10 - Lionel Messi - v5

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I take that back, Messi isn't 100% at fault, more like 50-50, his team shares the other half.

But lets just take Messi out of the GOAT debate, I thought Messi was the Jordan of this generation, but Ronaldo might be the closest one.

He was awful, he "tried" 1-2 times throughout the game. Let that sink in.

Delete this nephew.

Mods should lock this thread before it's flooded with more reactionary garbage.

Richard.H

The team is really bad but least he can do is run everywhere and distribute the ball. It's like when things don't go his way he just says "fuck it" mentally

fergus90

I love Messi but being an exceptional footballer doesn't necessarily make you a good captain, and in all honesty he's way too reserved and quiet for that role. Modric and Rakitic had all the space in the world today and ripped Argentina to shreds.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@DonAK please come as defend him as you always do. Face the facts, he was shit today

Listen you 10 year old mentally internet dipshit troll.

I wasn't defending him, but I was calling out your retardation which have been display on here for a while, but since there's no moderation around you've been allowed to stay around like a cockroach jumping out of your hole like this from time to time.

I have no time for this just like no mod have any time for moderating this forum.

Forget about his performance or his teammates for a second.

Messi isn't a leader and he shouldn't be wearing the armband for neither Barca nor Argentina.

Right from the start his body language, tone and the vibes he was emitting were off. When they went down it got even worse. No courage, no leadership, no attempt to attempt to fire up his teammates or console them.

Argentina were shitting their pants from minute 1 and when your best player and captain looks distraught and broken the rest of the team will feed off of that.

Ripsta

so if argentina somehow miraculously win against nigeria , they're still out or ?

They basically need Nigeria to win tomorrow afternoon then beat Nigeria by a large enough scoreline to overcome the goal difference.

They're as good as out, Messi should be ashamed of himself for his effort (or lack of)... and to think this fucker was rested when the team were about to go a season unbeaten just so he could walk around in Russia.

I'm disgusted.

Donatello

to be honest the team is shit. even if they went through, they would never have won it. even if they defended teams deep and hit them on the counter they would never score.

The starting XI is shit, their chemistry is shit, but the players aren't.

Argentina has arguably some of the best attacking players, plus Mascherano & Otamemdi.

The only thing they needed was to get a coach who could play Argentina to max potential, which certainly didn't happen

Barcilliant

Messi is the leader, if he is walking around he is setting a terrible example.

The third goal was a joke. Argentina just stood still while Croatia walked the ball in.

Home of Barca Fans