11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Cal

Why then buy nolito if he's gonna play munir minutes?
Munir sufficed most of those games right?
How many of those matches did he cause us to be bad and cost us titles?
I thought you were talking of that player who would come on while one of MSN goes to bench in a match because if not:
1. Nolito would just play the minutes Munir would have played. Munir was enough for us to win those games with a few exceptions maybe.
So extra money spent to improve our 3-0 with munir to 5-0 with nolito
2. MSN still plays the same number of minutes, because none of them gets subbed for a way inferior player.
4. Nolito rots on the bench.
Only finds joy those few times msn get injured,suspended (playing munir role)
Or when lucho subs him instead of a midfielder hence no rest for MSN
Last season I only remember it happen once. Neymar got rested for pedro after two months of bad form. And that didnt go well
2. Due to 1. Nolito would either be played less frequently affecting his form. Or we would pull a pedro and sub him in as a fourth forward

Pedro was subbed on constantly and they were, especially Neymar, constantly moaning about being subbed. It's become a power struggle at Barca.

He wouldn't play Munir minutes, he would play a lot more than Munir because he's more reliable than Munir. We've hardly played Munir in a game where it wasn't either a throwaway, or necessity through suspension. And it's not Munir OR Nolito, it's both, we need options.

The whole point is that MSN need to acknowledge by the manager that they need to rest from time to time to do it in the big games, whether that means being substituted or not starting some lesser games. If they play the same amount of minutes by this time next year for next season, we won't win the CL.

gasgas

Pedro was subbed on constantly and they were, especially Neymar, constantly moaning about being subbed. It's become a power struggle at Barca.

He wouldn't play Munir minutes, he would play a lot more than Munir because he's more reliable than Munir. We've hardly played Munir in a game where it wasn't either a throwaway, or necessity through suspension. And it's not Munir OR Nolito, it's both, we need options.

The whole point is that MSN need to acknowledge by the manager that they need to rest from time to time to do it in the big games, whether that means being substituted or not starting some lesser games. If they play the same amount of minutes by this time next year for next season, we won't win the CL.

Can you prove it with examples where pedro played instead of a fully fit MSN, as a starter/substitute
Not a replacement for injury/suspension.
Can I have those examples?

I remember only one where neymar had 2 months of bad form, was rested vs rayo then came back vs sevilla.
Without examples we are just wasting time.
If Nolito is to replace MSN we need to have evidence that MSN have been subbed before by an inferior player.

Othewise Nolito will only play munir minutes (suspesion/injuries/copa del rey)
Or will come to sub a midfielder like pedro did plenty of games hence this will have not solved the problem of lackof rest for msn

serghei

He was just as bad as Messi. Sport noted them both with 3, the lowest grades from our team. And rightfully so.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He was just as bad as Messi. Sport noted them both with 3, the lowest grades from our team. And rightfully so.

Yeah well, he's 24 and had way more days to rest than Messi, so what's his fucking excuse ?

I wanted to kill myself yesterday seeing him run towards our own goal with 20min to go, or get into the fighting games of ATM 10min from being knocked out !

What a massive let down Ney ! :(

Devils

This guy has been absolutely atrocious. I can't even remember the last time I commented on him because he hasn't done anything useful is such a long time.

What's up with these younger top class talents these days? Players like Neymar, Hazard, James and Gotze all seem to claim the spotlight of the football world and then just throw it away and go to shit.

dakt

I cannot say I'm disappointed in him, since for some reasons I did not have huge expectations. Sorry to say, but he never stroke me as very mature and responsible person. I'm sure he's good kid though.
But, I had my hopes when he showed up after Messi's injury. Now he's back in my "doubt zone". Hope he'll show up again. Till then, doesn't deserve what ever he requires from a new contract with Barca.

JackaL

I think most of the criticism stems from his marketing persona rather than his performance. This guy is made to be a superstar just as Messi and others are. What probably doesn't fit in with culés is his marketing. He is more of a CR than a Messi! I think he had a great performance when Messi was injured and you have to give him that. I wouldn't blame him for yesterday's game although we should be expecting much more.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
This guy has been absolutely atrocious. I can't even remember the last time I commented on him because he hasn't done anything useful is such a long time.

What's up with these younger top class talents these days? Players like Neymar, Hazard, James and Gotze all seem to claim the spotlight of the football world and then just throw it away and go to shit.

"And then I said, I want 20M/year and they're gonna agree to it, let's celebrate !!"

fotonoticia_20160310152013_980.jpg

BarçaBarça

Yeah well, he's 24 and had way more days to rest than Messi, so what's his fucking excuse ?

I wanted to kill myself yesterday seeing him run towards our own goal with 20min to go, or get into the fighting games of ATM 10min from being knocked out !

What a massive let down Ney ! :(

Juanfran played very well against him. Neymar is still learning how to cope with opposition kicking him every time he gets past a defender. I actually think he has matured in this respect, by complaining way less than he used to, and concentrating on continuing the game/not getting affected. Against ATM that did not work for him, because Juanfran cleverly kicked him/irritated him in every way possible throughout the game. It resulted in Neymar actually deserving a red card because of frustration, and that could decide the game in their favour, so he should really work on that.

Barcilliant

He is talented but fucking lazy and distracted by all this social media, partying bullshit.

Will probably end up like Adriano or Robinho.

No way will he hit the heights of Ronnie.

BBZ8800

He is talented but fucking lazy and distracted by all this social media, partying bullshit.

Will probably end up like Adriano or Robinho.

No way will he hit the heights of Ronnie.

I was a huge Neymar hater in his first season here, because I thought that he isn't worth 100-ish Millions, huge wages, scandals about his transfers, court trials for Barca regarding his transfer etc.
His 1st season was very mediocre and nowhere near a 100M transfer-tag.
In his 2nd season, he played like a boss and a lot of his haters started to love him.
This season, an absolute let-down (at least in my eyes), and I don't care whether or not we will win La Liga (of course that I want our win), but his (possible) good plays in the last rounds of La liga won't neutralize what he "did" (or didn't do) in a Champions league.

So, in 3 seasons here, our most expensive in our whole history:
1. had 1 awesome season
2. and 2 seasons where he played like a random 40M guy, and not a 100M guy

If his next season will be like this one, a lot of people will start to call for his sale to PSG or City, and for us to buy some other, random 40-50-80M winger who want play much weaker than him, but who will show tons of spirit and hunger on the field.

I am currently extremely sad and pissed, because I have watched all of Barca's Champions league episodes since 1994 till today.
And once again, in 15 out of these 20 years, we were always "only a Barca", one of the best 4-5 teams in Europe (like Bayern, Real, Atletico today).
What I am trying to say is we were never clear favorites and much stronger than our opponents on paper, as we are currently.

In 90s we had Figo, Rivaldo and Kluivert, then a bunch of no-name players in early 00s.
Then only Ronaldinho. Then Ronaldinho and Etoo alone versus the whole world.
Then Ronaldinho, Etoo and a teenager Messi versus the whole world, who won a CL in 2006.

Before Messi, we were NEVER the current Barca, who is a clear favorite in almost every CL in the last 5-10 years (at least in my eyes).

And now, my "problem" is:
1. NOT ONLY that we still have the one and only Messi, without whom our life will never be the same (who will be gone, as a player, soon)
2. we also managed to buy 2 Messi-helpers in Neymar and Suarez, who are with Cr7 in Top5 players in the world.

So, my problem is: we have Messi and in total 3 players out of 5 best players in the world, currently in our team, and we perform like a f***ing shit.
After the last season, I honestly believed that we will win 2-3 CL titles in the next 4-5 years in Messi's final years, and with world-superstars Neymar and Suarez.
And then, we get this shit.

I mean, I respect Atletico, but we didn't even lose to Bayern or Real.
We looked totally toothless against Atletico :rolleyes:

Others may disagree, but on paper, this is THE STRONGEST Barca's team in our history (equal to Messi-Xavi-Iniesta in their prime).

So, personally, after 20 years of watching Barca, and remembering seasons in 90s and early 00s, when we honestly weren't too strong, and we were always losing to Real or similar (stronger) teams.
I am extremely pissed when we are the best in the world, and we are letting go so many titles away.
We won't be this strong in 5 or 10 years, surely... (Messi will be gone, we will have much less money for transfers, La Masia will not be a golden egg anymore, especially with new FIFA's rules regarding foreign kids etc)
And we are ruining our best years in a history like this.

And before someone jumps and says: but no team ever won 2 CLs in a row.
Well, lol to that reply guys.
NO TEAM ever had Messi in their team, for the beginning. How can you won against Messi for 2 years in a row, for the beginning?
Also, no team ever had MSN in their team.

Which team could have a CL twice?
= only Galacticos in 2000's and Barca under Pep and under Lucho.

No disrespect to anyone, but Bayern, Juve and similar teams were never AS strong as we are.

Anyway, sorry for a long rant, but I am extremely pissed at Neymar currently.
Messi, well he is a crap currently also, but he at least has a lot of credit, since he already brought us 4 CL titles, in 2009, 2011, 2015 and somewhat in 2006.
Ney contributed in a title of 2015.

But again, if he will continue with his current displays in the 2016/17 season, then I am done with him.
He is worth 100 Millions, and asks for a 20M wage.

Well, Neyboy, you will need to offer much more on the field.
On Instagram and Twitter, you are a world class, you deserved your world-class status there.
The clock is ticking for you.
Currently, you are leaning much more to continue in Adriano's (Inter's Adriano, not our Adriano) or late-Ronaldinho's footsteps, than to turn into a footballing legend who will be the best player in the world for years in a row.

Try to learn something from mistakes of your fellow countrymen, until it's too late for your career:

what would he have to do to hit ronnie's level then?

Have at least 3 world class seasons in a row in our shirt.
He currently has an average season, a world class season and an average season.

Ronnie was awesome in PSG.
Then he ALONE played a one-man-show in a 2003/04 (we didn't have Etoo, Messi, Larsson or anyone back then) where he guided our team from a bottom table to almost a title in the 2nd part of the season, with 10-11 wins in a row, in an extremely poor Barca's side back then.
In 2005, Ronnie and Etoo alone won La Liga, and we lost unluckily to Mou's Chelsea in a CL.
In 2006, Ronnie-Etoo-Messi won a CL after 14 years of misery.
He was still somewhat ok in 2007, after that he lost it.

Here is Ronnie from 2003-2004, in a very, very crappy Barca's team:

Now, compare his plays and dribbles to Neys. And motivation...
Or, better don't, honestly...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans