11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcalove

Banned
You cant even compare an league like Eredivise who got teams like Go ahead Eagles who have an stadium with an capacity of 6.700 people, or excelsior wih an capacity of less than 4.000? Botafogo, a team who got relegated last year, already sold out all tickets for his match against Vasco, and thats 45.000 people, they even have the Brazilian number 1 GK as they goalkeeper

Kerrybai

You cant even compare an league like Eredivise who got teams like Go ahead Eagles who have an stadium with an capacity of 6.700 people, or excelsior wih an capacity of less than 4.000? Botafogo, a team who got relegated last year, already sold out all tickets for his match against Vasco, and thats 45.000 people, they even have the Brazilian number 1 GK as they goalkeeper

What on earth are you talking about? Eredivisie has a higher attendance than Brazilian football despite having a much smaller population.

1416051019222_wps_7_1pic_ATTENDANCES_jpg.jpg

Barcalove

Banned
What on earth are you talking about? Eredivisie has a higher attendance than Brazilian football despite having a much smaller population.

1416051019222_wps_7_1pic_ATTENDANCES_jpg.jpg
T
Get me the number of attendance of Go ahead Eagles and show me, and my point is how much the lower table teams in brazil are richier than the same on eredivise.

And the populatuon doesnt count when Brazil is a Huge country lol, its not like he have 200 milion people close, its much easier to fill stadiums if you have more concentrated people in the same area, as is noth every fan who travel 1.000 miles every week to watch their club play , get those number of the clubs of the state of Sao Paulo(who are a state much more concentrated), corinthians for example, this years is putting 30k people every match

Barcalove

Banned
Netherlands 16.8 Milion people in a 41.526 km2 = 400 people every km2
Brazil 200 milion people in a 8.515.767 km2 = 24 people every km2

See the difference? People in Brazil cant afford even to buy the tickets, imagine the cost of traveling to watch the games, thats one of the reasons why the attendence is so low

mark1nhu

Here in Brazil tickets costs almost 10% of a minimum wage (BRL 60.00 ticket - BRL 722.00 minimum wage).

Not to mention transportation, snacks, beer, etc.

Of course there are plenty of people earning much more than the minimum wage, but still... Everything is expensive here, watch football in the stadium is not on the top list of many of them.

Totally nonsense to evaluate Brazilian League quality by attendance numbers.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry but that makes no sense. Out of 200 million people there's bound to be 20mil. who are well off. That's still more than Netherlands. And what traveling? Clubs are located in urban area.
Don't know about ticket prices but I bet those for Dutch stadium are more expensive.

Problem is more social. Same as in Croatia. We have roughly same population as 20 years before and yet there are 5-10 times less spectators.

Barcalove

Banned
Sorry but that makes no sense. Out of 200 million people there's bound to be 20mil. who are well off. That's still more than Netherlands. And what traveling? Clubs are located in urban area.
Don't know about ticket prices but I bet those for Dutch stadium are more expensive.

Problem is more social. Same as in Croatia. We have roughly same population as 20 years before and yet there are 5-10 times less spectators.
Bojan for countrys like netherlands, you can simply get a car and drive easily to the stadiums, in brazil not every one can travel 1.000km to watch their teams, there is people who never even watched their clubs play because of distance, just check the TV audience and you will see the difference

Of the price, yes in europe is more expensive, but also people have muuuch more money than people in Brazil, in Brazil many people cant even buy food or clean water, let alone the cost of going to the stadiums

F

Flavia

They forgot to mention the violence... Last week a Palmeiras supporter was killed after a game by Santos supporters. There's still a "hooligan" mentality going on around here. Many things scare people away from the stadium, mainly the prices and the violence. The quality of the football is debatable. I'd say the top 10 usually play from regular to well, but many teams are a pain to watch. Also the quality of most pitchs doesn't help. Xavi wouldn't approve.

mark1nhu

Urban areas are far from each other, but this is not the reason for low attendance (most cities have enough football fans to sell all tickets)

The reason is, as I said, everything else here is expensive.

We think twice before spend money on a 2 hour event that is free on TV or at the bar.

StarLord

Lots of different factors affect football attendances: TV coverage availability, the perceived quality of the league, relation of median wage to ticket price, overall population, density of population, transport and other related costs.

Barcalove

Banned
The football quality isnt good thats true, there many leagues who are 1000x better like Spanish,Italian, Portuguese, french, english and others, but the Eredivise isnt that great either, thats a 2 horse team, the last team are almost amateurs, a stadium with 3.000 capacity and only 17pts on the league? I doubt even teams on Brazilian serie B would do that bad

Kerrybai

T
Get me the number of attendance of Go ahead Eagles and show me, and my point is how much the lower table teams in brazil are richier than the same on eredivise.

And the populatuon doesnt count when Brazil is a Huge country lol, its not like he have 200 milion people close, its much easier to fill stadiums if you have more concentrated people in the same area, as is noth every fan who travel 1.000 miles every week to watch their club play , get those number of the clubs of the state of Sao Paulo(who are a state much more concentrated), corinthians for example, this years is putting 30k people every match

I have no idea where you are going with this argument. Go Ahead Eagles, 7,903 average. Santos FC, 9,407, Goias EC, 6,958.... Many of the Brazilian teams have small attendances too, so your totally wrong here. Ok lets look at an area with a big population... Brasilia with over 2 million people and the local team attracts 4,000.

Most people in Brazil live in urban areas and can reach the stadiums, yes there are lots of poor people and that makes a difference, I just don't see why you brought up attendances to prove that Brazil is better when clearly its not an argument you can win.

Here in Brazil tickets costs almost 10% of a minimum wage (BRL 60.00 ticket - BRL 722.00 minimum wage).

Not to mention transportation, snacks, beer, etc.

Of course there are plenty of people earning much more than the minimum wage, but still... Everything is expensive here, watch football in the stadium is not on the top list of many of them.

Totally nonsense to evaluate Brazilian League quality by attendance numbers.

I wasn't evaluating it the quality of the play by those figures, just simply responding to barcalove.

F

Flavia

I have no idea where you are going with this argument. Go Ahead Eagles, 7,903 average. Santos FC, 9,407, Goias EC, 6,958.... Many of the Brazilian teams have small attendances too, so your totally wrong here. Ok lets look at an area with a big population... Brasilia with over 2 million people and the local team attracts 4,000.

Most people in Brazil live in urban areas and can reach the stadiums, yes there are lots of poor people and that makes a difference, I just don't see why you brought up attendances to prove that Brazil is better when clearly its not an argument you can win.

I wasn't evaluating it the quality of the play by those figures, just simply responding to barcalove.
Brasília has no football scene. Teams from the north, mid-west, and the largest part of northeast are also small, incipient or don't exist. Brazil's football is mostly são Paulo, Rio, 2 teams from Minas and another 2 from the south. You can't analyse it using places like Brasilia.

Jadentheman

Brazilian league isn't that bad. Sure it looks spacious, but that's because as Barca fans you're used to seeing mostly 10 men defending in their final third.

EDIT: Retro GOAT since it's the topic of discussion

Barca_070

Ajax .. They league are even worse than Brazilian, thats why he didnt scored much in his first two seasons

lmao really tho?

Just look at the first eleven of The Netherlands this world cup, which made it to the semi-final and only went out by penalties. Also Ajax won against Barcelona (2-1) and Man. City (3-1) in the last few years, Feyenoord beat Sevilla with ease (2-0) this season.

This is the starting eleven against Spain, which game they won (5-1)
Jasper Cillessen
Bruno Martins Indi
Daryl Janmaat

Ron Vlaar
Stefan De Vrij
77” Joël Veltman
Arjen Robben
Daley Blind
Jonathan de Guzman
62” Georginio Wijnaldum
Nigel de Jong
Wesley Sneijder
Robin van Persie
79” Jeremain Lens

And this dont even incluse Depay, who was one of the suprises of the tournament, all the bold players were playing in the Eredivisie at that moment (half of the team)

Now tell me again how the Brazilian League is better than the Eredivisie, football wise. Dont give me any bullshit about attendance and stadium capacity, because you know very well it isnt the way to rate a competition.

Well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans