11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

Neymar not essential to the treble? On the top of my head, the two games against Bayern where he scored 3 (yes we would not have progressed if he had missed those), or the cork opening header against Real Sociedad towards the end of the season in the league, his stellar performance in the games against Atletico, his role in finding Iniesta for the first goal in the final, or his goal that sealed it when there was the danger of an equalizer...

I could go on, I mean with 46 goals and assists it says itself that there has been numerous moments of importance during a season. Spectacular numbers for a 23 year old only in his second season of European football, I can't understand why some can't appreciate him.

This whole discussion:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

dakt

Somehow every appreciation post for Neymar's great season for us turns into fanboyism for the likes of [MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION]

"No Neymar, no treble" is far from appreciation. It's glorification and fanaticism. In such state, no criticism of any kind is acceptable.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
"No Neymar, no treble" is far from appreciation. It's glorification and fanaticism. In such state, no criticism of any kind is acceptable.

No it's not, because "No Neymar, no trebble" is a valid statement, just as "No Suarez, no trebble" is valid too, or no Mats, etc .. it's a statement that can be applied to anyone and is conditional, while "Neymar wasn't essential, Messi and Suarez were" is NOT true in any world.

Ekul

But it's largely true. As much as the rest of the team did so well, MSN were the difference. So the same can be said for Suarez, and (of course) Messi.

F

Flavia

It's not glorification, nor fanatism. It's the truth. he was one of the essencial players for the treble. Take out any of MSN and the trident is gone, and they were the most responsible for the treble, alongside Pique and Busquets. All players were important, surely, but without Neymar the team dynamic would be different, and someone else would had to score the many crucial goals he scored.

You criticized people showing appreciation for him, as if he was a bum or something. I don't understand hating one of your own players, really don't.

fcbdna

Banned
I am not going to downplay Neymar's importance or contribution to the teams success last term. It was phenomenal. But in terms of who was more crucial to Barca's 'Treble' : Neymar or Suarez; I'd just go with Suarez, on the basis that he is the best Centre-Forward in the world and without him, Messi would not have played in the manner that he did last season with such devastating effect.

House_Facepalm-(n1291818857196).jpg

dakt

But it's largely true. As much as the rest of the team did so well, MSN were the difference. So the same can be said for Suarez, and (of course) Messi.

The only valid statement is "no Barca, no treble". Saying "No XYZ, no shit" implies that XYZ alone is credible for shit.
MSN deserves as much as credit as our defense....ask RM supporters, they should know that.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Oh so now it's also a grammar contest ! This thread is really something else :lol:

Now the real question is, could Neymar score on a cold rainy night in Stoke ?

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Is it so ridiculous to say that Suarez, who had 46 G+A (just like neymar), with 600 minutes less (circa 3500 against 4100) in his first season in Spain returning from a football ban, had an even better season than Neymar ?

Suarez's goals were amazing, but some of his assists were ridiculous. Look at nos. 8, 9, 11, 17 and 18 on the linked video. These should never be considered assists. Anyway, G+A is not the only indicator of quality and their play in Barca is also not the only indicator of quality. They are both pretty close and certainly Suarez was more important tactically for Barca last season, but for me it's clear that individually Neymar is the better player.

The only valid statement is "no Barca, no treble". Saying "No XYZ, no shit" implies that XYZ alone is credible for shit.
MSN deserves as much as credit as our defense....ask RM supporters, they should know that.

lmao so "No Messi, no treble" is an invalid statement. k dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans