11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

But that is not what happening here, you can see that la liga is improving over the last 5-6 years. It improved a lot actually. Bilbao, sevilla, atletico achievements in europe showed that much.

It is explained above.
Nobody is denying that top 5-6 La liga teams are better and better in Europe.
(That is irrelevant to this debate)

The difference between top 2 and bottom teams causes 6:0 and 8:0 results (and thus waaaay more goals over 38 rounds).
Teams played attackingly even 10 or 20 years ago.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

BBZ is contradicting his previous arguments. He used too say yes neymar's goals arent all that because we beat minnows 6-0 but then goes on to show how neymar scores just about the same n big games :w000t: meaning his goals are all that :w000t:

I was saying that because there are more goals in general, so=it is easier to score today (in general).

When I checked player by player numbers, Ney is actually scoring equally against big and small teams, just like Ronnie and Etoo used to do.
While Messi and CR7 are statpading in smaller matches.

Barcalove

Banned
I was saying that because there are more goals in general, so=it is easier to score today (in general).

When I checked player by player numbers, Ney is actually scoring equally against big and small teams, just like Ronnie and Etoo used to do.
While Messi and CR7 are statpading in smaller matches.
How many goals neymas has against top 10 and the lower table?

lessthanjake

All players from today are statpading in terms how it is much easier to win 6:0 in most of matches today, because the difference between top and bottom teams is larger.
So, instead of word statpading, we should probably say that today is much easier to score a lot of league goals in general.

About classic statpading, you are right.
Neymar isn't statpading against small teams.
Messi and CR7 are.
In that part, I shouldn't say that Ney is statpading.

But my claim stands that 30 league goals from today are not better than 20, and especially not from 25 league goals from 2005, for example.

So, we should say that Ney is awesome and try to compare him with players from the current era.
We should leave Ronnie, Etoo and Rivaldo out of this.

Perhaps it is relatively easier for Barcelona to score against bottom teams these days because Barcelona is a better team than it was. And maybe Barcelona is a better team than it was because it has better players than it used to.

That makes your whole argument make no sense. You are trying to say that players today are not as good as they may look because it is easier to score these days. But it is easier for these top teams to score these days because the players are better.

You are taking the effect of good players and saying that it is evidence that they aren't good. It's nonsensical.

F

Flavia

I thought he'd miss that. Great goal. He was invisible in the 1st half, improved slightly in the 2nd, then lost his head a bit, but what a goal.

CatalinR10

Bad first half , 2'nd half was better . In the second half he had some amazing dribbles but then he got cocky and tryied too hard to dribble past everyone. If this was some random game in la liga I wouldn't even care that he scored in the final minute , it would have been a bad performance overall but this was against Bayern in the CL semis. Thank you for not fucking up in the end.

Stric

I thought he'd miss that. Great goal. He was invisible in the 1st half, improved slightly in the 2nd, then lost his head a bit, but what a goal.

Me too. But I'm glad he scored. :) I was going to praise him at some point during the game, regarding his dribbles, but at that exact point he missed that beautiful diagonal chance. :(

dakt

Shitty 1st half but what a comeback in 2nd. Please, please, fucking please continue like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans