10 - Lionel Messi - V6

CatalinR10

That’s my problem with Leo. He probably sits home tonight watching the CL highlights and thinks “What a game, Ronaldo!”. He should let shit like this fire him up like it would to CR, but he is too much into the kids and family life these days. Football is second, and it shows way too well.

+1

Always wanted to say this.

Before he had kids he was unplayable, everything he did was perfect , you could see that football was nr 1 for him but as soon as he got his first kid he layed it low.

He already said 100 times that family is the most important part for him , which it should ...no doubts about that.

He said that whenever he loses a game he only needs to look into his children's eyes and the pain of losing the game is gone.

Messi is in love with Antonella and his family while Ronaldo is in love with football.

Again , nothing wrong with that. Messi will forever be the goat due to what he already did in football but he isn't afraid of losing and it shows through his performances in clutch games , because for him he already has almost everything he desired.

Felipetonelo

That’s my problem with Leo. He probably sits home tonight watching the CL highlights and thinks “What a game, Ronaldo!”. He should let shit like this fire him up like it would to CR, but he is too much into the kids and family life these days. Football is second, and it shows way too well.

Like you said, he's a family guy now, this fire won't ever again be with him during a game. I think a few years ago football was everything to him. He would go training then go home thinking about football then go training again. Back then if he had a bad game I think he would be really sad/angry, now I think he just see his kids and wife and will be happy again, so he won't be thinking about next game. It's sad (for us) but he's probably happier now than before.

Ronaldo has been coached by far superior coaches which does help his case, not surprising the best Messi was under Pep era when he was unplayable collecting 4 Ballom dor straight. He hasn't helped his own cause but not have any of our managers.

fergus90

I personally don't care about individual statistics really. I'd happily settle for Messi not scoring another CL goal this season if Barca still won the Champions League.

ebc_99

If he bottles it tomorrow then its all his fault. The most naturally gifted footballer in decades and his weak mentality and utter laziness in the most grandest stages goes well against him.

Rome last year, guarentee Ronaldo would have scored in that game. Messi? Keeps walking ad head goes down when the opposition look in the ascendency.

He doesn't have a weak mentality lol, were do you come up with this stuff.

feggydinho

I hope messi watched ronaldo tonight, because he really has to up his game tomorrow against Lyon. Ronaldo was on another level tonight.

No I hate both clubs for their lousy defensive football. Imagine we draw Atletico abd have a repeat of when they knocked Barca out?

I hate them both, but being eliminated by juve would be in a way being eliminated by Real Madrid's greatest idol, and that would increase his greatness even more.
I think that's what I would be afraid of
That Madrid fans have something to be happy about even when their team is eliminated from the CL

Givenchy

and this is why arguing and caring about 'goat debates' is like flogging a dead horse. Ronaldo sure does care and i can imagine him punching holes in the wall when Messi was scoring hattricks but Messi, i doubt even watched tonights game. his family will always come first and I cant fault him for that. the only time i've seen Messi fired up in recent years is when hes assaulted on the pitch (thanks Ramos)

tomorrow he needs to show up vs Lyon. i'm not bothered if he walks his way to another la liga title or copa but please, show some of that passion

Home of Barca Fans