10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Judoman

The truth is, for many years I've been saying Messi is superior to Ronaldo, but after today? Ronaldo delivers in big games, Messi doesn't. Messi has been figured out in big games or his mental game sucks compared to Ronaldo but Ronaldo is a big game player. Messi is not.

That gives Ronaldo an edge. Few years ago Messi was still ahead but last 4 years been just painful for Messi fans. Ronaldo has outperformed in all meaningless and important games, it's just fact.

Why do you people have a memory capacity of a squirrel?
You do remember, that exact same things were said in reverse just few years ago? Exact same theory in reverse!
How the fuck do you people don t understand that this is a team sport...it s not about 1 guy, even if his name is Messi or Ronaldo?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
la liga does matter, but the CL and WC are made for legends.
Messi had had his chance 2014 to be the undisputed goat but he didnt use it.

iniesta, zidane, pele, maradonna, ronaldo (ORIGIN) they took their chances

Even the GOAT needs luck and most importantly, his team.

Richard.H

I just don't understand why Dybala never got incorporated into the team. He would be an excellent player to compliment Messi

M

MessiCam

Its easier said than done. That's why. Call it a shite team, but can't make one to prove it.

He thinks Portugal are a worse football team than Argentina. I’d tell you to put him on ignore but you’d miss out on some entertainment if you did that.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Madrid was hardly the best team in the world in 15/16. That was still us, we just couldn't hack it against Atleti.

Treble
Double
CDR (lol)
Double

Only 1 of those years is bad.

We were utter shit in the second part of 15/16 and almost bottled the league. Madrid defeated us on Camp Nou and won the CL. Though we did have a memorable perfomance, the trashing of Neville’s Valencia, but that’s it. The Arsenal tie in CL was a joke and we didn’t play well at all. If you remember well that is the time when Messi started to play in the center consistently instead of drifting inside from the wing and our positional play became a fucking disaster with no one on the right wing.

MagIX

Finally a lot of "true" Messi fans will leave this forum and join a RM and CR forum.
Thankfully, we will breathe cleaner air.

FinBarcelonafan

Why do you people have a memory capacity of a squirrel?
You do remember, that exact same things were said in reverse just few years ago? Exact same theory in reverse!
How the fuck do you people don t understand that this is a team sport...it s not about 1 guy, even if his name is Messi or Ronaldo?

I'm sorry but have you watched football last two years? Ronaldo won Euro, Messi shit. Ronaldo won 2 CL. He was crucial in all those wins while Messi keeps bagging meaningless Copa Del Rey. We need to fucking wake up and fix this team.

Messi is not performing or the team in crucial games, Ronaldo is and Real. They have winners mentality.

Barcelona has been crushed out of CL many years in a row. Same thing happening with Argentina. This is not just random luck.. System with Messi is flawed.

Messis team can't beat top dogs anymore. It's been figured out..

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
With all the doom and gloom talk you guys should be optimistic about this. If Messi has a shred of motivation left about himself, he will remember he has the club glory left to fight for. By all means he can have another monster season on the back of the disappointing World Cup. As a madridista I hope he doesn't and requests to bugger off to Newell's and live out the rest of his career in solitude.

I remember mentioning a LONG time ago when there was the debate about his contract, in December I believe, that it's clear he is conflicted about his future. He probably does not actually WANT to keep proving people and living up to Cristiano's constant pushing of the bar higher and higher. His body language reflects that. He doesn't look like a man that cares about the Ballon D'Ors, the GOAT status.. he seems like a man sick of winning people's arguments for them, whether it's the fans, or Barto's club running.

Alik

We were utter shit in the second part of 15/16 and almost bottled the league. Madrid defeated us on Camp Nou and won the CL. Though we did have a memorable perfomance, the trashing of Neville’s Valencia, but that’s it. The Arsenal tie in CL was a joke and we didn’t play well at all. If you remember well that is the time when Messi started to play in the center consistently instead of drifting inside from the wing and our positional play became a fucking disaster with no one on the right wing.

And Madrid were utter shit in the first half of this year.

Get your pessimistic shite elsewhere.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Cruyff had just died when our team's bad form kicked in.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I would mention how 8 out of 11 starters for Argentina have no business in any top division of football, literally Segunda level players (including Mascherano).

But that's only half the story. The tactics and formation were absolutely rubbish by Sampaoli and there is no gameplan on how to attack and move forward, nor any structure to the defense. Look at how Iceland have overperformed in the past 2 tournaments to see how much tactical discipline matters. The cohesion of the team matters and without that, even the very best players cannot make a difference.

It's like if Neymar had played in that 7-1 loss to Germany and everyone started blaming him, despite total systemic collapse.

Home of Barca Fans