11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

No they couldn't, without breaking the rules. They came to Barca not because they like the club. Rosell broke the rules to get them to sign and they signed for the money and gloryhunting with Messi.

Of course Perez could, and would had payed more money to Ney Sr. Ney Sr and Wagner Ribeiro insisted that Neymar should go to rm. Perez would break the rules, and no tax case would had ever happened. That's the difference. Neymar is the one who didn't want to go to rm, be it for being a Messi fanboy or some other reason.

raskolnikov

Of course Perez could, and would had payed more money to Ney Sr. Ney Sr and Wagner Ribeiro insisted that Neymar should go to rm. Perez would break the rules, and no tax case would had ever happened. That's the difference. Neymar is the one who didn't want to go to rm, be it for being a Messi fanboy or some other reason.
Dont Madrid players have tax cases as well? just not blown up in the media. I dont like to believe Perez is that powerfull.

F

Flavia

Dont Madrid players have tax cases as well? just not blown up in the media. I dont like to believe Perez is that powerfull.

They always settle, it never gets out of hand like it did with Messi and Neymar.
In Messi's case, the prosecution wanted to drop charges against him(and only keep them against his father), but the state attorney forced the charges to go on. And that state attorney is a former rm board member, Marta Silva de Lapuerta. Perez is rm president, and that is still a very powerful position in spain.

Also, it's worthy of note this was the m.o. during Franco's era. Hostile tax inspections were often used to drive people out of business, if they didn't comply with the capital.

raskolnikov

They always settle, it never gets out of hand like it did with Messi and Neymar.
In Messi's case, the prosecution wanted to drop charges against him(and only keep them against his father), but the state attorney forced the charges to go on. And that state attorney is a former rm board member, Marta Silva de Lapuerta. Perez is rm president, and that is still a very powerful position in spain.

Also, it's worthy of note this was the m.o. during Franco's era. Hostile tax inspections were often used to drive people out of business, if they didn't comply with the capital.
Its kind of crazy how powerfull rm and therefore Perez actually is then. It makes the whole country look stupid and backward.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
IIRC Iker Casillas and Rafael Nadal also cheated the Spanish tax authorities, but it went completely unnoticed and was settled quitly.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As for 'glory hunting with Messi' that is just absurd. If you apply that rule to Neymar apply it to every Barca signing.

No.

If you want to talk superstars players only you have Suarez who was always a Barca fan. Or Ronaldinho who came here when chips were down.

But nice try.

serghei

I really like Neymar, but no player is bigger than the club. Everyone is replaceable and the club can move on just fine without a player. If Neymar wants to go, he can go as far as I am concerned. Just a club to pay his release clause and that's it.

I'd rather he stays at Barca though.

Last edited:

Howes

We all have embarrassing dads :)

You can tell contract negotionations are coming up, speaking about it before the Classico isn't cool.
Neymar loves Barcelona and isn't looking to move, he's just looking for a pay rise

jairzinho

Why the feck is he and Ribeiro looking at a pay rise for? Did he not have a renewal recently. ? Forgive me if i'm wrong. Neymar needs to quit that mindset at least for now. Its not like he's approaching 30 and never to probably see another massive contract again. He hasn't even reached his prime as yet. He's young. There's lots of money to be made for god's sake.

JamDav1982

No.

If you want to talk superstars players only you have Suarez who was always a Barca fan. Or Ronaldinho who came here when chips were down.

But nice try.

Judging by the reaction to your post I would say most people agree with me.

Nice try.

Real offered Ney Snr 60m so it was not 'all about money'

Although I clearly agree Ronaldiho did not join Barca as a glory hunter with Messi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans