10 - Lionel Messi - V6

blaugrana1987

One of Liverpool's players will win it I think. Van Dijk has a great chance. A defender hasn't won it in almost 20 years.

Van Dijk this season deserves it more than Modric did last year so...

Not that I care. It's mostly a meaningless award...
You mean he deserves it more then guy that was by far best Croatian player when country of 4mil got to WC Finals? Plus he won CL, which btw, until he didn't get into rhythm, they didn't even look close to winning. VVD was good, but he didn't play anywhere near Messi in CL. His PL campaign was impressive, but Messi's was, again, better.

Any other player from Liverpool winning award? Lol worthy thats all I'm going to say. It was great team effort that took barely getting through groups, us having a meltodwn (with VVD having average games, and their attack actually saving them) and Tottenham not being able to score from 10 shots they put against Liverpool GK (who was MVP of final).

cris29

Ballon D'or will probably go to him i think. Liverpool players will split the vote amongst people who view one of them to win it. Personally, i feel Matip was their best defender today.

serghei

You mean he deserves it more then guy that was by far best Croatian player when country of 4mil got to WC Finals? Plus he won CL, which btw, until he didn't get into rhythm, they didn't even look close to winning. VVD was good, but he didn't play anywhere near Messi in CL. His PL campaign was impressive, but Messi's was, again, better.

Any other player from Liverpool winning award? Lol worthy thats all I'm going to say. It was great team effort that took barely getting through groups, us having a meltodwn (with VVD having average games, and their attack actually saving them) and Tottenham not being able to score from 10 shots they put against Liverpool GK (who was MVP of final).

Us having a meltdown vs Liverpool is the thing that will reduce Messi's chances to win the Ballon d'Or. Van Dijk has been the leader of Liverpool's defense. The team that beat Messi and Barca 4-0. And then sealed the deal in the final 2-0.

This is what will be remembered in Europe this season. Ballon d'Or when given by France Football is usually given to the best player in the CL or World Cup winning team.

blaugrana1987

Ballon D'or will probably go to him i think. Liverpool players will split the vote amongst people who view one of them to win it. Personally, i feel Matip was their best defender today.
Liverpool winning it was best case of :

A) Team effort (seriously, they almost didn't go past group stages)
B) Great coaching
C) Valverde effect
D) Great individual quality from couple top players (VVD, Matip, Mane, Salah and GK).

Not one of them was anywhere near deserving to win bdor against Messi this year. Not one. Drop VVD from our tie and they still score 3 goals. They conceded 3, could have conceded 3 more. We scored 3, 2 of them Messi + 5 that these retards didn't score (3 at Liverpool, 2 at CN). So, individually, Messi meant 10x more to us then VVD to them.

Us having a meltdown vs Liverpool is the thing that will reduce Messi's chances to win the Ballon d'Or. Van Dijk has been the leader of Liverpool's defense that team that beat Messi and Barca 4-0. And then sealed the deal in the final 2-0.

This is what will be remembered in Europe this season.
You are wrong. Origi will be remembered as guy that put a dagger in us. VVD was a guy in front of their GK who's team conceded 3 goals with 3 of them not going in duo to absolute luck. So no, VVD didn't win them that tie. Valverde is the one that lost us a tie. Nobody even blames Messi, not even RM fans ffs.

FinBarcelonafan

He blew his Bdor this year. It was a easy one.. No one else compared to him, but now OneDijk will get it, because Messi blew two finals. **** sake.

blaugrana1987

He blew his Bdor this year. It was a easy one.. No one else compared to him, but now OneDijk will get it, because Messi blew two finals. **** sake.
What kind of reasoning is that? HE blew it? You mean, guy who scored 2 goals, put 5 more on platter vs the guy who's main job was not to concede (and he conceded 3, could have conceded 3 more). Liverpools team, attack especially, turned that tie around, not VVD (who was avg against us in that tie). Messi was by long long shot our best player...

serghei

very hard watching players inferior to messi win balon dors.

He seems pretty okay with it as long as him and his friends are comfortable under the great leadership of Valverde.

If he cared about the Ballon D'or he wouldn't defend the idiot that made him and Barca a joke in Europe.

mc_lovin

Pretty much. CL is basically what counts in the Ballon d'Or race.

Not CL - CL win. He was mindblowing this year in the champions league as well. Though I coulndt care less for his personal achievements (other than Barcelonas success as a result of it).

blaugrana1987

Pretty much. CL is basically what counts in the Ballon d'Or race.
Didn't count in 2013 when Ronaldo won it ahead of Ribbery without winning single trophy (and Ribbery winning treble and being attacker, best one at Bayern actually). So it can happen, its just that our own fans say "Messi blew 3-0 lead" which means, for Messi to win it he has to - single handedly, carry this team to victory. For VVD? He needs to be captain of team that scored 4 goals after they conceded 3 in first match.

serghei

Not CL - CL win. He was mindblowing this year in the champions league as well. Though I coulndt care less for his personal achievements (other than Barcelonas success as a result of it).

CL win, that's what I meant.

Didn't count in 2013 when Ronaldo won it ahead of Ribbery without winning single trophy (and Ribbery winning treble and being attacker, best one at Bayern actually). So it can happen, its just that our own fans say "Messi blew 3-0 lead" which means, for Messi to win it he has to - single handedly, carry this team to victory. For VVD? He needs to be captain of team that scored 4 goals after they conceded 3 in first match.

Back then the award was given by FIFA and the rules as well as the voting procedure were different I think.

blaugrana1987

He seems pretty okay with it as long as him and his friends are comfortable under the great leadership of Valverde.

If he cared about the Ballon D'or he wouldn't defend the idiot that made him and Barca a joke in Europe.
Thats true. But then again, VVD was a main defender when his team conceded 3 goals. Their attack overturned that score by scoring 4. Messi was main man for Barca when we scored our 3 (and could have scored more, on Messi's assists), but his defense conceded 4 on the other hand.

So its diametrically opposite situation where VVD was saved by Liverpools attack, and Messi was put to sword by Valverde and defense/MF.

serghei

Thats true. But then again, VVD was a main defender when his team conceded 3 goals. Their attack overturned that score by scoring 4. Messi was main man for Barca when we scored our 3 (and could have scored more, on Messi's assists), but his defense conceded 4 on the other hand.

So its diametrically opposite situation where VVD was saved by Liverpools attack, and Messi was put to sword by Valverde and defense/MF.

The Liverpool team did keep a clean sheet both in the reurn leg vs Barcelona as well as in the final. In the final, it was the defense and Alisson that got them the win.

blaugrana1987

The Liverpool team did keep a clean sheet both in the reurn leg vs Barcelona as well as in the final. In the final, it was the defense and Alisson that got them the win.
What you are missing is us having 3 100% chances to put the tie away in Liverpool, with our players bottling it (all 3 balls where from Messi). Put it in perspective, its like saying "Barca team got them clean sheet in CN so it must mean their defense did great job". No, not exactly. Their attackers didn't score at CN, but could have as they had 3-4 clear chances to put us out of our misery. Fact is, VVD was average against us. He was average in groupsm and today, while really good, their best player was Alisson (took most shots without conceding a goal since 2002).

Home of Barca Fans