10 - Lionel Messi - v5

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yup and do you think he'll stop next year? He'll try to make it 7 Ballon D'ors while Messi will be fading away into obscurity. Sad times.

Relax. Messi will most likely get another couple of those in his late thirties jogging around in midfield while scoring the occasional wonder goal now and then with a lot of amazing assists in between. Will be impossible for someone like Ronaldo to keep delivering like he is doing now for much longer at his age in the position and role he plays. Just enjoy them both while we still can.

xxxxxx

Put Messi in Real Madrid's team and he'll banging in the goals... put Ronaldo in this Barcelona team and he wouldn't do anything. That's pure fact.

Hate them or not, but Real Madrid are well ran team with vision. Barcelona are ran by fools with no vision.

JamDav1982

Put Messi in Real Madrid's team and he'll banging in the goals... put Ronaldo in this Barcelona team and he wouldn't do anything. That's pure fact.

Hate them or not, but Real Madrid are well ran team with vision. Barcelona are ran by fools with no vision.

No it isnt 'pure fact' at all.

Just made up shit.

Ken_rosseneri

The accuracy of this post... !!!!
Messi has to create everything and still score for Barcelona...
How will ronaldo do that for barcelona.. pls, especially with teams always defending and playing behind the ball against barcelona

This. No matter how much talent you have if you don't work hard enough and always give your 100%, you will get beaten by the next guy who is less talented but works much harder and is much more motivated. It is as simple as that.

I think Argentina getting battered at the WC this summer could be the best thing that could happen to him in terms getting motivated for next season.

His best season in recent times was in 14-15 and it came after an agonizing defeat to Germany in the WC Final. He looked like he had seriously declined at that point and people were calling him finished. Not many people expected him to come back the way he did. That WC loss really lit a fire in his belly and that following season was the best I've seen him since the early Pep days.

ebc_99

Messi has had shit managers since Guardiola, give him a chance to show what he can do. If the team is playing like crap there's only so much he can do

MessiTBE

Banned
Maybe Liverpool can beat Real Madrid hope. Liverpool play counter attack so maybe maybe they can do something. Or maybe Bayern can do something they will want revenge for what happen last year with red card and offside goals. Or maybe Roma, no no Roma will get plastered and f*****.

Please hope Real Madrid do not get Roma or it will be even worse because we would have helped them to win the CL by giving them Roma

xxxxxx

Ronaldo has been far better individually in the CL than Messi in recent seasons.

Lazy to claim all about team mates.

Messi is the one that gets lauded as the all round player - midfielder, creator scorer...he did nothing and never even looked close to impacting game as has been case in most CL games at this stage in recent years.

You've been against Messi for a while now, so your comments mean nothing to me..

What do you expect Messi to do if the mdifield is non-existent and the defence was hitting long balls to the forwards all match?

And the only reason Ronaldo has stood out is because of the goals he's scored..... which are made for him because he's plays in a much better team than Messi does. I'm amazed Messi has the amount of goals he's does this season, with the lack of support he gets.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He burns out a lot in recent seasons. Maybe he should follow ronaldo strategy and rest. The reason ronaldo is always there at the end of the season and Messi ain’t just about the difference in team between Barca and Madrid, but also because of fitness and diet

I think Argentina getting battered at the WC this summer could be the best thing that could happen to him in terms getting motivated for next season.

His best season in recent times was in 14-15 and it came after an agonizing defeat to Germany in the WC Final. He look like he had seriouslt declined at that point and people were calling him finished. Not many people expected him to come back the way he did. That WC loss really lit a fire in his belly and that following season was the best I've seen him since the early Pep days.
I don't think another NT embarrassment will offer him spirit wonders...It might very well mentally block him for good

JamDav1982

His best season in recent times was in 14-15 and it came after an agonizing defeat to Germany in the WC Final. He looked like he had seriously declined at that point and people were calling him finished. Not many people expected him to come back the way he did. That WC loss really lit a fire in his belly and that following season was the best I've seen him since the early Pep days.

Thats was the one half season he agreed to go back to RW.

It is where he should play and hold his position more and leave others to build up game.

Wont happen as he wants to be central and have complete freedom to do what he wants.

xxxxxx

Messi has had shit managers since Guardiola, give him a chance to show what he can do. If the team is playing like crap there's only so much he can do

That's what these Messi haters fail to realize. He's had poor managers for years now.... and he's been playing in an average Barcelona side for a while now..... and not to mention, most of the players are declining or are past it.

Home of Barca Fans