11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabeef

Doing a legal football move should never be considered unprofessional conduct. It's Spain that needs to change, not Neymar.

Golden!

What is happening there these days, Maradona, Rivaldo, Dinho would do these moves back in the day and no problem..

A player has every right to use any skill on the pitch as long as its fair (no cheating), thats my opinion.. its like there is a code of Football ethics that some La Liga players have secretly agreed on these days...

Hate to overuse an overused quote but its more than perfect "Don't hate da playa, hate da game"

The way they reacted made me enjoy that move in the replay 1000x more lol ATTA BOY NEYGOAT! ! !

Morten

Contact in football isn't illegal. Using your arms and using your arms to impede progress is illegal. That was a foul regardless of Neymar falling softly.

Surely was no foul in my opinion, but whatever. Anyway, there is no doubt that Neymars blatant overreaction is what caused the scene.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Surely was no foul in my opinion, but whatever. Anyway, there is no doubt that Neymars blatant overreaction is what caused the scene.

I just have a low tolerance for using arms to impede progress. It's not a football move and it's rampant in football and doesn't get punished enough. Messi today was being held constantly and it was largely left unpunished or lightly punished. It's a pet peeve of mine.

footyfan

Calma, calma
As I said at least 5 times already, I personally disagree with the sentiment that players shouldn't do this. We can agree on what should and shouldn't be considered unprofessional conduct. But what is or isn't at the moment is a different thing, obviously. And ultimately, until things change, that's what matters. I do agree that it's not Neymar who needs to change. But he alone won't change Spain, and in the meantime he'll only bring harm to himself and the club.

I only quoted you to give my opinion about Lucho's and Bilbao's attitude right now. I know you don't agree with them :)

I just have a low tolerance for using arms to impede progress. It's not a football move and it's rampant in football and doesn't get punished enough. Messi today was being held constantly and it was largely left unpunished or lightly punished. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Well, if Messi didn't get mad because of that he wouldn't have scored the first goal :D

K

KoolsMagic

Surely you should learn some more about football, but whatever. Anyway, no doubt what he did was really entertaining!
Just ridiculous and stupid from Lucho to take Bilbao's side before an UCL Finals.

NotInHere

Yeah athletic players went a little bit overboard by their complaining, but it still doesn't change the fact that what Neymar did is not taken lightly by opponents when a play like that is done to them.

But the complaining from them was unecessary. They made it seem like Neymar spit on them or something

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's not so much about the legality of the move though. If a player were to start blatantly time wasting, making cocky gestures, or juggled the ball idly in the middle of the game it wouldn't be taken well by players/fans even if it's legal. The principle here is the same, only what Neymar did is less extreme and the Athletic players did overreact. I'm just saying that I understand why it isn't taken well, especially when the situation is tense and players are frustrated/combative.

And let's not play dumb when it comes to Neymar, he isn't some angelic little victim. He is a known wind-up merchant with the gestures he makes, his history of diving, and general demeanor. Barca fans get angry when guys like Muller/Ronaldo show arrogant attitudes, Nerman can be guilty of the same. Just look at this:

Is it really hard to understand why opposition fans don't always like the things he does?? He shouldn't be discouraged from using his flair or doing skill moves. Doing skills like these (rainbows or the standing over the ball crap he does) aren't necessary at all but if he wants to do them, of course he should still be able to. He should just know that it won't always be taken well by players/fans and that it could start conflicts. What happened today was definitely an overreaction though.

ceefoo

As a fan, what would outrage you more?

THIS...
[vine]https://vine.co/v/ehaXFhux2W6[/vine]
or THIS...
3Ya8l.gif

Get a grip people!?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It sucks how this thread always end up being about something else than how Neymar has played.

Diogo28

A dribble can never be condemned, i dont care how the defender fells or thinks. Im certain that tjhe first goal was very offensive, i mean, 3 vs 1 and the guy numtegs one of them? Offensive indeed.

Kohe321

Watching it again just strengthens my view that their reaction is absolutely absurd. Indefensible even.

Even if it's the 94'th minute of a 6-0 victory and Neymar is alone on the left flank, go ahead and do a nutmeg or rainbow. If they can't handle it that's their problem, there's ways to defend it just like any other move. A player must be allowed to show flair without fear of being attacked for it. This is a sport, it's a part of the game - violence is not.

Kohe321

And to think Lucho defended it. :shakeshead:

If there is one guy who is to apologize, it's Mikel San José and the rest of the Athletic thugs and not Neymar. Oh buhu he did a trick-drible on us, now we can justifiably attack him for it. What?

Last edited:

Jadentheman

What can I say Neymar is quite the headliner.

I will say this I adore his play style and it's partly one of the reasons why Barca bought him..to do what Ronaldinho did essentially so why is everywhere get mad when this is what I expected from him and what you guys should have expected from him since Day 1.

I guess Lucho and Pique forgot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans