11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How is saying something like that about your own player something professional?

That's basically the first rule regarding professionalism as a captain or coach; Don't throw your own player under the bus publicly

I'm not saying Lucho should agree to what Neymar did, but that he should have told him so himself, personally, face to face and NOT to the media publicly.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Anyway: Neymar: "Row at the end? I just did a normal dribble. I've always done it. It's their porblem, I won't change my style." #fcblive

ceefoo

Of course it was showboating. The game was already won, and it was minutes from the final whistle.
There was still 5 minutes left to play + stoppage time. More than enough time to score two goals, although very unlikely and it didn't happen of course.

To me 'showboating' is basically taking-the-piss out of an opponent. I suppose some (including yourself) consider it was, but imo it wasn't. If Neymar managed to get on the end of his flick, he could have been inside the penalty box, with a good scoring opportunity for the team, thus putting the game to bed once-and-for-all with a 4 - 1 lead.

I don't want to see football robots. I want my teams footballers to express themselves and entertain, but still maintain the boundaries of dignity and respect, which imho Neymar didn't cross.

DonAK

The funny thing about all this talk about professionals, professionalism, douchebaggery is that our own coach made a very unprofessional and borderline douchey comment about his own player to the media, fueling all sorts of rumours by the press which can cause disharmony in the dressing room ahead of a very important Champions League Final.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The funny thing about all this talk about professionals, professionalism, douchebaggery is that our own coach made a very unprofessional and borderline douchey comment about his own player to the media, fueling all sorts of rumours by the press which can cause disharmony in the dressing room ahead of a very important Champions League Final.

I don't know. Lucho always seemed...odd...with the press. As long as they clear it up between themselves, it'll be fine.

DonAK

I don't know. Lucho always seemed...odd...with the press. As long as they clear it up between themselves, it'll be fine.

Lucho is not really the media's best friend and can come off as awkward sometimes and has always been outspoken, but there's some things you never say to the press.

ceefoo

If our management team want to coach the flair out of Neymar, then they shouldn't have signed him. They knew what they were getting from the start. :angry:

... and poor choice of words from Lucho. Disappointed to hear him say that. :thumbdown:

Morten

It wasnt the skill itself, but it was the dive that caused the reaction. Yeah, i call it a dive, even if there was slight contact

NotInHere

Some players don't like being embarassed, that's it, they have pride too you know, what Neymar did there a lot of defenders or players take as offensive, so their reaction is not surprising at all, they took it as mocking and they have every right to react the way they did.

Neymar has every right to do those things though, you can't strip a player from the things they like doing on the pitch. Both sides are justfiable.

NotInHere

Disappointing from Lucho especially since he played with Ronaldinho when he was pulling shit in 2003
Honestly Lucho is full of himself, many of you have pointed out how he acts during press conferences, like if he owns the world and our achievements are 100% thanks to him.

khaled_a_d

ًWhat he said was professional IMO ,he didn't accuse Neymar of anything .he said it is normal in Brazil and basically indicating that he isn't used to some difference in football culture between there and here .

I don't see what is wrong with what he said .And actually I agree to the fullest . this trick looked like mocking the opposition and that will never be taken lightly on the highest level .
players own each other respect even during the biggest wins/defeats and it did seem that most people on the pitch like Bilbao players & coach ,our coach Pique with even some of our players reaction on pitch it looked like all of them got it as a sign of disrespect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans