11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLord

I'd trade Neymar for Verratti + Marquinhos. Said that few months ago and I'm sticking by it.
We'd solve our most pressing problems (RB and CM) for a decade.

What makes you so sure that Marquinhos and Verratti are really THAT good? Aren't there any other CMs or RBs out there that would cost far less and be of similar quality? Moreover, Neymar is almost as young as those players (and far more talented and decisive) it would make little to no sense for us. I am not even taking marketability into account.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I'd trade Neymar for Verratti + Marquinhos. Said that few months ago and I'm sticking by it.
We'd solve our most pressing problems (RB and CM) for a decade.

But we'd lose the best young player in the world and make our front line up insanely less potent, the difference between two and three world class attackers is massive

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
We'd be losing tons of money, with where the market is headed, and his age, Neymar will easily be worth 150-200M in 2 or 3years if he keeps progressing like he has.

Though, ofc, I'd like us to get Verratti as much as the next culé.

It doesn't matter how much could neymar worth when he's 26-27years old(if he becomes ballon winner quality and that's an IF) since we are not a club that sells players, not now at least.

Dexter

A user asked what Ney has to do, to become a legend?
I replied, and you:

You people need to take less personal these opinions from other users about Ney or anything else.

A guy asked EXACTLY this:

I replied when he will be a legend for me.

About legends, if you consider as a legend any Barca player who played well during Seasons and contributed in something, then we probably have 1000-2000 legends over our history.

I had a feeling that the question is about being a legend like Etoo, Xavi, Puyol, Valdes, Koeman etc.

So, if we will win it, of course that MSN and similar guys will be our key players, and the biggest heroes/legends.
Douglas and Montoya will be a part of the squad, but I wouldn't exactly call them legends.

I mean, it seems that we need to explain every single word in our posts, in order to not get confused and attacked later.
(And then users ask me why am I posting walls of text, lol.
= to avoid replies like from this guy)
None of the players you mentioned are legends to me simply because they were present when the CL trophy were handed out. They are legends to me because they had a major impact on what the team was at the time and the way we played. Could you imagine Barcelona without the history of Puyol, even if you ignore the trophies? I can't. There's much more to it than just trophies, at least to me.

To make it clear, Lucho subbing on Douglas during the final matches where we in the end win the CL, would make Douglas a Barcelona legend to you? You would then put him next to players such as Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi? In comparison, I would not yet rate Neymar as legend even if we win the CL this year.

You seem to feel attacked as soon as someone disagree with your very strong opinions, which is weird on a platform based on discussions. Besides, your posts seem to be sort of controversial anyway which is basically like asking for a reaction.

BBZ8800

None of the players you mentioned are legends to me simply because they were present when the CL trophy were handed out. They are legends to me because they had a major impact on what the team was at the time and the way we played. Could you imagine Barcelona without the history of Puyol, even if you ignore the trophies? I can't. There's much more to it than just trophies, at least to me.

Again, this is why we need long posts, to avoid these replies and going offtopic.

When will Ney be a legend for me?
= when he wins a CL as an important player in that Season
Can a player be a legend even without a CL?
= yes, he can, if he plays for a team successfully for 5-10-15 years
-- but then, in a case of Neymar, if he would be here for 10 years and never win a Cll it would be questionable how good were his Seasons here actually
(Also, you mentioned a player who played for 10 years without a CL trophy, and then you mention Puyol with 3 CL trophies. I know that you didn't mean on him, but you needed an example then, when you are using that argument about important players. Lucho as a player would be a good example, I agree. Or Rivaldo.)
Will Douglas be a legend if he plays the last 2 minutes in the final
= not the same as key players, of course

I thought that it was clear that a player needs to win a CL and be an important part of the team's success in that Season, not necessarily with goals in a SF or final, as the user above me asked.

To make it clear, Lucho subbing on Douglas during the final matches where we in the end win the CL, would make Douglas a Barcelona legend to you? You would then put him next to players such as Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi? In comparison, I would not yet rate Neymar as legend even if we win the CL this year.

I tried to write a shorter post.
The question was when will Ney be a legend for me?
= when he will win a CL with an overall display during the whole Season like in the current Season, for example

I hope that it is clearer now.
And no, Douglas won't be the same as Ney then.
Ney will be like Etoo then.
Douglas will be like any other squad players from any era who won a Cl.

You seem to feel attacked as soon as someone disagree with your very strong opinions, which is weird on a platform based on discussions. Besides, your posts seem to be sort of controversial anyway which is basically like asking for a reaction.

I don't feel attacked on any other topics, no matter how much anyone disagrees with me or insults me.
But I do feel extremely strange on this topic, I have to say.

Every single remark about Ney will be questioned by xx users, and you have to explain every single word, especially:
1. if he is not a legend already for you
2. and if you say that any of his skills are not on a godlike level

Last edited:

Barcalove

Banned
I wouldnt trade neymar even for the entire squad of the PSG, he is the best young player by a huge margin, he is so much better in dealing with pressure than guys like Ibrahimovic even being almost 10 years young, the guy just handled a world cup in his own country and did an very good job, the guy at 23 years old did 5 goals in 1 season against the French champions, the same one who beated the Incoming English champions (10+ points?).

Just see by the whole picture, Neymar is in the highest level with players like Suarez who is 5 years older, who was Suarez at 23 years old? A normal guy who did 4 goals and 3 assists in one Season(10/11)? Or 11 goals And 3 assists a year later(11/12)?

Neymar have everything he needs to be a legendary player and a ballon d'or winner, he has one of the best players in the world and one of the best players in the history as a friend and teammate !! He is on one of the biggest clubs in the world , who is constantly fighting for champions leagues, all he need is our support for his develop

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Just see by the whole picture, Neymar is in the highest level with players like Suarez who is 5 years older, who was Suarez at 23 years old? A normal guy who did 4 goals and 3 assists in one Season(10/11)? Or 11 goals And 3 assists a year later(11/12)?

Nice try but suarez wasn't playing for barca alongside messi.

Dexter

BBZ, I give up. Maybe I misunderstood you to begin with. Or perhaps I misunderstood you now. Hard to tell with these walls of text where you're jumping back and forth, as well as splitting up several quotes.

BBZ, I give up. Maybe I misunderstood you to begin with. Or perhaps I misunderstood you now. Hard to tell with these walls of text where you're jumping back and forth, as well as splitting up several quotes.

See BBZ this is exactly why it's a good thing that you decided to tone it down or avoid posting about ney. Walls of text + immediate history of being unfairly critical will kill even your finest points.

There's nothing really wrong with saying that any player who is an important part of a (very) successful squad is a barça legend. Although I personally think that questions like that are silly.

BBZ8800

Np.
Even though I think you have misunderstood me.

Even though, again, IMO, I didn't say anything bad about Ney today, and I didn't plan to say anything bad.
Currently we are winning and we will need to see how we will play against Bayern.
Plus, Ney is good lately.
So, I am not in a Ney-hate mode that much lately (even though I still rate Etoo and some guys higher than him).

I just wanted to say in the first post that those stats about passes are misleading.
About your post, I was just replying when I will consider Ney, but also Suarez or any "newer" Barca player as a legend.

Without any malice in my post.

See BBZ this is exactly why it's a good thing that you decided to tone it down or avoid posting about ney. Walls of text + immediate history of being unfairly critical will kill even your finest points.

Yes.
I will need to move totally from this topic.

Again, tonight I only posted that those stats were misleading and that I Ney will need to win a CL, if he wants to be a Barca's legend (without any malice in those posts)

Long story short:
= I needed to stay on this topic for the next 6 hours, explaining to people every single word and hidden meaning of my posts, lol

This is not a healthy topic for me.
I will leave it for some other guys to fight between themselves.

Barcalove

Banned
Nice try but suarez wasn't playing for barca alongside messi.
Try for what? You just confirmed what i just said, Suarez even in liverpool, improved so much even having much worse players as teammates, imagine how much neymar can improve? He doubled his goals in a year.
And ps, Suarez wasnt playing in barça alongside Messi because 5 years ago, he wasnt even good to barça heights lol, villa and even Pedro were better 5 years ago than he was

Dexter

Np.
So, I am not in a Ney-hate mode that much lately (even though I still rate Etoo and some guys higher than him).
Haha I see. You have every reason to rate Etoo higher as Neymar still has a lot more to prove in Barcelona, and I'm sure he will in the future ;)

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Try for what? You just confirmed what i just said, Suarez even in liverpool, improved so much even having much worse players as teammates, imagine how much neymar can improve? He doubled his goals in a year.
And ps, Suarez wasnt playing in barça alongside Messi because 5 years ago, he wasnt even good to barça heights lol, villa and even Pedro were better 5 years ago than he was

Really?
You think that suarez gradually evolved to be the player he is today?
Because to me it seems that he has enormous natural talent and he would be even better if he played with us from a younger age.

Barcalove

Banned
Really?
You think that suarez gradually evolved to be the player he is today?
Because to me it seems that he has enormous natural talent and he would be even better if he played with us from a younger age.
What? Every player gradually evolved lol messi at 17 were nowhere near his actual level.
Suarez were never called a future ballon d'or at 23 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans