11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

I feel like a confused 'Daniel Son' from Karate Kid after reading that..

He meant to say that water is an essential part of life but far from the only factor.

Or, to put it like Miyagi: Watah be impotant paht, but otah pahts also play big rohl.

giphy.gif

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Neymar had a great season for us and was essential for us in winning the treble. I think some people are forgetting that he is just 23 years old and can only become better. His clinical finishing along with his deadly runs behind the defensive line of the opposition , really relieved Messi from the responsibiity of him always scoring the goals. This whole season he was important and all in all showed up in the big games. Neymar scored the opener 17 times , out of those 17 times , Bayern , Real sociedad , Villareal , Espanyol , Psg twice , Atletico twice were one of them and thats without the goals he was involved in like the opener against Juventus in the Cl final. I think the people who still think he is not good enough , doesnt excel in the art of backpassing will never like him no matter what he does.

mark1nhu

No Bravo, no treble.
No Raktitic, no treble.
No Mathieu, no treble.
No Mascherano, no treble.
No Pique, no treble.
No Busi, no treble.
No Iniesta, no treble.
No Xavi, no treble.
No Suarez, no treble.
No Alves, no treble.
No Alba, no treble.
No Enrique, no treble.
No Messi's chef, no treble.

Dear God, this is turning into Neyfundamentalism.

Actually the Neyphobia started it all.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Suarez is more evolved player and that shows. Suarez was more essential to the style but I think both are at the same level right now. Next season we will see if neymar can do one up. But Suarez might also do one up considering he is well settled now. It is all good for us :D

BerkeleyBernie

But saying that Neymar is dispendable and wasn't essentiel in our trophies is indeed ridiculous, there's literally no other player in the world we could replace Neymar with and have the same result/impact for Barça

Hazard, for one, I feel would have been a much better fit with Barça from day 1. Of course, comparing Neymar to any player other than his teammates who have started the same position with the full first team is hypothetical; the only actual facts we have is how Neymar performed with Barça. One can just as validly speculate how a player could do better than Neymar as how they could do worse. Nor can one compare any other season with Messi playing the false 9 (especially post-Guardiola) to this formation with Suarez center and Messi right, and a midfield instructed to give the forwards the ball as much as possible.

Icarium

Lifestealer
How can hazard be a better fit for barca? As long as we have messi neymar is the best fit. You are just spouting bs now.

reDIOS10

How can hazard be a better fit for barca? As long as we have messi neymar is the best fit. You are just spouting bs now.

I know right, it doesn't make any sense. I can't imagine Hazard scoring all those crucial goals against Atletico, Bayern, Juventus, and PSG. It just will not happen. Barca fans hating at their own players:banghead:

BerkeleyBernie

I know right, it doesn't make any sense. I can't imagine Hazard scoring all those crucial goals against Atletico, Bayern, Juventus, and PSG. It just will not happen. Barca fans hating at their own players:banghead:

You guys are missing the point. You don't simply substitute a player and visualize if they could score the exact same goals or not. The hypothesis is how the entire *team* would perform with a different player. Hazard is a much more technical tight space dribbler and passer than Neymar, and has better judgement. Perhaps he shoots/scores less, but gets the ball to Suarez and Messi more. He certainly can drag defenders as well or better than Neymar. Ultimately, one can't know, but Hazard's skill set is clearly closer to the Barça style than that of the Brazilian. You can speculate as to whether that's a positive or a negative- it's my opinion it's a positive.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
"Closer to Barca style"... Neymar is closer to Barca style than anybody outside the team because he functions in the actual Barca team.
Your favorite style is not the equivalent to Barca style.

Icarium

Lifestealer
What are you even talking about? Just because he fits your definition of typical barca player he is a better fit for barca? If you see what hazard does for Chelsea most of the stuff is done by messi. Messi leads the team and creates the chances, what he needs is a guy who can get into good positions and score the chances he creates. Barca style is more similar to Brazilian style than you think. And we don't have a problem of getting the ball to messi anymore. What does hazard does so much better than neymar anyway? Neymar can dribble too, he creates chances and links up well with messi. And next season he will do that with Suarez too. Above all he can finish. Neymar gets more fouls too, he gets under the skin of defenders forcing them to commit mistakes.

Barcalove

Banned
Oh my god, Hazard, the overrated epl ultimate big match flopper player .. This is embarrassing ..

This will be the best player in the world undisputed when Messi retires
neymarquicks.gif

alexis.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans