11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

In the words of Ebbe Skovhdal when asked about statistics as Aberdeen manager...

"statistics are just like mini-skirts, they give you good ideas but hide the most important thing"

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
BBZ accusing someone of stat twisting ? Wooot ? :lol:

This thread is exhausting.

Stric

In the words of Ebbe Skovhdal when asked about statistics as Aberdeen manager...

"statistics are just like mini-skirts, they give you good ideas but hide the most important thing"

Exactly. The stats will tell you that Griezmann and Neymar have the same number of goals, and they won't tell you that Neymar is being set up with brilliant chances all season long by the best football player in history.

BBZ8800

BBZ accusing someone of stat twisting ? Wooot ? :lol:

This thread is exhausting.

No, he was even better than me, Jam and other guys.
I gave him a gold medal.

I am somewhat sad, because I was a winner of that medal for the Month of April :lol:
I will need to try harder to bring it back...

JamDav1982

Exactly. The stats will tell you that Griezmann and Neymar have the same number of goals, and they won't tell you that Neymar is being set up with brilliant chances all season long by the best football player in history.

Neymar has been better than Griezmann this season and the best player in the world has been at Barca for ten years and oly one player playing him has ever broken 30 goals in a season and they were playing CF and on penalties.

jamrock

i have nothing to add to this debate, but it is kinda funny seeing BBZ8800 talk to someone about stats

Barcalove

Banned
What?

How im using stats in a biased way??

Neymar had more goals vs the hard opposition than Griezman, then someone said that it was because neymar has more setups by her teammates, then i got all the goals vs hard oppositions by the 2 strikers who scored more in Atletico and the Two strikers eho scored more in Real madrid beside Cr7, and they COMBINED, still doesnt reach the number of goals of neymar vs Hard oposition, how in earth its a biased way??

You gonna say that messi creates more chance for neymar than the atletico madrid and Real madrid creates for 4 strikers combined????

Barcalove

Banned

Messi creates more chance for neymar than the atletico madrid and Real madrid creates for 4 strikers combined????

Stric

Neymar has been better than Griezmann this season and the best player in the world has been at Barca for ten years and oly one player playing him has ever broken 30 goals in a season and they were playing CF and on penalties.

There is no doubt that Neymar is the better player. He also cost us 3-4 times as much as Griezmann cost Atletico. Is it not perfectly normal to expect him to be the better player? He is good, but he could have been much better, and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out. I'm not going to hold Neymar to the standards of the 2008/09 season and Samuel Eto, I'm going to hold him to his own standards, and the standards of this season. A season in which even Antoine Griezmann is approaching the 30 goal mark you speak of.

JamDav1982

There is no doubt that Neymar is the better player. He also cost us 3-4 times as much as Griezmann cost Atletico. Is it not perfectly normal to expect him to be the better player? He is good, but he could have been much better, and there's nothing wrong with pointing that out. I'm not going to hold Neymar to the standards of the 2008/09 season and Samuel Eto, I'm going to hold him to his own standards, and the standards of this season. A season in which even Antoine Griezmann is approaching the 30 goal mark you speak of.

Neymar has 33 goals in 42 games as a wide player, Griezmann has 25 in 51 and wont get over 30.

Neymar has been one of the top 4/5 attacking players in the world this season regardless of how much he costs.

Barcalove

Banned
Neymar 44 games with average 2.9 shots per game 17 goals vs hard oposition

126,7 total shots on the season and 17 goals vs hard opposition or every 7.4 shots neymar did, he made 1 goal vs Hard opposition

Vs

4 strikers = 9,5 shots per game , total 391,7 shots on the season and 14 goals on hard opposition or every 27,97 shots for every goal of the 4 strikers

Bale 41 games and 3.3 shots per game = 135.3 shots
Griezman 44 games and 2.1SpG = 92,4 shots
Benzema 40 games and 2.3SpG = 92 shots
Mandzukic 40 games and 1.8SpG = 72 shots

Stric

So many people here are missing the point. Generally speaking, 30 goals is a great number. However, once you take into account other goalscorers this season, the team and the ranking of the team that Neymar plays for, their number of goals combined, who his teammates are, how much they set him up, how many chances he could have also converted, etc., 30 becomes a good number, but not an extremely impressive one. It makes no sense to compare his numbers to a season 7 years ago when two of the top scorers had 30-ish goals.

JamDav1982

So many people here are missing the point. Generally speaking, 30 goals is a great number. However, once you take into account other goalscorers this season, the team and the ranking of the team that Neymar plays for, their number of goals combined, who his teammates are, how much they set him up, how many chances he could have also converted, etc., 30 becomes a good number, but not an extremely impressive one. It makes no sense to compare his numbers to a season 7 years ago when two of the top scorers had 30-ish goals.

How many chances he could have converted?

He has the best chance conversion rate of the front three at Barca.

If people try to make out it is easy for him to score beside Messi than it is relevant to compare him to the to other players that have.

Did Etoos goals for Barca count for less as he had Ronaldinho and Messi beside him but Diego Forlan scored just as many at a poorer team?

Of course it doesnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans