11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Height18

When it comes to overall play it seems he just keeps topping previous game of his. Despite not scoring or having an assist, I think this one of his best games, if not his best game this season.

anguy

Well, it looks like he finally learned how to pass better, that was his main weakness last season, he lost a lot of balls because of it. Against Roma he sometimes looked like Iniesta - cutting inside making throughballs to teammates.

Kerrybai

I fail to see how he can even improve now. Even his old issues with releasing the ball too late seem to have been ironed out.

Kerrybai

Penalty kicks :neymar:

Touche. I get the feeling he won't be taking any more penalties unless a very similar situation arises ( Us having won the game while only Neymar of the front 3 has not scored ). From here on out it will surely be Messi.

Altomonte

We can only hope that Neymar and his two companeros stay healthy and keep playing for Barça, despite the silly tax Spanish tax issues. It would be a shame to separate them - it is such a joy to watch them. Neymar has grown a lot this past year!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Well Robert keep saying that Neymar will sign soon ...

I will be over the moon the day we have his signature, as things are, his buy out clause is way too low (may be even less than what he cost lol), any of the big hitters could come and match it.

BBZ8800

I fail to see how he can even improve now. Even his old issues with releasing the ball too late seem to have been ironed out.

He can improve further.
Last season some of us had criticized Neymar because even though he played well, he was slowing down our game and made unnecessary clownish tricks too often, which hadn't lead to anything except to pleasing the crowd or losing the ball.
Now, when he plays faster, with less unneeded tricks (it doesn't mean that he shouldn't do any tricks) he is even 30-50% better player than the last season.

People used to say: Neymar shouldn't stop doing those tricks and slowing down the game, it's who he is.
Well, it seems that he CAN stop doing those things and we can all see how much better he is now.

Also, he played his whole career "his game" with too many tricks, and he is playing only 2 Months in the current way, where he plays faster and when his overall game is way more lethal because of that (not to mention that the team also benefits more from his "new/tweaked" style of play). So, he is better both individually, plus our team is also stronger with "new him".

So, when he'll play longer in this "new way", he will be even better.

So:
1. imo, he can improve even more and we will see that in upcoming years (if his head will remain motivated)
2. also, there isn't a thing as "that's who I am, that's how I play".
= every player can improve and slightly alter/tweak his "who I am" in order to become much better player

Well done, Ney

Last edited:

Neymessi

Oh course he can improve,but he is playing really well right now.Its not like he desperately needs improvement.Only his Pk are a thing to consider because I don't want that to be a reason to lose in a cl penalty shootout if it ever happens.That style is definitely not confidence aspiring.A long run should be a must.Or else he should hit it with some power with that short run up.Depending on reading the keeper right and putting the ball 1 yard to the other side with low power will definitely be saved one if not the other.

Caps

the next Ballon d'Or is Messi's but Neymar has one coming his way very soon if he keeps this sort of form up...

amazing player and still only 23 years old!!!
If everyone keeps current form, I expect Leo to get his 6th next year as well, Ney 2nd. Year after that Neys 1st ballon.

J

Jamie Cal

God, I thought he was absolutely incredible. Couldn't give a fuck about no goals or assists (though the penalty was disappointing and I hate the style). The man's energy levels were absolutely through the roof. Unplayable last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans