11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Well of course he's amazing, hence why i'm freaking out over him signing the renewal !! :)

In the meantime, Flopez when watching Neymar (and Suarez) play ..

oh-god-what-have-i-done.gif

Neymessi

Did anybody really thought he would not renew?Of course media hyped his renewal etc but I was never even a little unsure that he would not not renew.

xXKonan

The board has no doubt that Neymar will stay with the club. The objective is to renew him until 2021 before the end of the season [sport]

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Neymar has blossomed into a truly world class footballer, even against Roma I noticed that most of the game ran through him. He was involved in the build up to every single goal.

Co0ter

Full of useless skills, should be a team player :pedro:

All the comments you're making are actually giving me a good laugh :D

The people who said those things only watched him on youtube, if you followed him in Brazil you knew he was the real deal and had all the potential in the world to become what he is now.

BerkeleyBernie

He can improve further.
Last season some of us had criticized Neymar because even though he played well, he was slowing down our game and made unnecessary clownish tricks too often, which hadn't lead to anything except to pleasing the crowd or losing the ball.
Now, when he plays faster, with less unneeded tricks (it doesn't mean that he shouldn't do any tricks) he is even 30-50% better player than the last season.

People used to say: Neymar shouldn't stop doing those tricks and slowing down the game, it's who he is.
Well, it seems that he CAN stop doing those things and we can all see how much better he is now.

Also, he played his whole career "his game" with too many tricks, and he is playing only 2 Months in the current way, where he plays faster and when his overall game is way more lethal because of that (not to mention that the team also benefits more from his "new/tweaked" style of play). So, he is better both individually, plus our team is also stronger with "new him".

So, when he'll play longer in this "new way", he will be even better.

So:
1. imo, he can improve even more and we will see that in upcoming years (if his head will remain motivated)
2. also, there isn't a thing as "that's who I am, that's how I play".
= every player can improve and slightly alter/tweak his "who I am" in order to become much better player

Well done, Ney

Exactly. I'd go so far as to say that (other than the absolute crap midfield tactics of Madrid and Roma) Neymar's finally adopting a playing style that utilizes his teammates instead of making them bystanders is the primary reason Barça was so deadly (and entertaining again) these past two games. Alves' aimless crosses and Neymar's ball-holding had been Barça's greatest attack killers. Now, every time Neymar opts to pass and move (when his teammates make that the easy and smart option), it becomes another potentially productive attack, greatly increasing the number of chances per game Barça gets to attack the opponent goal, not to mention being far more disruptive to the opponent defense than his predictable ball-holding ever was.

It also appears he has improved his close dribbling skills, taking his cue from Messi and Iniesta, and has learned to keep the ball closer to his feet while in open run. That, in turn, means he has more control when passing. He's not chasing his own dribbles as much.

We'll have to see what happens when Barça goes up against an opponent that actually has a plan for the midfield, but hopefully we'll see more of the great build-up play we've seen the past two games. Good riddance Diva Neymar. Welcome to Barça, Teamplay Neymar. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans