11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

Lets face it, once Messi leaves he will probably jump ship anyway, whether or not he stays that long is up for debate. His quote is all over the media now, the english press are calling it another reason for United to sign Pep. IMO we shouldn't read too much into it.

I like neymar a lot as a footballer but I hate, really hate his constant playacting, how he rolls around every time to try to squeeze all he can out of the ref, how he hits opponents etc.
I don't want to have double standards, so I don't like his character in the pitch at all just like I don't like cristiano, not to mention if he was playing for any other team he would seem absolutely repulsive to us pulling this shit against barca.
So, I wouldn't mind selling him(just not to real, give him to city) if it would help finance the team(the qatar situation may prove problematic) and get dybala in his place.
If he can learn from messi and be more admirable on the pitch then it's a different situation but I don't see that happening.

I understand if you don't like certain aspects of his character, but selling the 2nd best ( and the future best ) player in the world would be foolish. We would look on in regret as he lifts the Ballon dor for 1, 2, 3 or even 4 times wearing a Madrid or City jersey.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His words were taken out of context. He's not going anywhere.

And he's not leaving until he's finished either.

Barcelona offers the complete package no other club and city can. There's literally no reason to leave. Not even monetary reasons as he's earning shitloads of money and will get more with his contract renewal.

Every player in the World answers like that, 'no one knows what the future holds'

That doesn't mean he'll leave now or in three seasons or so.

And if any other player was asked which other coach he'd like to work with then most would answer Guardiola or perhaps Ancelotti.

Doesn't mean they'll actually go out of their way to play under them.

AND last but not the least, the club have put so much resources into Neymar that they'll not let him leave. He's the most vital cog in our plan for the future. Both sporting and marketing wise.

Last edited:

mazp

My problem is, why does the press think he will leave or would want to leave next season? I mean it's not like it's 2001 Barca anymore. The days of Madrid pulling another Figo are over, besides Barca got their revenge by getting Eto and never looked back.. Neymar has stated numerous times he's happy and wants to renew. I just hope he's ready for this weekend.

Alik

His words were taken out of context. He's not going anywhere.

And he's not leaving until he's finished either.

Barcelona offers the complete package no other club and city can. There's literally no reason to leave. Not even monetary reasons as he's earning shitloads of money and will get more with his contract renewal.

Every player in the World answers like that, 'no one knows what the future holds'

That doesn't mean he'll leave now or in three seasons or so.

Depends on what motivates him. If he starts chasing records and looking at his legacy at Barça, then yes.

But he could be interested in trying a new challenge or experience something different eventually. After all he has won everything at Barca really quickly, so he could look forward to winning trophies in different countries.

NotInHere

Thought what he said was worse:lol: come on people he just answered a question, Pep was probably the first name that came up in his mind since many consider him the best coach in the world, wouldn't you like to be coached by the best?

mazp

Thought what he said was worse:lol: come on people he just answered a question, Pep was probably the first name that came up in his mind since many consider him the best coach in the world, wouldn't you like to be coached by the best?

I don't have a problem with what he said, it just the press twisting his words can get annoying and tiresome, then of course seeing United, City and Madrid fans on twitter including him in their starting 11 for next season is funny :lol:

F

Flavia

My problem is, why does the press think he will leave or would want to leave next season? I mean it's not like it's 2001 Barca anymore. The days of Madrid pulling another Figo are over, besides Barca got their revenge by getting Eto and never looked back.. Neymar has stated numerous times he's happy and wants to renew. I just hope he's ready for this weekend.

Because that's what the press do. How many times was Messi on the verge of signing for city or chelsea, according to them? Neymar is the best player in the world this season, so it's his turn.

blaugrana1987

For me it sounds like that he doesnt plan to stay here for too long. Maybe our club trys to bind him longer than he wants to stay here. Another reason could be all these attacks on and off the field. His dad doesnt help either.... For me one thing is clear he will leave sooner or later. Dont expect him to be loyal like messi iniesta and co....
Wat? I got exactly the opposite impression with his last interview. He is staying and he is happy.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
His contract renewal actually seems to hold a lot of significance as to his future.

Frankly speaking, I doubt there's any way that he'd leave unless it's at the tail end of his contract. His buyout clause is close to 200 million euros right now IIRC? It'd be an absurdly expensive put-off for someone to purchase him by activating his buyout, (taxes, wages, and operational costs included). I doubt he'll go to Madrid but even other clubs like United/City probably won't be looking to spend well over 200 million euros on a single player. Barca wouldn't budge on it unless the contract was close to running down and he was dead set on leaving, meaning they would need a fee.

Since his current contract ends in 2018, he has to decide whether he wants to actually spend his prime years at Barca (he'll be 26 by the end of his current contract). If he renews now, he's definitely staying here because his contract will last through his prime and no club would even dream about paying the reportedly improved 1 billion euro buyout.

If he isn't sure about staying at Barca, then he probably wouldn't renew at all for the time being and assess his options as the contract runs down and there are actual logistically possible options for his future. By early 2018, he'll be in his prime with Barca in a losing position for negotiations as they try to get a decent fee and more teams will be able to offer well over 100 million euros for him.

Long story short, Neymar's decision to renew now actually matters for his ambitions to 'play in other countries' or build a legacy elsewhere.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some of you guys seriously buy into those diplomatic niceties "I'd like to play under XXX one day" and stuff like "you never know what will happen tomorrow" (WTH? Is it too hard to say "I guarantee that I will spend the rest of my career at this club"?? Yeah right). Incredible.

Why would Neymar leave us? Which other club offers a better platform than us right now and in the future? I don't understand the belief that Neymar will leave once Messi leaves. Once Messi leaves, Neymar will be the face of this club, he will be leading us to the future. Where else offers a better future? Real Madrid? Manchester United? Manchester City?

mark1nhu

My problem is, why does the press think he will leave or would want to leave next season?

Well, they need/want to sell papers.

And we can see by this forum itself that a lot of people are willing to keep buying their shit, so they will keep going.

mark1nhu

Some of you guys seriously buy into those diplomatic niceties "I'd like to play under XXX one day" and stuff like "you never know what will happen tomorrow" (WTH? Is it too hard to say "I guarantee that I will spend the rest of my career at this club"?? Yeah right). Incredible.

Why would Neymar leave us? Which other club offers a better platform than us right now and in the future? I don't understand the belief that Neymar will leave once Messi leaves. Once Messi leaves, Neymar will be the face of this club, he will be leading us to the future. Where else offers a better future? Real Madrid? Manchester United? Manchester City?

Apparently people here wanted these two IMPOSSIBLE answers:

1) I already play for the best coach in the world (Lucho) and I don't have any curiosity about other coach's styles;

2) I already have 23 years old so I am definitely sure about what I want for the rest of my career and no matter what, even if somehow Barça sign a cunt coach, I will be here forever.

:lol:

footyfan

Calma, calma

It's really not that difficult to imagine that Madrid, United, City or Bayern will offer a better future for Neymar than Barca will, once Messi retires.

Unless the club plans well, the time around Messi's departure/retirement will be a watershed moment. Pique, Rakitic, Busquets, Suarez, Alba will all also have retired/declined/left the club. Forget about already older people like Alves, Mascherano and Iniesta. The only youngsters in the team who are good enough for Barca starting XI are ter Stegen, Neymar and Sergi Roberto. Obviously Messi's retirement is still 5 years away and a lot can change but right now it doesn't look like the club is prioritising long-term planning.

KingLeo10

It's really not that difficult to imagine that Madrid, United, City or Bayern will offer a better future for Neymar than Barca will, once Messi retires.

Unless the club plans well, the time around Messi's departure/retirement will be a watershed moment. Pique, Rakitic, Busquets, Suarez, Alba will all also have retired/declined/left the club. Forget about already older people like Alves, Mascherano and Iniesta. The only youngsters in the team who are good enough for Barca starting XI are ter Stegen, Neymar and Sergi Roberto. Obviously Messi's retirement is still 5 years away and a lot can change but right now it doesn't look like the club is prioritising long-term planning.

united offering a better future? mate, united will be lucky not to be relegated with giggs looming for the manager position

and let's not even mention city, they have absolutely zero european pedigree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans