10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Kul_z

are you kidding me ? Have you seen how he's played in the last year or two ? I won't be fooled by his stats when his overall play is bad 90% of the times. How many times does he ruin the build up or the team play by his atrocious first touch ? I don't even care anymore that he misses a shit ton of chances 1v1 , 5 meters away from goal , or anyother good position he's been in. His first touch and ruining the team play most of the times it what gets me. You are asking me why the fuck suarez would be an issue when he's scored around 1 goal in 1000 minutes in the CL ? 1 goal ?

Guy was trully elite a few years back , clearly the best striker in the world but he's a shadow these days. These days he just runs into people , goes down , yells , grabs his leg , raises his right ( some day he may surprise you and raise his left ) hand up to force the reff to give a foul and maybe a yellow. These days he looks like he doesn't know how to pass , how to stop a ball , how to dribble ( he lost the agility and the pace he once had so he always looks for nutmegs , he was really good at this in the past but not anymore). He will be 32 and let's be serious , he won't get any better. These doesn't take away the impact he had in his time at the club so far but it's clear we need someone better. He could stay and be a rotational player but if you want to go for the CL or a trebble or league + CL , Suarez is not the answer anymore.

Lets say i agree with you with most of your statements, but im sure as hell that the biggest problem with suarez is ev's tactics and playing him out of his position. But yeah, i do admit that those nutmegs of his are annoying af lol. Still, i dont think that he is done, i can still imagine him at, lets say juventus and him beeing the world class striker, not to mention bayern, real or city.

MTL_Barca

Why the f would suarez be an issue? Our midlefield cant get the job done, cant keep possesion, cant run. Suarez is constantly marked by one player, and he gets the ball far away from goal most of the time under ev. He is not messi ffs as he gets the ball and dont have support from others. Yesterday was clear example, how with or without suarez we suck big time. He has his flaws like not scoring death chances and his fat state, but comparing to the other top strikers hes not far from their conversion rate, quite similar.

Suarez is just part of the problem. While the core problem is the midfield it's still hard to keep possession and create chances if you can't pass to your striker without a big risk of him losing the ball and that's a problem with him for quite some time. His physical performance also isn't the best, what hinders him at defending/pressuring the opponent.

Wouldn't matter much if everything else was perfect but since it's not it's hurting us quite a bit. If we don't get him back on track there it will be hard unless we somehow manage to step up our midfield play big time.

M

MessiCam

Lets say i agree with you with most of your statements, but im sure as hell that the biggest problem with suarez is ev's tactics and playing him out of his position. But yeah, i do admit that those nutmegs of his are annoying af lol. Still, i dont think that he is done, i can still imagine him at, lets say juventus and him beeing the world class striker, not to mention bayern, real or city.
When has Suarez played out of position other than the first 5 or so games? In fact many players are playing out of position so that Rakitic and Suárez can play in their preferred positions. Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Paulinho, Dembélé and Coutinho... Not to mention that we’ve had to resort to a 2 man central midfield as result too. If it weren’t for Messi’s ability to play deep it would have been a total disaster. Valverde’s tactics are centered around Suárez and Rakitic and that’s not even debatable.

Under any other manager Suárez would have been dropped by now.

Last edited:

Kul_z

When has Suarez played out of position other than the first 5 or so games? In fact many players are playing out of position so that Rakitic and Suárez can play in their preferred positions. Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Paulinho, Dembélé and Coutinho... Not to mention that we’ve had to resort to a 2 man central midfield as result too. If it weren’t for Messi’s ability to play deep it would have been a total disaster. Valverde’s tactics are centered around Suárez and Rakitic and that’s not even debatable.

Under any other manager Suárez would have been dropped by now.

Not quite sure about that, if it was to benefit suarez it would be 433, or 4231 with dembele on the left so he could put off pressure from suarez, right know i see suarez more on the left side of the pitch with either iniesta/cou drop in middle with only one trick pony alba creating/trying/running whatever on the far left. We are one dimensional in attack,so like the lad above mentioned, he has his flaws, but at the end middlefield is our primary problem. I do believe that suarez still has that world class material in him.

M

MessiCam

Not quite sure about that, if it was to benefit suarez it would be 433, or 4231 with dembele on the left so he could put off pressure from suarez, right know i see suarez more on the left side of the pitch with either iniesta/cou drop in middle with only one trick pony alba creating/trying/running whatever on the far left. We are one dimensional in attack,so like the lad above mentioned, he has his flaws, but at the end middlefield is our primary problem. I do believe that suarez still has that world class material in him.

Valverde’s 4-4-2 is a lame excuse of a 4-2-3-1. Also, you again want to shuffle around players, this time by moving Dembélé to the left... Why does everybody have to be moved around so he can be in his element when he is already operating on the more creative flank? He has Alba, Busquets, Iniesta/Coutinho and Messi through the middle where as the opposite flank has Roberto, Rakitic and Paulinho for the most part because Dembélé plays very little.

Regarding a 4-3-3... Not gonna happen under Valverde because he doesn’t have the cojones to bench Suárez. Messi and Suárez can’t coexist in a 4-3-3.

El Flaco

Top 20 LaLiga players with the biggest participation in creating goals by assists + pre-assists per 90

[tw]986558788294578176[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's why Real Madrid are still holding onto The Benz.

They can get a better, pure goalscorer, but it doesn't really help their team when it's geared towards Cristiano being the main goalscorer.

That's also why they would be keen on signing Lewandowski as he's the only one that can bring what Benzema does + the goals.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even Marcelo is ahead of the next Barcelona player.

Messi is turning 31 yet is still our entire attack and midfield. That man is not real. It will get better next season once Coutinho is a starter and Griezmann joins, but we need another midfielder there. Hopefully Dembélé steps up too.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans