10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Saladin

We need to give credit to Sampaoli when its due. Tonight he brought out the absolute best in a certain Barca player.

Ivan Rakitic! (+_+)

vlad

This is the first time, in all my years of watching football, that I knew a humiliation was going to occur by watching the way the players looked when they were standing for an anthem before kick-off.

If you watched that, you knew Argentina were broken and lost the match before it even started.

They looked like mike tyson's opponents, he beat them before fight started

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
A man stands alone at the penalty spot. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But on the pitch, what? Part of a team. Teamwork.... Looks, passes, crosses, hustles - part of one big team. Shoots himself the live-long day, Gerd Muller, Ronaldo, and so on. If his team don't play... what is he? You follow me? No one! Sunny day, the stands are full of fans. What does he have to say? "I'm goin' out there for myself. But... I get nowhere unless the team win."

M

MessiCam

No amount of movement was going to get Messi the ball. He had to fetch it but he was poor on the ball too. Aguero was making runs, moving left, moving right but he saw even less of the ball.

At Barça he still gets balls in dangerous areas because there are players capable of making line breaking passes. Argentina don’t have that in midfield. If Messi doesn’t show up, which he didn’t, then it’s game over.

RevoTeller

Everybody knew Argentina was shit.
Nobody however expected Messi to be as much as shit as his teammates, as in the qualifications he was 5 steps above everbody else.

He arrived to this WC fresh, fit, knowing that it was his last chance to shine.
His team is shit, everybody knows this, he knows this, his teammates know this, but everybody also knew that this was the last chance that Messi had in his career to prove his doubters wrong.
Nobody asked him to win the WC, not possible a 1 vs 11 in modern football, we asked him just to play his best game and show people who the best player in the world is, irregardless of the final result.

Instead, Messi FAILED HARD. He wanted to prove his doubters wrong? On the other hand, he proved them damn right.
Today he was one of the worst players on the pitch.

NO EXCUSE, NO FUCKING EXCUSES.

He ruined his image and legacy today, irregardless of the loss of Argentina.

dakt

I don't think he has right to that claim after recent performances. Most talented? Easily, best? He's been losing that battle for three years now. Too fragile minded. In a high pressure situation you'd probably pick Ronaldo over him, at least if you can get the ball to him in the area he will generally make the opposition suffer.

He can claim that on his 10 years performance. He didn't perform well tonight for sure, but dear Lord, the whole NT is shit. What could have he done???

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Don't make it past Wolfsburg in 15/16 without him.

Don't make it past Dortmund in 13/14 without his crucial third goal. Not to mention he was their best player by far against Bayern in the semis.

Don't make it past Juventus in the QFs this season without him.

Sure, he has gone missing in the past and was bailed out by his teammates, but to suggest that Real Madrid would've won their CLs without him is far fetched to say the least.

And when Messi goes missing for his team? There's nobody else to bail him out.

Barca83

Banned
People always say how Ronaldo does nothing except score while Messi is the best playmaker/dribbler in the world, but the sad thing is that Ronaldo's World Cup would still be better than Messi's even if you take out his goals.

Givenchy

well one things for sure, if we have walking Messi and Suarez upfront in a 442 next season were winning sweet fuck all.

Donatello

Imagine if this was the line up,

Dybala/Aguero Aguero/Higuain Messi
(LW) (CF) (RW)

Pastore. Lo Celso
(LCM). (RCM)

Mascherano/Lo celso
(CDM)

Rojo Garay Otamendi Salvio
(LB) (CB) (CB) (RB)

Cabalero
(GK)

likeafire

Thing about Messi is that he looked like he didn't try.

If he was shit but at least tried and gave all his effort then you can't really say anything but the man didn't even try for his country. Whether it was the pressure getting to him or he just didn't give a fuck who knows.

Played like he didn't give a fuck

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Never suggested otherwise, doesn't change the fact that he didn't play well tonight and Madrid wouldn't have won any CLs without Ronaldo.

I still think they would have. Depends on who plays instead of him.

Anyways my point is, that in a team game like this, you can't play the way Argentina did and expect to get fuck all, even if you have the GOAT.

-SG7-

because they are all jumping on the Messi bashing bandwagon

which frankly discusts me from barca fans after the season he had with Barcelona this year

Why arent the moderators doing thier job?? Allowing so many trolls to fill through. You would think this is a real madrid forum and not a barca one. Lot of ungrateful people on here thats for sure.

Home of Barca Fans