10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Judoman

Of course it s about the loss. If we would have won yesterday, todays forums would be very different.

shit on the field=less flashy game

You don t get to win league with being "shit on the field".

Less flashy game is due to the team/players we have. The only real creators in CL are Messi and up to a point Iniesta. With Coutinho and Dembele we started to adress this issue. The issue, that should have
been taken care of years ago. We need plan b and plan c, that is obvious. I don t remember a game, where one team pressed as hard as Roma did yesterday for the whole 90 minutes. They played perfect game and
they showed what Barca is missing. Hopefully managment will react during summer.

Calidad

How anyone can truly criticise Messi for last night is beyond me. He is basically doing everything himself up front. His goals and assists have glossed over poor performances by the team most of the season. The odd time he isn’t able to do that, or has an off game, no one else seems to step up.

Every time he got the ball yesterday, he was surrounded by 3-4 players, because the opposition basically know that no one else in the side will do anything except give it to Messi and hope for the best.

El Guaje

Of course it s about the loss. If we would have won yesterday, todays forums would be very different.

shit on the field=less flashy game

You don t get to win league with being "shit on the field".

Less flashy game is due to the team/players we have. The only real creators in CL are Messi and up to a point Iniesta. With Coutinho and Dembele we started to adress this issue. The issue, that should have
been taken care of years ago. We need plan b and plan c, that is obvious. I don t remember a game, where one team pressed as hard as Roma did yesterday for the whole 90 minutes. They played perfect game and
they showed what Barca is missing. Hopefully managment will react during summer.

The 1st paragraph proves my point again. If we would have won, there wouldnt have been as many angry posts as there are, yeah. But also if we wouldnt have managed to grind the 3 points throughout the season we would have had these posts long time ago. If you actually watched the games and werent blinded by the results, you'd knew this was bound to happen at one point. It was very close to happen many times before and we were lucky it didnt happen till now.

No, not just being less flashy but also being toothless in attack, having a hard time breaking down the opponent, relying on individual moments by Messi, narrowly escaping with a win or tie, not being near as dominant, shitting yourself to the point you feel the need to defend a 4-1 lead instead of killing the game etc.

You dont get dumped out by Roma out of all teams if youre not awfully shit. We got the easiest team and yet managed to fuck it up not to mention we got the good result from the 1st leg with the help of own goals. We were toothless already in the 1st game.

Had Real and Atletico not been so shit in the beginning of the season, we would not be in this good position in the league today. We just managed to stay more consistent. We have had loads of luck too, luck that has run out.

We've had the same team for years, only difference being Neymar is gone. We were much more dominant with Enrique, we could outscore any team we wanted, we were flashier, were not scared and the list goes on and on and on.

Lol we have plan B available, but Valverde chooses to place it on the bench. We have an amazing talent in Dembele but he is being terribly missmanaged. Instead of letting him play and helping him integrate Valverde used to play scrubs like Vidal, Paulinho and hell even used Roberto on the wings instead. We'd also get to see Paco play out wide instead of in the box where he belongs. All while Dembele was on the bench. He gets Coutinho, one of the best players in the PL. What does Valverde do? Play him on the right side where he isnt even half as good as he is on the left. He benches Semedo after good performances throughout the season and now all of a sudden he plays 3 games in like 10 days after a injury. He runs Iniesta, Rakitic, Pique, Alba, Messi and Suarez into the ground. He plays shit conservative football as if he was Mourinho. And the list goes on and on.

Yeah, hopefully they will react by sacking Valverde asap.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

How anyone can truly criticise Messi for last night is beyond me. He is basically doing everything himself up front. His goals and assists have glossed over poor performances by the team most of the season. The odd time he isn’t able to do that, or has an off game, no one else seems to step up.

Every time he got the ball yesterday, he was surrounded by 3-4 players, because the opposition basically know that no one else in the side will do anything except give it to Messi and hope for the best.

Barca scored 4 vs Roma the previous week with Messi not scoring or assisting any even if two were ogs.

Messi had 12 attempts over that two legs and barely looked like scoring any of them. Some of those he would score without a second thought in La Liga.

His game has been dropping dramatoically in the CL along with others.

People can craw about tap in Ronaldo but he finishes those chances in the CL.

Last edited:

Calidad

Barca scored 4 vs Roma the previous week with Messi not scoring or assisting any even if two were ogs.

Messi had 12 attempts over that two legs and barely looked like scoring any of them. Some of those he would score without a second thought in La Liga.

His game has been dropping dramatoically in the CL along with others.

People can craw about tap in Ronaldo but he finishes those chances in the CL.

After Messi, OG is by far the highest contributor of goals in the CL this year. Aside from Messi, no one has scored more than one goal in the CL.

Are you really trying to peddle nonsense that it’s Messi who needs to be scoring more?

Yes, let’s drop Messi. That will solve our problems with goal scoring.

JamDav1982

After Messi, OG is by far the highest contributor of goals in the CL this year. Aside from Messi, no one has scored more than one goal in the CL.

Are you really trying to peddle nonsense that it’s Messi who needs to be scoring more?

Yes, let’s drop Messi. That will solve our problems with goal scoring.

Yes 100% Messi needs to be scoring more at this stage of CL than has done in recent years.

Missing the chances he has vs Roma doesnt happen in La Liga. He has been well below his best at this stage time and again.

From QF on he seems to be shrinking as a player and not doing what he does week in week out.

BusiTheKing

Regarding leadership on the pitch and our desperate lack of it, I think it would be very difficult to have someone really take charge while Messi is still here. There's just a certain established dynamic around Messi that makes it impossible for me to envision both him and his teammates who are perpetuating his status, complying with a strong leader especially when heads need to roll.

Ramos can tell Ronaldo off and the team would follow suit. After Puyol and Valdes left, who has been comfortable really stepping up without taking prisoners and telling it like it is?

Simultaneously, we have noone to inspire us when we need to fight. Any manager would be stupid to underestimate this factor.

ebc_99

Messi isn't the reason we got knocked out, it's not his fault we conceded 3 goals. He can't do much if Valverde has the team setup to defend which we then fucked up. If Dembele played then I think that would have helped.

JamDav1982

Messi isn't the reason we got knocked out, it's not his fault we conceded 3 goals. He can't do much if Valverde has the team setup to defend which we then fucked up. If Dembele played then I think that would have helped.

Of course he is not the only reason but it is rich to claim what can he do if got no chance to influence the tie when he did.

The defence and EV were by far biggest reason Barca were eliminated in that game last night but Messi was not good enough over the two legs either.

Raketa10

Without a supporting cast things will be even worse next year as he is getting older, so yes we need different players to get him back to throne. Of course he has his portion of guilt for yesterday and I won't buy that "we can't criticize Messi" shit. He should have contributed more yesterday in other ways. It was visible he was having a bad day but than you fight and play defense or distract opponent defenders. There is no excuse for his performance yesterday.

George_Costanza

Ignore Jamdav1982, he hates Messi and blame failures on Messi for Barca and ARG. Then in a few days from now, he will deny he ever criticized or blamed Messi. He secretly wishes it was Messi who should have left to PSG not Neymar.

JamDav1982

Ignore Jamdav1982, he hates Messi and blame failures on Messi for Barca and ARG. Then in a few days from now, he will deny he ever criticized or blamed Messi. He secretly wishes it was Messi who should have left to PSG not Neymar.

Yes put me on ignore......and no not blaming Messi as quite clearly say.

100% correct I will deny blaming Messi. Good work.

Raketa10

I can't comprehend why anyone who dares to criticize Messi is labeled as a hater? We all think he is the GOAT and GOAT has to show more than he did yesterday. Period!

George_Costanza

I can't comprehend why anyone who dares to criticize Messi is labeled as a hater? We all think he is the GOAT and GOAT has to show more than he did yesterday. Period!

Nothing wrong with criticizing Messi, I criticized him for playing every game, I criticized for not showing up in few games but Jamdav1982 truely hates Messi, and when Neymar left, he blamed him for that. If Barcelona or ARG lose any game, Messi is first to blame for him.

JamDav1982

Nothing wrong with criticizing Messi, I criticized him for playing every game, I criticized for not showing up in few games but Jamdav1982 truely hates Messi, and when Neymar left, he blamed him for that. If Barcelona or ARG lose any game, Messi is first to blame for him.

Haha yeah I 'truly hate Messi'.

Not blamed him for the defeat and not blamed him for Argentina defeats. Keep up.

Never once blamed him for Neymar leaving. More lies.

Your are getting desperate.

Home of Barca Fans