11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wow. Can't believe this is happening to me again. My hockey team, the Anaheim Ducks had a period last season where several of their players had the mumps. Now it's happening to my football team on the other side of the world. What are the odds. I hope other players aren't infected like the Ducks were.

This is indeed the most worrisome part, getting our players infected and dropping like flies.

barcanuck

Fuck I bet he got the mumps in Vegas. It was an epidemic in the nhl last year. This could be really bad if others start getting it. No msn until September I guess fml

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Now I regret all those player hugs after the Gamper's goals :lol:

I'd like to think like everyone else that "it's a good chance for Pedro to step it up and show what he's worth" but .. wasn't he already trying to do that everytime he played last season and in pre-season? I doubt there will be a radical jump in his quality.

What really sucks is that Alba and Neymar are the 2 players that best handle those deadly long balls from Messi, so we'll have to do without that :(

raki

This is indeed the most worrisome part, getting our players infected and dropping like flies.

Mumps is spread from person to person through contact with respiratory secretions, such as saliva from an infected person.[7] When an infected person coughs or sneezes, the droplets aerosolize and can enter the eyes, nose, or mouth of another person. Mumps can also be spread by sharing food and drinks. The virus can also survive on surfaces and then be spread after contact in a similar manner. A person infected with mumps is contagious from approximately 7 days before the onset of symptoms until about 8 days after symptoms start.[10] The incubation period (time until symptoms begin) can be from 12–25 days, but is typically 16–18 days.[10] 20-40% of persons infected with the mumps virus do not show symptoms, so it is possible to be infected and spread the virus without knowing it.[

Co0ter

And none of those complaints were unjustified. You make it seem like those assumptions were based on nothing. There was nothing to suggest that either Rakitić or Enrique would be as good as they turned out to be. No one had a way of knowing exactly how any of them would work at Barca, so in absence of proof, you turn to previous facts - which are that Enrique was a second tier coach and that Rakitić was by no means a super high-profile midfielder. We are lucky that it worked out as well as it did. But at that point, nobody, not even the ones responsible for their signings, could know what would happen exactly. And in case you forgot, 2 out of 3 of our defensive signings spent the entire season injured and on the bench, respectively, so yeah, it was fair to say then that our defensive signings sucked, and apart from Mathieu, it is still fair to say they sucked. Hamzah does have a point. And it's not negativity, it's being realistic.

Of course no one could tell the signings would work out as well as they did, but that's just stating the obvious. People just seem to lose faith in the team rather easily. One thing happens and it's doom and gloom. I can't even count how many times I saw "oh that's it, the season is ruined" or "we blew the league." etc last season- some people were saying that after a loss or tie when we were still actually in first place in the league....

We might not do as well this season but that's only because we set the bar as high as it possibly can be. We still have quite a few new players from last season and hungry, energetic players like Arda and Vidal are only going to help keep the momentum going. Also, look at Suarez. It was only preseason and he was already playing every game like it was his last. There may be more injuries this season....but then again maybe there wont be? either way once again we set the bar really high last season....the only thing I truly agree with is that it will be difficult to repeat, but once again that's obvious.

I have complete faith in our players and I have every reason to believe that if any team can finally win two CLs in a row, it's this Barca team. We aren't like under Pep where we only had one way of playing. We can play out from the back, keep possession or counter attack like the best of them. We have a very, very strong team. Have a little faith, our players have earned it.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Of course no one could tell the signings would work out as well as they did, but that's just stating the obvious. People just seem to lose faith in the team rather easily. One thing happens and it's doom and gloom. I can't even count how many times I saw "oh that's it, the season is ruined" or "we blew the league." etc last season- some people were saying that after a loss or tie when we were still actually in first place in the league....

We might not do as well this season but that's only because we set the bar as high as it possibly can be. We still have quite a few new players from last season and hungry, energetic players like Arda and Vidal are only going to help keep the momentum going. Also, look at Suarez. It was only preseason and he was already playing every game like it was his last. There may be more injuries this season....but then again maybe there wont be? either way once again we set the bar really high last season....the only thing I truly agree with is that it will be difficult to repeat, but once again that's obvious.

I have complete faith in our players and I have every reason to believe that if any team can finally win two CLs in a row, it's this Barca team. We aren't like under Pep where we only had one way of playing. We can play out from the back, keep possession or counter attack like the best of them. We have a very, very strong team. Have a little faith, our players have earned it.

No one can defend the champions league, Winning that trophy two seasons in a row is an insurmountable task. I would like to believe that Barca can do it but there are little things. The players won't have the same hunger to win it this season as they did last season. That alone may cause us to fall at the final hurdle, we are finally back at the pinnacle of world football but even during the guardiola era we never defended our european crown. Even though our results are better I still don't think this barca is better or even as good as pep's barca

dakt

No one can defend the champions league, Winning that trophy two seasons in a row is an insurmountable task. I would like to believe that Barca can do it but there are little things. The players won't have the same hunger to win it this season as they did last season. That alone may cause us to fall at the final hurdle, we are finally back at the pinnacle of world football but even during the guardiola era we never defended our european crown. Even though our results are better I still don't think this barca is better or even as good as pep's barca

Yeah, motivation can be a huge problem this season, but we'll sure get it from Arda and Vidal. Thier enthusiasm might restart the whole team as well. MSN just have to be playful, enjoy each other. Rakitic is a work horse, I don't think his motivation is ever a problem. Masche is of the same kind. Rafinha is always trying to prove himself. Maybe only Iniesta and Pique might stuck on this whole motivation story. I mean, who knows...we might do it in 3rd gear with a bit of luck. One thing for sure, it's a big task for Lucho. Personally I don't expect that we'll repeat the last season, but I want to see some good football and at least a trophy.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Why ? It might not be as beautiful or as dominant, but it is undeniably more effective and resourful, our win rate this past season was second to none and we overcome all type of opponents (open, ultra defensive, counter-attacking style..).

We will clearly be first favourites to win it this season, doesn't guarantee anything of course, but we have our chances.. it won't be the first time Barça makes history with something no one else has achieved before :)

ebc_99

Pep ruined the dynamic of the team after his treble by getting rid of Eto'o and bringing in Ibrahimovic and not signing a top centre back. He then ruined the midfield by bringing in Cesc in 2011. Lucho has been smart enough not to mess with the things that brought us success and instead has looked at improving our weak points from last season.

Most of the recent winners changed things too much, Real got rid of Di Maria and Alonso, Bayern got a new coach so did Inter. When Utd won it they dropped Tevez for Berbatov instead of getting a midfielder.

I think we have the best chance of winning it back to back of any recent champion.

silvia

i dont think lucho's signing was successful anymore to degrade pep. it is simply MSN. MSN is considered one of the top attack trident of all history. in Pep's era the power was more in the midfield. but lucho's rotation was successful because it was almost full squad in champions league when all other teams had injuries in important positions.

and we also need to change much of midfielder pattern by January variously because other teams will easily read pattern and find way to beat it.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Last season we didn't have Suarez at the start of the season, this season we won't have Neymar. Only difference is that there is more important games right now and Ney will be back sooner. Hopefully we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans