10 - Lionel Messi - V6

likeafire

Going on twitter on a night like this is shit. Messi is trending on twitter and it’s all full of shit like “ronaldo is now better than Messi” and who is better polls with ronaldo winning on every poll. Proper Messi bashing on twitter.

Although if ronaldo does win the CL with juventus, itll cement his 6th ballon dor and then all comparison with Messi is blown out the water and I wouldn’t have a problem with people saying ronaldo is better than Messi in terms of GOAT status.

serghei

It's already a matter of personal preference between Messi or Ronaldo imo. Both have won pretty much everything with their club multiple times while being undeniable leaders in those wins.

ebc_99

Going on twitter on a night like this is shit. Messi is trending on twitter and it’s all full of shit like “ronaldo is now better than Messi” and who is better polls with ronaldo winning on every poll. Proper Messi bashing on twitter.

Although if ronaldo does win the CL with juventus, itll cement his 6th ballon dor and then all comparison with Messi is blown out the water and I wouldn’t have a problem with people saying ronaldo is better than Messi in terms of GOAT status.

Ronaldo will never be better than Messi, he just isn't as good a player, that is clear. Besides Ronaldo has 5 Champions Leagues, Messi has 4, its not like its 5 - 0. And there is a long way to go, I don't think many are suprised Juve are in the last 8, it was expected. I still think Man City are the best right now and would beat Juve, we could too if we win tomorrow.

SG-7

I hope this lights a fire in messi's ass. Even if he walks majority of the time (this wont change, never has even in the Pep era), when he gets the ball he needs to just be on rage mode haha.

YodaMaster

Wonderful to see this game. Juventus as a team is smashing Atletico, and then Ronaldo can shine. If Barca as a team play well tomorrow, I'm sure Messi will shine.

Underrated comment.

Messi plays in a shit team that keeps on being battered as soon as the opponent is a decent European club in CL. And being a shit team happens when half of starting senior players are lazy asses and the manager is a fraud who won’t consider young, hungry and full of talent players (Dembélé, Alena, Malcom, Semedo).

Barcilliant

Ronaldo will never be better than Messi, he just isn't as good a player, that is clear. Besides Ronaldo has 5 Champions Leagues, Messi has 4, its not like its 5 - 0. And there is a long way to go, I don't think many are suprised Juve are in the last 8, it was expected. I still think Man City are the best right now and would beat Juve, we could too if we win tomorrow.

Bullshit. After am won first match 90%predicted they would go through.

FCB1987

Banned
When they see how Barca will struggle once he's gone then maybe the shit fans will get off Leo's back.

People aren't frustrated because they think Barcelona would be better without Messi but because Ronaldo is moving ahead of Messi in the debate to be the generation's best player.

It's like how Barca had great seasons in 15-16 and 17-18 but most fans were still frustrated and disappointed because our main rival did better

i_bleed_blaugrana

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

The last couple pages man, boy did the Cristiano stans come out in full force!!! False narrative after another just because wonderboy scores a couple of headers and a PK. Now Messi is a family man who doesn’t care if he loses?!? Sure, family first but a man like Messi wouldn’t have done what he’s done if he wasn’t fiercely competitive. Plus, he came out and stated he’s out to win it this season. A lot is on the line for him personally and he knows he won’t come back from that should we dump out tomorrow or in the next round. So please, miss me with this bullshit.

It’s all about the now. Everybody was singing Messi’s praises back in October when we walked Tottenham. Besides, as usual with the rapist, it’s all about his team feeding his massive ego with cross after cross for him to get on the end of. How detrimental this can be on a team is exactly why Real looked so lost as they have been. It’s all about providing a system that can flood crosses for him to get on the end of. Very ordinary but it’s just playing the numbers really. 1 out of 25 or 30 will go in. And outside of Real, no team has players that are better at providing crossing service out wide than Juve. So it’s really about Juve, as a team, playing determined but also really Atletico completely shitting themselves, as usual, and played like the real cucks they are, despite them gesticulating otherwise in the first leg. Let’s be very clear about all of this.

Ronaldo needs every other player on his team to slave for him, Messi is constantly dragging underperforming players, in systems that have never really suited him and still finding ways to make his teammates shine while putting up his own numbers that beat or compete with wonderboy. Levels.

It’s the team that allows their stars to shine in the big stages that decides this whole ballon d’or/GOAT bullshit right now. If Messi has another 10 Barça players playing as a unit and at their optimal level, I’m sure he will shine, we’ll go through and all of this laughable shit will go away. Messi is untouchable, plain and simple.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

While Ronaldo has performed better few games a season, Messi has played much better overall. It's crazy how easy it's to forget. Messi is the superior player over the season but peak might be Ronaldo. His peak is only fee games a season though.

Peak meaning, performing the best in the toughest competition.. CL.

Kuchi

Lol, score 2 headers and a penaldo and suddently you are back on top, lol, bernardeski should be given half the credit

Please, juve scored 3 from 5 chances, and atletico were utter shit even to their shit standards

Raketa10

While Ronaldo has performed better few games a season, Messi has played much better overall. It's crazy how easy it's to forget. Messi is the superior player over the season but peak might be Ronaldo. His peak is only fee games a season though.

Peak meaning, performing the best in the toughest competition.. CL.

Timing is the main problem. No one cares about performance in October, November or January. Now is time to shine! Today Messi needs to show who is the boss!

Home of Barca Fans