10 - Lionel Messi - v5

M

MessiCam

In my opinion Messi is having the season of his life. It is not his fault that he is playing under a dead beat manager that has put him on midfield duty with no wingers, a declining striker that has lost his ability to make passes and is only good for the occasional tap in and a 2 man central midfield of which one (Rakitic) has the technical ability and creativity of a giraffe and yet he is leading La Liga in every attacking metric that matters. Valverde has failed Messi because instead of structuring the team around him Valverde has structured it around making Rakitic and Suárez comfortable. Is it any surprise that the 2 of them are what is increasingly becoming known as the unbenchables?

The numbers Messi has put up thus far under the circumstances are extraordinary.

You can critique his apparent lack of movement, even though I don't share that sentiment because he has ALWAYS played in this manner (Guardiola has mentioned this a few times) but don't compare this current season to any before it because under Valverde he is not a forward and he certainly doesn't have Alves as in 2014/15 to tear up the right side with.

RMU ReBorn

this is nonsense. you're basically saying that messi is faultless, that he has had absolutely nothing to do with our CL exits.
Yeap pretty much . No point in wasting my time with Pepststic followers . Go fuck off to Oil city . Messi along with Xavi has made Guardiola relevant . Thank him for that . Now he is getting fucked without Messi and xavi in Cl were as Messi has won a treble under another Manager . Mou was right . Messi made Guardiola relevant in europe . :wave:

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Too early to take Ballon dor, Madrid still need to get past Bayern who they were very lucky against last season and I think Heynkes adds another dimension.

RMU ReBorn

1. No he hasn't.

2. No he hasn't.

3. Nobody is.

4. To you everyone who criticizes Messi is a troll.

Fact is you're deluded and can't think straight.
Says the biggest troll of this forum . Check out this troll's posts in this thread . 90% will be criticizing Messi . Troll with a neutral mask .

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Yep, I'm a troll.

Better to be that than be a fanboy with a ugly mug like yours which you could only hope to be a mask. That's just judging by the picture of yourself that you posted here. Maybe that isn't you and for the sake of humanity I hope it isn't.
At least i do have a identity unlike the ugly troll like you with a neutral mask . You are so ugly and filthy that you won't even post a picture of your filthy face any were on the social media . Filthy ugly troll

RMU ReBorn

I'm so sad for all the people who start to criticize Messi! Really miss the good old days where football fans relied their statements only on what they saw on the pitch, not on what YouTube highlights or the stats shows. For all what is happening, I personally blame the board for such pathetic choices of coaches, transfers etc. I was a big Barca fan since the Rivaldo & Figo days, but went to totally obsession mode with the Messi era.

The simple fact that Messi is almost same level as Ronaldo in the goalscoring department is insane, when you think that they play totally different roles and position. Since when did it became a huge disappointment that an AM/Winger doesn't score as much as a CF/ST? (I'm Messi case he actually does) did I really become so conservative with the rules of this game?

Yes, CR7 is one of the best strikers ever but IMO (and it's just my personal opinion) Lewandoski, Jardel, Shearer, Batistuta, Van Nistelrooy etc or even Suárez would have same number of goals with such a high quality midfield as Real has atm. People talk only about Reals midfield and forget 2 very important and awesome passers as Marcelo or Carvajal. I'm sad that people put the domestic title so low. For that, I really respect the Premiership because they still are proud if they win it.

But I can't blame most of you guys because when you see a football genius like Messi in your team, you start to think you are invincible and get blinded of the lack of quality this guy has around him.

As for the discussion about the Ballon d'Or, I still think that Ronaldo has won atleast 2 of them without even deserving them (2013 when Ribery should have cleary won it and the one from last year). Even Real Madrid fans voted Isco as their best player last year.

Even the Euro 2016. If you have even watched Portugals games ( I did mostly for betting reasons :) ) you would have noticed that Ronaldo was one of the worst players on the pitch in most of the matches. Every Portugal fan will confirm it. Heck, he dident even play the final but after the tournament, all people said "OMG, Ronaldo won the Euro for Portugal". Which was one the most fake statments I ever heard.

IMO, the Ballon d'Or was set up to make things more interesting because the 4-1 at the time in favor of Messi was to boring for marketing reasons.

As for the statement that Messi disappears in the important matches, that is one of the most bullshit statment ever. Since 2007 in 90% of the big matches, Messi was the key figure.

Ronaldo was known for missing all the big matches. How people can forget is a mistary.... And why people start to compare only the last 5 years? Why not all the years?

As for the 4 CL that Ronaldo won: In 3/4 finals, he wasn't even the best. 2 of them, Ramos saved them by scoring the goals. I love how people say that Ronaldo is more dominant in CL then Messi, but people wake up: they have same amount of CL titles FFS (4). It's not like Messi has none. They just had different periods.

IMO, Messi has yet alot to offer but clearly needs some support aswell. With the right signings Veratti/Thiago and Griezmann, I believe Messi, the masterpiece, isn't finished yet.

IMO, Barca fans should feel totally lucky to have such a unique player and enjoy (sadly to say) his last years in football.
:cheers: ....

BarcaOG

Banned
Yeap pretty much . No point in wasting my time with Pepststic followers . Go fuck off to Oil city . Messi along with Xavi has made Guardiola relevant . Thank him for that . Now he is getting fucked without Messi and xavi in Cl were as Messi has won a treble under another Manager . Mou was right . Messi made Guardiola relevant in europe . :wave:

You're a first rate idiot. By that logic Messi would have made all of Tito, Tata, Lucho season 3 and EV 'shine'. Newsflash: managers matter, a lot. The truth is that Messi's claim to be the best in the world, let alone of all time, is seriously undermined by his inability to deliver against Atleti (twice), Roma and Juve in the last three four years. By what deluded logic is the best player in the world not supposed to decisively influence the most important matches, ie CL knockouts? The idea that he's not expected to is absurd. If he wants to win the B'Dor, he must. There is no other way around it.

T

TS88

[MENTION=20085]RMU ReBorn[/MENTION] What about Pep's decision to play Messi as a false nine in the 6-2 game against Madrid in 2009? Doesn't that hold any water for you? Xavi was saying how Pep's tactical decisions changed Barca for the better and that was one of them. Pep said that is where the game will be won before that game against Madrid. Messi didn't make Pep what he is, that is a ridiculous statement. Seems like you're another deluded Messi fanboy. Tell me how Barca played in 2008 before Pep took charge. They lost the league by 18 points and didn't win anything. Then Pep comes and they win the treble and that is thanks to Pep making the right tactical changes and getting the best out of the players.

Last edited:

eaman

You're a first rate idiot. By that logic Messi would have made all of Tito, Tata, Lucho season 3 and EV 'shine'. Newsflash: managers matter, a lot. The truth is that Messi's claim to be the best in the world, let alone of all time, is seriously undermined by his inability to deliver against Atleti (twice), Roma and Juve in the last three four years. By what deluded logic is the best player in the world not supposed to decisively influence the most important matches, ie CL knockouts? The idea that he's not expected to is absurd. If he wants to win the B'Dor, he must. There is no other way around it.

He has delivered against atletico on plenty of occasions to deliver league titles. Some of those ties just came at the wrong time. Against atletico in 2016 he and his two strike partners had just come back from tough world cup qualifying in South America and looked jaded and I think it was the same last year against juve. Also he did deliver against juve in the first leg where he put two clear chances on a plate for teammates. That second leg might have been different if even one was taken. And we all know he was not fully fit against Roma and even if he was what's he supposed to do when his midfield could barely get into the opposition half. We all saw he tried to come back and get things going at times but when the rest aren't even having a half decent game it's pretty hard to have a telling influence.

RMU ReBorn

[MENTION=20085]RMU ReBorn[/MENTION] What about Pep's decision to play Messi as a false nine in the 6-2 game against Madrid in 2009? Doesn't that hold any water for you? Xavi was saying how Pep's tactical decisions changed Barca for the better and that was one of them. Messi didn't make Pep what he is, that is a ridiculous statement.

Let him win a CL without Messi and Xavi . Messi was world class even before Pep came . Messi was world class even after he left . Messi has won a treble playing in Rw as well . Messi in his teenage destroyed Mourinho's greatest ever chelsea side and made a mockery of defenders like Carlos , Cannavaro , Carvalho etc . Conclusion -: Messi would still have been world class even without Pep and would have won cl . Can't say other way around unless Pep proves his metal . I haven't seen these pepstatic lovers bashing Pep when he gets kicked out of Cl but they are the first to point their gun at Messi after every Cl exist .

Messi has made all the managers you mentioned above punch above their potential ..They would have won less without Messi :) . Martino's side almost won the league despite a pathetic season and Messi being unfit ,he gave us hope all along winning important ties in Sevilla , Madrid etc . Especially Classico . A Season in which Madrid won Cl we finished above them winning two classico's . Tito's season we finished 15 points above Mourinho's Madrid . Messi was winning us matches and scoring in every match even comming off from bench. Cl is different scenario . One man alone can't do anything without proper midfield . We didn't had that ever since Xavi left

T

TS88

[MENTION=20085]RMU ReBorn[/MENTION] What about Pep's decision to play Messi as a false nine in the 6-2 game against Madrid in 2009? Doesn't that hold any water for you? Xavi was saying how Pep's tactical decisions changed Barca for the better and that was one of them. Pep said that is where the game will be won before that game against Madrid. Messi didn't make Pep what he is, that is a ridiculous statement. Seems like you're another deluded Messi fanboy. Tell me how Barca played in 2008 before Pep took charge. They lost the league by 18 points and didn't win anything. Then Pep comes and they win the treble and that is thanks to Pep making the right tactical changes and getting the best out of the players.

RMU ReBorn

You can call me a Messi fan boy or whatever . At least i am not a oil wanker kissing Qatari's ass just because Pep left for city . Being fanboy of my club's greatest player is better than being a asslicker of Oil shitty team

Yes Pep did lot of things right after a difficult season . Credit's for him . Doesn't make him the best manager of this era like some Pep wankers believes so . Diego Simeonne is by far better than him tactically . There are number of managers who have done better than him in 21st century . Likes of Ferguson , Cholo ,Heynckes , Wenger , has been better than Pep over the period of time with the limited resources compared to the players that Pep had in his disposal

Last edited:
T

TS88

Let him win a CL without Messi and Xavi . Messi was world class even before Pep came . Messi was world class even after he left . Messi has won a treble playing in Rw as well . Messi in his teenage destroyed Mourinho's greatest ever chelsea side and made a mockery of defenders like Carlos , Cannavaro , Carvalho etc . Conclusion -: Messi would still have been world class even without Pep and would have won cl . Can't say other way around unless Pep proves his metal . I haven't seen these pepstatic lovers bashing Pep when he gets kicked out of Cl but they are the first to point their gun at Messi after every Cl exist .

Sometimes you need a bit of luck to win a competition like the CL. Real had it in 2014 in the second leg against Dortmund, in 2016 against Wolfsburg, both final's against Atletico and 2017 against Bayern. Even this year they got lucky against Juve in the second leg. Yes, Pep was undone by Messi's brilliance in 2015 but there wasnt much he could have done about that. CL comes down to very fine margins is what I am trying to say.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Has it ever occurred to you that Valverde’s tactics is hindering Messi? He had 11 goals in the first 7 appearances playing as a False 9 (La Liga and Champions League combined) then Valverde decided to make Suárez the focal point and it was downhill from there. Tactical setup is important after all...

Also, how is it that the focal point of the attack, Suárez, did fuckall all Champions League and that it was Messi who single handedly dragged them to the quarter final in the first place. He scored as many as the rest combined with own goal contributing the other 5.

You need some perspective man.

His class is above all else, he has been on for 3 minutes, controlled the tempo of the game, first time in the game whwre barcelona played better, set up a goal

Home of Barca Fans