11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darko

Messi aged 28 returns a week early and in best shape.
Neymar aged 23 parties in Vegas entire holidays and returns like that. So yeah, it's sooner Ronaldinho and peak at 26 than Messi scenario.

No chance in hell he'll be maintaining this level for long.

Talk about overreacting...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nothing so far suggested he'll peak early. Infact we don't even know if Messi has peaked yet or not.

You could say his career will finish early if he starts going Ronaldinho's way, but he hasn't done so really, not so far atleast.

Well this season will likely be the decider of whether he'll have a normal football career or a Ronnie type one, Ronaldinho stopped caring everytime he won something big, PSG plays great first two seasons....wins world cup, Barca plays great first two seasons.....wins CL and says fuck it. We just won the treble so if Neymar keeps his professionalism this season I think he'll have a normal career.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Neymar has it easier to maintain as Lucho is a stark contrast to Rijkaard's lenient ways.
Evenmore so as he has a example to look up to in Messi whereas Ronaldinho was no1 in the world.

We'll see how it pans out. For the sake of Barca I hope Neymar doesn't go Ronaldinho's way.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I think Neymar has it easier to maintain as Lucho is a stark contrast to Rijkaard's lenient ways.
Evenmore so as he has a example to look up to in Messi whereas Ronaldinho was no1 in the world.

We'll see how it pans out. For the sake of Barca I hope Neymar doesn't go Ronaldinho's way.

I believe that he won't, he has Ronnie's example for him to see his future if he goes that way, and I don't think his father will let him kill the money machine either.

Also, spending his holidays in Vegas or Ibiza doesn't suggest any of this, he has to loose the belly but that shouldn't be an issue, and we were a lot softer on Suarez when he got fat.

I for one can't wait to see how he'll do this season, and the trio overall, 2014-2015 was only phase "let's get to know each other", now let's move to "let's tear every team a new one" haha.

anguy

I thing he's pretty pissed off how things went for him&Brazil at Copa. In fact I think he'll work even harder this season to compensate.

frog-fcb

You don't need that when you have millions of €, I believe the spanish citizenship starts with a 600 000€ real estate investment in Spain, though it takes much longer.. but i'm not really surprized, rich people getting citizenship has only positives for countries, they don't take advantage of free school/hospitals/etc and pay tons of taxes so why not :)

Going by football manager it only takes 2 years i think for south american players to be entitled to a spanish passport

Darko

Overreacting what. I've maintained before that he'll peak early and stand by it.

The partying and getting "fat" (if he really did get fat he would have a chubby face, he looks completely normal, maybe a few pounds extra that he will lose in a week or two).
And about peaking early, yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion man.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Brasilian attackers in recent history have largely peaked early, for a variety of reasons...I think it's a valid concern that Neymar's partying ways would feed into that

I love Neymar but I do wonder what sort of professional he is and whether he will enjoy a long career

F

Flavia

Brasilian attackers in recent history have largely peaked early, for a variety of reasons...I think it's a valid concern that Neymar's partying ways would feed into that

I love Neymar but I do wonder what sort of professional he is and whether he will enjoy a long career

I haven't seen anything to indicate he would follow dinho's path. Doing that on holidays is different from doing on an everyday basis.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Perhaps Ronnie's rapid descent will serve as a cautionary tale...Helps having two hard working professionals as close friends in Dani & Leo

Neymar is a brand with few peers however & that is a pressure/distraction that will hinder rather than help his playing career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans