in to all that tap-in shit, but he's truly an all time great with an insatiable appetite for success.

Messi just can't be arsed too many nights and while the team around him haven't been great he's been main perpetrator of his legacy's demise.

If Ronaldo passes him in Ballon D'ors all credit to him. I've learnt to respect him over the years, not blindly hate on his anymore like I used to.

This. No matter how much talent you have if you don't work hard enough and always give your 100%, you will get beaten by the next guy who is less talented but works much harder and is much more motivated. It is as simple as that.

Last edited:
But thinking positively I doubt Real will win 3rd CL in a row, I think Lpool could win it this year. So if Barca be Invincibles in La liga then i could see Messi winning Ballon D'or. Forget the world cup, Arg or Por won't win it, and the ballon dor wont go to someone other than messi or ronaldo this year, spain won in 2010 , messi still won it. People are forgetting La Liga big time here,
Bruh if Liverpool wins CL and Salah keeps his crazy form it's more likely he'll be the one with the Ballon D'Or:lol:Unless Argentina pulls a Euro Portugal

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Lewandowski for the BD? No way. As long as Messi and Ronaldo have not drastically declined to the level that they make no impact to their respective teams, I am afraid the BD is between those two.

xxxxxx

Lol jump on that Ronaldo bandwagon. But you do realise Ronaldo has great support and a great team around.... and has for years. But whatever, blame Messi for us going out. That's what happens everytime we lose or go out of a big competition.

Ripsta

Lost his GOAT status tonight for me. Fucking no show when it matters most. The past greats had the knack to galvanise their sides in the biggest of moments and he simply can't do it. His off ball movement and constant walking pace is shameful. The team may be a load of crap but he puts zero effort in. A sad day for everyone. I hope the club sack Valverde in the summer.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Neymar has a good chance for the Ballon if Brazil win the WC and he is elected the best player of the tournament. Salah, Messi and Ronaldo have good chances too. Too early to tell at this point, but Ronaldo is the biggest contender for now.

JamDav1982

Lol jump on that Ronaldo bandwagon. But you do realise Ronaldo has great support and a great team around.... and has for years. But whatever, blame Messi for us going out. That's what happens everytime we lose or go out of a big competition.

Ronaldo has been far better individually in the CL than Messi in recent seasons.

Lazy to claim all about team mates.

Messi is the one that gets lauded as the all round player - midfielder, creator scorer...he did nothing and never even looked close to impacting game as has been case in most CL games at this stage in recent years.

Home of Barca Fans