10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Ronaldo is a very smart player; despite his physical strength, he rests himself. While Messi cannot even run half of the game and he still wants to play every game.

Cristiano kept working hard and growing as a player while Messi relied heavily on his genes and natural talent.

Hard work > natural talent

soul24rage

Time to use Messi as a part of the team rather than the team as a part of Messi. Been killing us in the CL for the last couple of years. Everything looks so forced, no natural team play when we attack. Also, Messi’s incredble lack of stamina compared to CR is astonishing. Especially considering CR is 34 years old. Messi is bending over after a couple of sprints, I don’t understand how it is possible...

well CR7 is a physical outlier not the norm.

KingLeo10

And y'all were coming at me the other day when I suggested the notion of Messi sitting out every Liga game before a big CL KO game.

CR7 had a week's rest and you could see the springs in his boots and overall game.

Normally, it'd be the manager's responsibility but we all know Valgreen is hopeless. Messi needs to be smarter.

Ripsta

If he bottles it tomorrow then its all his fault. The most naturally gifted footballer in decades and his weak mentality and utter laziness in the most grandest stages goes well against him.

Rome last year, guarentee Ronaldo would have scored in that game. Messi? Keeps walking ad head goes down when the opposition look in the ascendency.

Messi was miles ahead in the debate after 2011 and 2015. Never thought I would see the day when Ronaldo actually surpasses him.

Yup.
I wouldn't change Messi for Cristiano, but there is no debate anymore for a while.
Cristiano did the hard work while Messi came back overweight and slow from vacation
This is the difference between a great and the greatest

KingLeo10

Yup.
I wouldn't change Messi for Cristiano, but there is no debate anymore for a while.
Cristiano did the hard work while Messi came back overweight and slow from vacation
This is the difference between a great and the greatest

lol messi has never been overweight. let's not go straight up troll.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
That’s my problem with Leo. He probably sits home tonight watching the CL highlights and thinks “What a game, Ronaldo!”. He should let shit like this fire him up like it would to CR, but he is too much into the kids and family life these days. Football is second, and it shows way too well.

KingLeo10

1433015902922_lc_galleryImage_Football_Athletic_Bilbao_.JPG

we need this version of him tomorrow and the remaining 5 games of CL to win it.

Messigician

Clowns and trolls here in full force. I for one am glad pathetico are knocked out and i look forward to seeing messi destroy Lyon

Home of Barca Fans