10 - Lionel Messi - V6

snowy

:lol::lol::lol:

Narrative destroyed.

hehe seeing it from that angle was actually funny!

they're like 2 cute little puppies playing in the park :friends:

I like Medel :)

Messi thought they'd get a yellow while Medel said he didn't even think they'd get carded. C'mon you can't really think that's a RED right.

Afromaticz

Classic Messi, just like when he quit the NT after losing the Copa in 2015. He likes giving something to the media to fight over and keep the light off his failures with his NT. 4 finals losts, he must be losing his mind.

Brazil were vastly superior to argentina, a penalty wouldnt have changed that. Conmebol will have another Copa again next year, (4th in 5 years) only reason being for Messi to win something with his NT.

This.. Exactly what i said! Conmebol kept giving him chances to win it and he failed yet again. His remarks regarding Brazil were absolutely disrespectful.

Tackle

What narrative?
If this was a red card, almost every game would end up with at least one red card.

Maybe not a blatant red, but can't blame the ref for giving it either. I've seen reds handed out routinely for less. Double reds for physical roughing after the ball is out of play usually comes without much controversy in most cases.

If Ramos blatantly elbowed Messi's arm and then initiated a shoulder barge and didn't see red everyone on here would be crying conspiracy again, but for the opposite reason.

Humans are such emotional, biased creatures and the last few pages of this thread prove exactly that.

No one is beyond reproach and this is the result that occurs when you build mere mortals to be these infallible gods. Nothing is ever Messi's fault, he is responsible for nothing and should never be blamed for anything according his insufferable fanboys.

Afromaticz

Maybe not a blatant red, but can't blame the ref for giving it either. I've seen reds handed out routinely for less. Double reds for physical roughing after the ball is out of play usually comes without much controversy in most cases.

If Ramos blatantly elbowed Messi's arm and then initiated a shoulder barge and didn't see red everyone on here would be crying conspiracy again, but for the opposite reason.

Humans are such emotional, biased creatures and the last few pages of this thread prove exactly that.

No one is beyond reproach and this is the result that occurs when you build mere mortals to be these infallible gods. Nothing is ever Messi's fault, he is responsible for nothing and should never be blamed for anything according his insufferable fanboys.

The guy is a God to some of these people

Givenchy

yellow card for both of them would be normal procedure. ref probably wanted to make a name for himself sending Messi off

from that other angle, both players were to blame. i've seen Messi do things like this throughout his career, iirc there was one vs Shakhtar's Darijo Srna and vs Inter's Maicon

ebc_99

Plenty of things are Messi's fault but this isn't one of them, he did nothing wrong.

yellow card for both of them would be normal procedure. ref probably wanted to make a name for himself sending Messi off

from that other angle, both players were to blame. i've seen Messi do things like this throughout his career, iirc there was one vs Shakhtar's Darijo Srna and vs Inter's Maicon

Every player does it throughout their career, It's a contact sport, this kind of stuff happens in every game and every player does it, most don't get a yellow never mind a red and that is the issue here. They are men, they can handle it, the referee should have just moved on with the game.

michelco

Your judgement is clouded. Had you actually bothered to watch the games with a settled line up the whole team were playing better and better and the performance against Brazil and then against Chile where they dominated proceedings with crisp fast passing and movment off the ball you would realize the stupidity of your statement.

Just file yours under those with countless Ronaldo fan boys and Messi haters who know next to nothing about football. All with the IQ of a gnat.

watch it with the insults. this is a discussion forum and you should keep it respectful. i completely disagree about the quality of this argentina team (barring some players, obviously messi). Brazil were better imo.

edit: with regards to my IQ, my PhD in control system theory from a top 10 technical university in the world clearly begs to differ.

Last edited:

serghei

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], those are exceptions that probably count for 0.01% of the total times a big team is favored. Big teams are more favored because they attack more than the small teams. That is the main reason. It doesn't mean that there aren't cases when corruption is involved.

However, those are rare, and you need actual proof to support claims like that publicly. Messi was simply frustrated and was purely talking out of his arse. It was a vent out of frustration, after another crap Copa for them.

Last edited:

serghei

What exactly is wrong with someone speaking the truth ?

Lol, just because somebody says this Copa America is fixed for Brazil to win it, doesn't mean it is true. Crazy bad logic.

So, he was not speaking the truth. He made serious accusations about which he has no evidence whatsoever. Not much different than the idiots that called us Uefalona back when we were humiliating everybody.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Some serious fanboying on here. Messi was right because they didn't get 2 penalties against Brazil? Both of those penalties were penalties but they were off the ball and they don't always get reviewed. Nonetheless, instances like these happen all the time in football. If he had said something like the refs suck ass etc in Copa then it would have made sense but saying they favor Brazil and are corrupt is a very serious accusation as if that was why they lost to them when they were horrible all match and have been all tournament. As serghei said this is very similar to saying UEFA was in our pocket when Chelsea thing happened.

Home of Barca Fans