11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeafire

They were talking about Neymar on the English radio yesterday and they were saying that Neymar will be better than Messi and Ronaldo ever were in a few years.

[MENTION=19806]StarLord[/MENTION] keep on backpedalling, you've said that it was stupid to even compare the two players, not just today but, err.. years ago as well. There's very little sarcasm in the post you quoted too. It's hilarious that you feel bullied when you're the one looking, as always, to elevate your little self at the detriment of others, in this case anyone who'd have the nerve to rate hazard as close enough to neymar in recent years, which is a completely plausible claim, far more so than the idea that Cesc got anywhere close to Xaviesta, rofl. If you had your way and the freedom to do so, you'd be a complete douchebag to anyone who doesn't share your grandiloquent views. Even with the heat you're under you keep pushing it. Stop being so intolerant and obtuse and i'll stop picking on you. Anyway, it's not like you're didn't already know all this.

Asylum15

While it's easy to point out his positives,

I still hate how childish/ungrounded he gets when things don't go his way.

Noticed in the Peru game once he wasn't getting decisions etc, he started doing more brainless dribbling, losing the ball in key areas.

This is where he needs to learn from Leo IMO.

Also, he will never get close to Leo's level, I'm sorry.

ceefoo

[MENTION=9569]TornAndFrayed[/MENTION] [MENTION=19806]StarLord[/MENTION]

Eden Hazard Individual Awards:

FRANCE
- UNFP Young Player of the Year : 2008/09, 2009/10
- Bravo Award : 2011
- UNFP Player of the Year : 2010/11, 2011/12

ENGLAND
- PFA Young Player of the Year : 2013/14
- PFA Players' Player of the Year : 2014/15
- FWA Footballer of the Year : 2014/15

Cesc Fabregas Individual Awards:

- FIFA U17 World Championship Golden Ball : 2003
- FIFA U17 World Championship Golden Shoe : 2003
- UEFA U17 Championship Golden Player : 2004
- Bravo Award : 2006
- Golden Boy : 2006
- PFA Young Player of the Year : 2007/08

StarLord

[MENTION=19806]StarLord[/MENTION] keep on backpedalling, you've said that it was stupid to even compare the two players, not just today but, err.. years ago as well. There's very little sarcasm in the post you quoted too. It's hilarious that you feel bullied when you're the one looking, as always, to elevate your little self at the detriment of others, in this case anyone who'd have the nerve to rate hazard as close enough to neymar in recent years, which is a completely plausible claim, far more so than the idea that Cesc got anywhere close to Xaviesta, rofl. If you had your way and the freedom to do so, you'd be a complete douchebag to anyone who doesn't share your grandiloquent views. Even with the heat you're under you keep pushing it. Stop being so intolerant and obtuse and i'll stop picking on you. Anyway, it's not like you're didn't already know all this.

It is stupid to compare the two players (in the manner in which it was done by so many)

Time will prove me right yet again. I don't mind you picking on me, in fact I relish it, but I was merely pointing out the fact that you choose to push issues on which you know some serious back-up is assured. Hence why you brought up the Cesc issue from 4 years ago.

As for Neymar vs Hazard/Goetze.

Let me reiterate, Neymar is way better than both, and there never was any serious debate. This will come more and more apparent as time goes by. People who claimed that either of Hazard or Goetze were better than Neymar were wildly wrong to the point of stupidity. People who compared them, maybe were not so preposterous , but were still stretching the limits of reason.

Take it or leave it for now, but let's wait and see how this "comparison" unfolds in subsequent years.

BerkeleyBernie

And this is why people call you out, creating fake narratives...because as you see they were actually being marked, and not completely alone as the screen shots you purposely picked . And once already in the process of doing the trick the players trailing go towards him instead.

1z18mye.jpg

dcrp8y.jpg

Trying to make it seem like it just a open field of just unmarked men. smh.

Well, they were "being marked" in the sense that there are 11 Peruvian players on the same pitch as the Brazilians. Not in the sense that they were in any position to intercept a pass or close down any ball played to the center.

Your shot is prior to when Neymar turns to face the center of the field. His first option are the two players on either side of the ref (my first shot, your shot above), but then there are two more players who come up the pitch after those (my second shot) who watch Neymar as he starts his tricks, who have space in front of them at that point (apparently having blown past the Peruvians). Peru is certainly running back to their own goal, but they are not man-marking, nor are they cutting passing angles, except possibly Marcelo and back passes- exactly the worse possible space Neymar chooses with the sombrero.

I am certainly not saying passing the ball would have resulted in a shot on goal, as Peru was retreating. But there is no doubt the Brazilians in the center of the pitch had more options and time than Neymar. In your photo, there are 8 outfield Peruvians on the left side of the field, which means there are no more than 2 Peruvians covering the entire right side of the pitch. Get it to a man in the center facing the goal, and exploit the space on the right (where a Brazilian is probably bombing forward).

footyfan

Calma, calma
Neymar is already better than Suarez. Stop being so Barca-centric, Neymar is restricted a lot more in Barca than Suarez is. Look at his consistently awesome games for Brazil to see his true level.

Cry me a river. We paid the guy 100 million. He better be good and grateful to play in Barca.

You didn't pay him 100 million. Just be thankful he picked Barca and not Madrid. No Neymar, no treble.

Frankly, I don't care how he plays with Brasil, as I've no interest in the current team. I just want his decision-making to improve with Barcelona. I've no problem with tricks, as long as they are a better alternative to other options.

Winning and being effective are not the only two things in football. I'd rather see a "crowd-pleaser" than yet another sideways pass that in the grand scheme of things probably would have made zero difference.

Last edited:

Neymessi

I saw some big sites like dailymail etc claiming that he is as good as messi and ronaldo.He is currently not but it has started to come up at places.First big sign in his journey for being the best player.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I saw some big sites like dailymail etc claiming that he is as good as messi and ronaldo.He is currently not but it has started to come up at places.First big sign in his journey for being the best player.

He might be as good as CR if not for lacking a bit in headers, other than that he's better in everything I think.

Better than Messi though is a whole other story, won't get into that but let's just say I disagree, neither Neymar or any actual player will ever be as good as Messi, may be a future player.

PS : dailymail is not a big site ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans