10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Barcilliant

His aura is fading. Thanks to the board, manager and his own timidness his legacy is being tainted.
If he clicked his fingers and said, "It's either Valverde or me" the board would boot him out asap.
Instead he chooses to be passive, just riding out the rest of his career.

Messigician

Drama queens, Messi will still win Ballon D'or, Golden boot, The double, UCL top scorer, and reached the UCL semis.

Keep yapping about how his aura is fading though because of a bad 90 minutes and losing 4-3 on aggregate.

This isn't the first time we have been humiliated away,from home it's been going on since Xavi left so stop pinning it on just the manager and Messi. Where was Ronaldo prior to 2014?

MagIX

you may think I'm crazy but Barcelona's problem is Lionel Messi, without him the team would play better and differently(with different players) and with a real plan.

Messi does the job of 2-3 players when he plays, he is too good so nobody will say how bad the team is. Players basically want to pass the ball to Messi so he can do the job. Messi made it this way. And as long as Messi is there this will remain problematic for Barca no matter who joins the team.

Exactly, he's doing the job of 2-3 players. We should give the salary of the 2 wonder boys cost 300 millions to Messi, since he is forced also to do their job.
300mio that haven't made a return so far....return of investment: 0
Fucking panic buys !

Last edited:

johantenenbaum

I can't believe what people are writing about him. You guys are high or drunk? "Barca's problem is Leo. Leo is fading. Leo is the problem." What the heck are you guys using? I want to give it a shot. Maybe world would feel better with all those delusions.

If you think the problem is Leo, you either trying to be a hipster with "out of the box" thinking (but delusional) or you don't know what you are talking about. Not sure which one is worse.

Last 2 seasons he scored 27 in UCL. Who is the second in our squad? Suarez with 5 goals. Oh and he is in 3rd place by the way. Second place belongs to the own goals with 7 goals. So if you guys think we would play better without Leo you guys are just insane and clearly don't know what you are talking about. I can't believe what I just read. What kind of a people are you to blame Leo for all his done to this club. And assuming we would be better of without him? I'm just...

The only thing I'd criticize Leo is the faith he has in Valverde. Well, I don't think its faith but he likes him. Leo is a nice guy. He emotional his motives are conflicted cuz he want to win but he cares his friends. That's his dilemma. Also he's been working with with shitty coaches since 2014. After Tito we never had a decent manager. Even Lucho... Also Lucho was the reason he want to leave. Lucho and Zubizaretta. Do you know who stopped him? Tito. Right before his death. He convinced him to stay at this club. Cuz board wasnt behind him against the tax accusations. Team wasnt playing good. Zubi and Lucho was trying to discipline Leo. His wasn't in a good mood. He was unhappy cuz the club left him to the hand of Madrid media. Now he is surrounded by friends. And I'm not saying it's all good either. I'm pretty sure deep down he knows the incapabilities of the players around him. Imagine being the best on the planet and you have to rely on the team to help you.

Our roster is bad. Our midfield is bad cuz Valverde doesn't know how to use it. He is a simple traditional bigot when it comes to football. He wants muscle, he wants strength, he wants hard defense. Rest? He doesn't know how to improve players performance. He doesn't use his roster efficiently. He doesn't know what to do under a stress. And it's effecting the squad.

Yes Rakitic should leave because he doesn't deserve to be in the club. Yes Coutinho should leave cuz he performs awfully. Yes Suarez should leave or benched cuz we need to have a better player with ball. Still Suarez is the one who assists most to Leo tho. He'll be missed but we need to think forward cuz He didn't score in UCL for a very long time till Liverpool. We need to reshape our squad. And the only constant should be Leo. Oh and ter Stegen. And I blame this board cuz they spent 120m to Arda, Gomes, Paulinho. They spent 160 to Coutinho and give it to a shitty manager who doesn't know anything about attack.

Only ones to blame this unsuccessful campaign are Bartomeu, Segura and Valverde. Yes players (even Leo) are happy with Valverde. Because they got lazy. They don't challenge themselves anymore. And if you think Leo is among them, you are delusional. He tries everything, what else he should do? He gives passes, players can't finish, he scores, it's not enough, he dribbles into 3-4 players cuz no one is around him. He tried. And failed. Team didn't tried. Valverde tried to hold the score like Roma. And guess what happened. And you blame Leo for this? As I said, he should've said something about Valverde. Yes his influence is huge. But did you witness any bad words from him? That's his personality. And that's why he shouldn't have become the captain. That's my only critique about him. But who else could be the captain? Well, maybe Pique. I don't belive goalies should be captains. But team took the vote in pre season and elected him. And you know what? He f'ing delivered everything to them. But the last 2 seasons we were depending only two things: Leo to score ter Stegen to hold. That doesn't work out well in European elimination rounds. Because if you face a team that has 11 players when you depend on only 2, you'll suffer.

If you blame Leo I'll laugh at you and make fun every single arguments you have. You have the right to talk freely but freedom of speech means I have a right to shit on your shitty thoughts.

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”
― Brian Cox

To the ones who blames Leo here and all over the social media.

raskolnikov

I dont think anyone really blames Messi this time. Not directly atleast.
Its just the cr7 fanboys/madridista’s crawling out of the woodwork.
Thats atleast 80% of it of course.

raskolnikov

Neymar leaving affected us badly. It's clear.

Dembele being injured all time, did not help either. Coutinho being useless.

Neymar and his ego. You could copy the rant Mike gave Walter White on breaking bad about being the man and it applies directly to Neymar and Barca.
We all suffered because of it. Neymar as well.

Centauri B

Neymar and his ego. You could copy the rant Mike gave Walter White on breaking bad about being the man and it applies directly to Neymar and Barca.
We all suffered because of it. Neymar as well.

What an idiotic move it was by Neymar. By now he would have been our number one player most of the time. Messi will be playing less from next season I would imagine.

For the life of me, with Neymar in the team, Liverpool's chances against us would have been far, far less. All those chances created by Messi and wasted by (Suarez, Coutinho, Alba, Dembele, Vidal) our players, at least some of them would have been buried by Neymar. FML!

I dont think anyone really blames Messi this time. Not directly atleast.
Its just the cr7 fanboys/madridista’s crawling out of the woodwork.
Thats atleast 80% of it of course.

100%

raedkuwait

i blame him, he is fantastic player no one can deny it, without him we would be
an ordinary team, but this sport is not about only playing good as individual,
and messi has not been a good captain or leader at all, u dont see him caring
in the field, shouting at his player, trying to get there spirits up at all. plus
he has the power to change a lot of thing in the team including the manager
yet he is not doing anything at all, and preferring to just have friends player around
him instead of choosing to have the best players around him, so yes i blame him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I remember very clearly that it was Ronaldinho who actually changed Barcelona forever before Messi even came into the picture. He was so popular that many ppl started following Barca since his arrival to the club.
Then Barca built an amazing team with amazing players and became more competitive in la liga and Europe.
I remember Madrid used to beat us all the time and then Ronaldinho came along and we started giving Madrid a hard time.
That was the same team that won a champion league beating arsenAl in the final.
Barcelona became so popular and then more income started coming in.
Then it was easier to buy more quality players.
And then Pep Guardiola came a long and got rid of the old players who couldn't win anymore.
But then you had puyol, xavi, iniesta, David Alves, etoo, etc.
Messi is good, but I'm afraid we have become so concerned with making HIM happy that we have forgotten what a real team really looks like.
The reason we are where we are today is b.c we are Messi dependent, just like Argentina.
We have become Argentina

The reason why Argentina is doing so bad is: Argentina team is pure shit.

The reason why we are doing bad in the CL is: The board is pure shit - No, we have not become Argentina. We actually do have much better team. Just that the board and as a result the manager are completely incompetent which is resulting in our CL failure

johantenenbaum

The reason why Argentina is doing so bad is: Argentina team is pure shit.

The reason why we are doing bad in the CL is: The board is pure shit - No, we have not become Argentina. We actually do have much better team. Just that the board and as a result the manager are completely incompetent which is resulting in our CL failure

100%

If people trying to find another reason why we failed, we have to remind them who are in charge of the club. Who is our manager.

If Valverde stays next season which apparently he does, I'm not watching any games. I've been watching this team every day, every game in and out since 2004. I even survived watching Rosell destroying the club but not anymore. It's not worth it since they don't care about the club either.

Potroh

What an idiotic move it was by Neymar. By now he would have been our number one player most of the time.

Perhaps it wasn't an idiotic move by him...
Maybe spending almost a month with Valverde, he realized that for his own specific character, Barca will not be a good team anymore.
Had he thought of that, he would be damn right about it.

He plays in a team which plays nice attacking football, with very good players around him, no silly politics just endless money there.
I watch each and every PSG game nowadays, with a few exceptions it's better to watch than Barca - apart from Messi.
Neymar was brilliant yesterday for instance, besides scoring he gave fantastic balls to everyone, and he has just returned from a long injury two weeks ago...

johantenenbaum

Perhaps it wasn't an idiotic move by him...
Maybe spending almost a month with Valverde, he realized that for his own specific character, Barca will not be a good team anymore.
Had he thought of that, he would be damn right about it.

He plays in a team which plays nice attacking football, with very good players around him, no silly politics just endless money there.
I watch each and every PSG game nowadays, with a few exceptions it's better to watch than Barca - apart from Messi.
Neymar was brilliant yesterday for instance, besides scoring he gave fantastic balls to everyone, and he has just returned from a long injury two weeks ago...

Nah, I don't think it was because Valverde. His father and Pele (who hates Leo) has overwhelmingly huge influence on the kid. They decided what he must do. They forced him to do. He still acts like a juvenile. He parties, he travels etc. His father and Pele told him to leave Barca to become an individual star cuz they told him if he stays he'll be just a player next to Leo. Leo was the one who brought Neymar to himself actually when he was playing for us. He relieved the stress he was having all the time. Even Neymar told once that one time he was crying at half time and Leo approached and calmed him.

He regrets leaving cuz no one cares about PSG. And he won't win a UCL there either. Just like we won't win UCL under Valverde.

Home of Barca Fans