11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Not same at all Jammy. Pedro played wider and always served as a workhorse, as you very well know.

Pedro was there to score goals it was one of his main strengths.... he also he Mess feeding him from a closer position in the middle.

Barcalove

Banned
Griezmann still has more goals in La Liga than Ney. Even without Messi serving him on a silver platter every week.
Just sayin..
Yea, the only detail is that the only large games he scored in the whole season, was 1 sitter against Real madrid in the 4-0 ..
While neymar

5 goals vs Psg
1 goal vs Real madrid
2 goals vs Sevilha
3 goals vs Atletico de Madri
3 goals vs Villareal

Why so much hate bojan?

Barcalove

Banned
How im the world neymar numbers arent realistics if than half of his goals were against good opposition?

33 goals :
3 vs Athletic bilbao
5 vs Psg
1 vs Real madrid
2 vs Sevilha
3 vs Atletico de Madri
3 vs Villareal

Total 17 goals against hard opposition, or 51% of his goals, how in the world this is statpadding?

BBZ8800

The point about Messi 'stat padding' is that argument only came about with Neymar scoring goals...coincidence? I dont think so.

That was only a few weeks saying he shouldnt go five games without a goal as its his job to score goals.

Anyway if this team wins/loses it is on them as a group as a whole and not just on the boots of the new players.

Please, I really have to go :p
I wasn't here 2-3 years ago to post that Messi is also statpadding.

I wasn't interested in checking numbers until Ney started to score too much and get too much praise for his Goals.
Even though, Ronaldo's 40-50 league goals were always too suspicious for me.

So, yes, I checked only because of Ney, and since then my opinion is that goals from ALL La liga's and similar current leagues are not realistic anymore.

It is not stat padding if you score against big teams is it? If you compare how often he scores against big team against another player of same age. You would be surprised how good neymar actually is. Not saying he is messi good, but he sure deserves doesn't deserve the hate if barca somehow loses.

To be honest, world football is not too reach with world class attackers currently, so Ney surely is the best, I agree.
Also, Ney is by far the best Brasilian player, but again, is it because he is sooo good or because this is the worst Brasil side since 1982 and 1986?

Also, I am not actually "hating" him that much.
I am more pissed with overhyping how he is soooo good.

You know how CR7 is a good player, but not as good as Real's fans think that he is.
So, we, Barca fans are pissed of with unrealistic Madrid's fans.
The same is with me and Ney.
Our fans are overhyping him the same as Madrid's fans with CR7.

Ney is good, I agree.
Ney is awesome.
But some posts here are over the top.

Again, even I, as a Neyhater thinks that he is in top5 players in the world.
But I expect more from him, and I want trophies, and not only youtube videos and meaningless La liga goals and goals in 1/8 and QF of a CL.

Again, I can't force you to slightly lover the love for Neymar.
You also can't force me to "praise" him even more.

But since 90% of people here are, imo, slightly overatting him, there is no point in fighting.

Again, I just posted what he needs to do for me, to get some love and praise.
And look at this, we can easily fill the 20 pages in the next 3-4 hours with: but why this, why that and 100s of offtopic comparisons and analysis.

Please, nooooot again :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, the only detail is that the only large games he scored in the whole season, was 1 sitter against Real madrid in the 4-0 ..
While neymar

5 goals vs Psg
1 goal vs Real madrid
2 goals vs Sevilha
3 goals vs Atletico de Madri
3 goals vs Villareal

Why so much hate bojan?

What hate did you see in my post? Easy to dismiss like that labeling someone. Does Neymar criticism upsets you so? Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

BBZ8800

Griezman

25 goals in the season
3 vs bilbao
1 vs real madrid
Total 4 goals or 16% of his goals

The fact that Atletico creates like what, 2 shots per match, and Barca creates 15-20 deadly 1 vs 1 situations against most of the teams, you won't add that into a calculation.

This topic will always be golden, with insane stats and comparisons from both sides, I have to agree.
A pure gold of a topic and of exaggerations from each side :lol:

JamDav1982

BBZ not looking for you to praise him just be fair which you are not.

You make up these stat passing rules that have never been applied to any Barca player and go on to say you will blame him for trophies not won.

You have been on since April 2014 and never mentioned anything about Messi stat padding. Why not Suarez thread say same thing? Or down play what Pep did in a weak La Liga?

Rules get changed all the time ads to suit the anti Neymar argument.

If you dont like him thats fine and up to you but its going to be hard for you to watch all the great things he does in a Barca strip for the next 7/8 years and keep coming up with excuses as to down play anything he does.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that Atletico creates like what, 2 shots per match, and Barca creates 15-20 deadly 1 vs 1 situations against most of the teams, you won't add that into a calculation.

Nailed it. Now wait for a nervous breakdown because you merely said it like it is.

Icarium

Lifestealer
You are not alone in demanding more from neymar. And it is your opinion to like his style of football or not, no body should force you to like him. And even i don't think he is one of the best brazilian player. At least not at this level. It is just that some of us just don't want you to undermine his success so much, that is pretty much it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans