10 - Lionel Messi - v5

sickstar

Played alone. But, leading balaidos at their home, with ten man, honestly, it's something that's not unexpected. Understandable.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
China or MLS time pretty soon

MLS or China time pretty soon for Leo

e0JXQ.gif

Pedro

La Masia
We need to think about life after Leo now, some people on this board think he's going to play for FC Barcelona for ever. Dembele needs to become the main man, or another superstar needs to come along or be bought to replace Leo.

M

MessiCam

We need to think about life after Leo now, some people on this board think he's going to play for FC Barcelona for ever. Dembele needs to become the main man, or another superstar needs to come along or be bought to replace Leo.
And what does that have to do with his performances at this very moment? He is still operating at a ridiculously high level.

A far more pressing issue is just what to do with Suárez...

Kul_z

We dont need salah, suarez is not that much of an issue, our midlefield is terrible. I just cant understand how we went from best midlefield ever to worst in a record time. Lets compare our midlefield to the other eu giants. We have by far the worst, and for me thats the key, even last season. That frontline with messi ney and suarez was enough terryfing that opossition would not risk open play against us and midlefield was kinda less exposed, except against very best where we could exactly see why we cant go far in cl, but now.. Messi alone has that fear factor but its clear as day as he get marked by two players, our midlefield is still constantly overruned. Everybody plays frontline pressure against us like they know that we are slow and if messi even gets the ball somewhere near the centre area he must produce something spectacular to get in his position running towards the goal, which he produces couple of times in every game(absolute goat) but lacks support and link up play of the others. If i saw messi running towards the goal, i would run as hell in empty areas upfront the pitch, either waiting for that perfect ball of his or to be a decoy. I know im watching via tv, but its clear that he doesnt get support he needs. No matter how suarez plays badly, he still understands what messi needs to thrive.

Kul_z

stoped reading about here

Why the f would suarez be an issue? Our midlefield cant get the job done, cant keep possesion, cant run. Suarez is constantly marked by one player, and he gets the ball far away from goal most of the time under ev. He is not messi ffs as he gets the ball and dont have support from others. Yesterday was clear example, how with or without suarez we suck big time. He has his flaws like not scoring death chances and his fat state, but comparing to the other top strikers hes not far from their conversion rate, quite similar.

CatalinR10

Why the f would suarez be an issue?

are you kidding me ? Have you seen how he's played in the last year or two ? I won't be fooled by his stats when his overall play is bad 90% of the times. How many times does he ruin the build up or the team play by his atrocious first touch ? I don't even care anymore that he misses a shit ton of chances 1v1 , 5 meters away from goal , or anyother good position he's been in. His first touch and ruining the team play most of the times it what gets me. You are asking me why the fuck suarez would be an issue when he's scored around 1 goal in 1000 minutes in the CL ? 1 goal ?

Guy was trully elite a few years back , clearly the best striker in the world but he's a shadow these days. These days he just runs into people , goes down , yells , grabs his leg , raises his right ( some day he may surprise you and raise his left ) hand up to force the reff to give a foul and maybe a yellow. These days he looks like he doesn't know how to pass , how to stop a ball , how to dribble ( he lost the agility and the pace he once had so he always looks for nutmegs , he was really good at this in the past but not anymore). He will be 32 and let's be serious , he won't get any better. These doesn't take away the impact he had in his time at the club so far but it's clear we need someone better. He could stay and be a rotational player but if you want to go for the CL or a trebble or league + CL , Suarez is not the answer anymore.

Home of Barca Fans