11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimadridista1

We can't compare Neymar to Messi.
Leo is the most talentend player ever, while Neymar is a great brazilian player with a lot of talent but a clear lack of fortitude and maturity.

His best years are yet to come though, it will be easier for him to be the best when Cristiano and Leo will significantly decline.

Cirre

Banned
he had plenty of opportunity to do that last few games when messi was poor. turns out, neymar is just as poor if not worse.

Nope, not my point at all. As long as Messi is there, then Neymar is nothing more than "Robin" for the "batman" Messi.

El Guaje

messi doesn't have to be off the pitch for neymar to be the go to guy. i don't see messi hurling insults when the ball isn't delivered to him. fact is, neymar has been poor in the business end of the season when he should have been better. same goes for messi but atleast messi has a hell of a lot more credit here.

Yes he does. Messi will always be the leader and go to guy while he is on the pitch. Neymar will still have freedom to do what he wants and get lots of the ball, but as long as Messi is on the pitch, he will always be the one his teammates are looking for in the 1st place.

Fact is that Neymar has demonstrated what he is capable of doing many times while Messi was gone so you cant just write him off like you did. And hes also showed that he can play amazingly well while Messi is on the pitch. See last season KO-stage in CL for example. But never was he the go to guy while Messi was there.

iniesta_8

Let me add.. If Ronnie hadn't actually gotten injured towards the end of the 2nd half of the season in the beginning then Barca most likely would have won the league in his first year at Barca. Ronnie commanded games at such a quality where I'm still waiting for Neymar to do. He was on the right track beginning of this season, but then he decided to revert back. I honestly is somewhat disappointed in Neymar too. Especially when Messi is currently struggling he's suppose to step up and take his place when needed.

We should not even try to compare Neymar with Ronaldinho. Ronnie imo the most talented player football has ever seen. Too bad he also lost focus on football soon after becoming a superstar.. unfortunatley this happens quite often to south-american players..

Last edited:
To be honest, Neymar is also insanely talented. He has the potential to master everything but his progression is wildly erratic.

He's played two months at his peak and reached Messi level back then (circa mid september-november).

Morten

its unfair to compare Neymar with Messi/Ronaldo, they are older and have had much more time to build their reputations. I dont think he will ever match Messi regardless, maybe Ronaldo? Lets see what happens, but for the time beeing, you cant really make comparisons already.

Barcilliant

To be honest, Neymar is also insanely talented. He has the potential to master everything but his progression is wildly erratic.

He's played two months at his peak and reached Messi level back then (circa mid september-november).

He is talented but not as talented as the Brazilians before him.

Rivaldo was a fucking beast and owns Neymar. If Rivaldo was in this team I bet he would have taken us over the line in some of these Cl losses.

Despite us being utter shite during his time he bailed us out many a time.

He also is nowhere near his other compatriots Romario, Ronaldo and Ronnie.

Barcilliant

its unfair to compare Neymar with Messi/Ronaldo, they are older and have had much more time to build their reputations. I dont think he will ever match Messi regardless, maybe Ronaldo? Lets see what happens, but for the time beeing, you cant really make comparisons already.

Neymar has not shown the work ethic or hunger to equal the above two. His temperament is still in question.

Messi and Ronaldo were more mature at his age.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is quite incredible to see people all of sudden coming down really hard on some of our players after Thursday's exit from the CL as if they were just some average players that got overhyped and overblown into where they are today.

Come on people. Calm down. It was a very very saddening loss, I get it. I myself am still fighting depression from that elimination. But it is totally not necessarily to completely bulldoze what we used to think because of events over a matter of TWO WEEKS.

OVER-ANALYZING is getting too boring and more importantly, annoying.

J

Jamie Cal

Can you prove it with examples where pedro played instead of a fully fit MSN, as a starter/substitute
Not a replacement for injury/suspension.
Can I have those examples?

I remember only one where neymar had 2 months of bad form, was rested vs rayo then came back vs sevilla.
Without examples we are just wasting time.
If Nolito is to replace MSN we need to have evidence that MSN have been subbed before by an inferior player.

Othewise Nolito will only play munir minutes (suspesion/injuries/copa del rey)
Or will come to sub a midfielder like pedro did plenty of games hence this will have not solved the problem of lackof rest for msn

You're still missing the point. We need to rotate throughout the season, not JUST in injury or suspension like we have this season.

Wikipedia tells me Pedro played 35 Liga games last season. Obviously he started when Luisito was banned, but that's still only 2-ish months. He was subbed in constantly, to the point Neymar and Suarez would complain that 'i'm the one to be subbed'. He was even subbed on in the CL final for Luisito. It was a totally necessary evil to keep us fresh. Obviously, there's only so long you can keep a sub happy like that, you can only keep a guy in that status for a couple of seasons before going stale.

The whole point is to expand these "Munir minutes", whether MSN like it or not. And by the very act of having Nolito here, someone who Enrique trusts a lot more than Munir or Arda/Raf on the wings, he'll play him more, I guarantee that. We won't sign a player in his pomp for 20 odd million to not play at all.

I'll say it again -- if we think we'll get by next season with MSN + Munir playing the same amount, we'll be out early again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans