11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad

Yeah because players like him are so easy to replace

it is not, he is awesome player, but what barca should do? with all that scandal about signing neymar, neymar also have tax problems in brazil, he has greedy dad, you can not do nothing about that, and spain court would do everything to move neymar from barca.

Obiaseti

Right now we need to take everything being said with a pinch of salt. These are standard negotiation tactics employed by everyone. The fact is that Neymar Jr wants to play for us and has clearly enjoyed his time here so far. He knows that that is the best outcome for his career growth. However he's not going to reveal that because then the board would take him for a ride. Right now everyone is going to see how much they can push the other party. I'd not worry myself too much just yet. Typically the real worries start when players are having issues on field or with the manager or team mates which is not the case here at all.

mazp

Funny watching some United fans already including him in their starting lineups for next season..:lol: Anyway, it's interesting how Neymar says one thing and his father says something different..just an observation..

Lomar1o

one thing that surprises me is that neymar junior doesn't shut neymar senior up. and it still wouldn't be disrespectful from a father/son relationship perspective.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sounds like some of you starting to see the folly of embracing a galactico policy...Blaugrana ethos, build from within and supplement without the RM approach

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sounds like some of you starting to see the folly of embracing a galactico policy...Blaugrana ethos, build from within and supplement without the RM approach

I'm all for building from within and trying to promote the youth products we make in La Masia, but Neymar would most likely be at Real if we hadn't pushed so hard to sign him, and how different would things be now if that was the case?

Nothing wrong with poaching top talent with the rare players who have the skill set required here, and his character isn't the question. It's his nightmare of a father that is the center of the circus, and it's not easy to tell your Dad, the man who showed you how to kick a football, to shove it, regardless of your fame. It's far from an enviable position, and I truly feel for him. The press and the authorities have been hounding him since he stepped foot in Barcelona, and it was no fault of his own.

Either way, his father just wants one last payout, regardless if he moves or stays, so the most logical thing to do is pay any legal fees and fines he incurs, rewards him with a fat contract extension, weighing in all the bullshit he's put up with and his stellar performances despite the off field distractions, and then immediately seperate the influence his father has. Especially in the new contract, they can incentivize him to shut his father out on these matters and put the power in his hands.

Besides, with the form he's currently in, he is really going to challenge Messi for the the Ballon if he keeps this up throughout the season. He has sense, his dad is just a pushy, greedy bastard, and in the end, Neymar will realize that he doesn't need that sort of distraction in his career, and that the best way he can achieve all he wants to achieve is by staying here.

Besides, Messi is off to play with Wenger next season anyway :pep:

AnnieSureshot

one thing that surprises me is that neymar junior doesn't shut neymar senior up. and it still wouldn't be disrespectful from a father/son relationship perspective.
Neymar Sr is a manipulative shit and can get Junior to do whatever he wants. In Sr's words "Junior is on a motorbike and we are riding on his back" and guess who's got the handlebars? I don't trust a singe word out of his mouth.

JamDav1982

Sounds like you don't have the first clue what the galactio policy was.

Barca have ALWAYs spent big on individual players. Hope this helps.

Assuming you think Suarez and Neymar were 'galactico' signings Barca should not have made then....you are without much clue.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
This could result in huge problems. Neymar and his dad are obviously pushing for him to become the highest paid player in the world. Messi would revolt thenl ike he already did once when Neymar had a similar paycheck to his. So the only option for Barca who already has shitty finances,especially considering wages , is to drastically increase both paychecks. That could also result in veterans and Suarez asking for a new contract. No matter how you put this, this situation will leave a pretty big toll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans