11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jägermeister

I really hope for him to have an awesome game tonight. Maybe Pep really focuses too much on Messi and it's Neymar's time to shine :)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
So, I've finally caught up with the Neymar thread from last night. I've seen some ridiculous things, but as I don't have infinite time, I'm going to have to concentrate on BBZ as he was the most consistent poster of questionable content.

BBZ, you state that you believe that Neymar is in the top 5 players in the world, and yet you criticise him more than any other Barca player, or rather try to undermine his achievements and quash any praise that he may get. Your reasons for doing this are that he is 'overhyped', and 'overrated'. YOU think that Neymar is in the top 5 players in the world, but as everybody else is overhyping him, I guess that means the rest of Barcaforum believes that he is in the top 3 players in the world, maybe even top 2? This is simply not true. So basically, your definition of overhyping is the view of many that 'Neymar has had a great season, 30+ goals is a fantastic achievement, he will only get better'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see this a overhyping, I think that is quite a sensible review of his season and seems to be the general consensus on here.

You continue to make the 'stat-padding' argument, claiming his goals are false as Barca score more goals than they used to, presumably as the gap is now bigger between the top and bottom teams. You completely disregard (and ridicule) somebody else's post who points out that half of Neymar's goals have come against top opposition (which kills your stat-padding argument that is solely used for Neymar), and ignore the fact that he very, very rarely takes free kicks and penalties. When he does score one of the few free kicks he takes, it doesn't count as it isn't from open play. I won't go into cup goals as they are completely pointless to you. I mean, who even wants to win the Copa del Rey? It's only another trophy.

You always feel the need to compare players. You keep bringing up Eto'o, who is a legend but completely irrelevant to the argument. Someone may say 'Neymar has done well this year in scoring 30+ goals' and you would chip in with your stat-padding argument and say that he cannot be compared to Eto'o (which nobody is doing apart from yourself!), it is disrepectul to compare him to Eto'o and say that Eto'o scored less but is a better goalscorer. You have started this Suarez vs Neymar poll to try and divide the fans and undermine Neymar, yet nobody has said that Neymar is better than Suarez (or if they have very few have). Yes, Suarez is a better player than Neymar (at the moment) and so he deserves to win the poll, but is that any shame for Neymar? No. Messi is a far better player than Suarez, but does that make Suarez a bad player or a waste of money? No.

Finally, and now we're to the good part. You have said that, if Barca win the Champions League, Neymar is a legend in your eyes, immune from criticism. If Barca don't win the Champions League, you and many others will hate on Neymar more vociferously. I think that is the most ludicrous thing I have seen on this forum. I'm going to create a couple of completely hypothetical situations for you.

Scenario 1
Champions League Final. 3rd minute of injury time. The score is 2-2, Neymar scored both our goals and has been MOTM. He runs in to the box and is taken down by Carvajal for a penalty. Up steps Messi to win us the trophy... he misses. Real go up the other end and Ronaldo scores the winner.

Scenario 2
67th minute. The score is 0-0. Neymar has played dreadfully, and is subbed off for Pedro. Pedro inspires a Barca comeback and sets up the winner for us to win 1-0. Barca win the Champions League.

So you're telling me that in Scenario 1, Neymar receives endless hatred, abuse and criticism, us losing is his fault. And yet Scenario 2, Neymar is a Barca legend and cannot be touched? I know my examples are a bit extreme, but I'm just trying to point out to you how ridiculous it is of you to judge Neymar's peformances and status at Barca based on whether we win the Champions League, when it could hinge on something that is completely out of his control (like somebody missing a sitter or a penalty).

I feel as though I have aged 5 years writing this, but I feel obliged to defend a Barca player who, in my opinion, receives far too much criticism.

just quoting it on the next page

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I really hope for him to have an awesome game tonight. Maybe Pep really focuses too much on Messi and it's Neymar's time to shine :)

I really really hope so, if Neymar is also on form (I think suarez & messi will be!) then our chances increase drastically, otherwise bayern's job becomes too easy, he needs to bring hell on them in that left wing !

G

Gasgas

So, I've finally caught up with the Neymar thread from last night. I've seen some ridiculous things, but as I don't have infinite time, I'm going to have to concentrate on BBZ as he was the most consistent poster of questionable content.

BBZ, you state that you believe that Neymar is in the top 5 players in the world, and yet you criticise him more than any other Barca player, or rather try to undermine his achievements and quash any praise that he may get. Your reasons for doing this are that he is 'overhyped', and 'overrated'. YOU think that Neymar is in the top 5 players in the world, but as everybody else is overhyping him, I guess that means the rest of Barcaforum believes that he is in the top 3 players in the world, maybe even top 2? This is simply not true. So basically, your definition of overhyping is the view of many that 'Neymar has had a great season, 30+ goals is a fantastic achievement, he will only get better'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see this a overhyping, I think that is quite a sensible review of his season and seems to be the general consensus on here.

You continue to make the 'stat-padding' argument, claiming his goals are false as Barca score more goals than they used to, presumably as the gap is now bigger between the top and bottom teams. You completely disregard (and ridicule) somebody else's post who points out that half of Neymar's goals have come against top opposition (which kills your stat-padding argument that is solely used for Neymar), and ignore the fact that he very, very rarely takes free kicks and penalties. When he does score one of the few free kicks he takes, it doesn't count as it isn't from open play. I won't go into cup goals as they are completely pointless to you. I mean, who even wants to win the Copa del Rey? It's only another trophy.

You always feel the need to compare players. You keep bringing up Eto'o, who is a legend but completely irrelevant to the argument. Someone may say 'Neymar has done well this year in scoring 30+ goals' and you would chip in with your stat-padding argument and say that he cannot be compared to Eto'o (which nobody is doing apart from yourself!), it is disrepectul to compare him to Eto'o and say that Eto'o scored less but is a better goalscorer. You have started this Suarez vs Neymar poll to try and divide the fans and undermine Neymar, yet nobody has said that Neymar is better than Suarez (or if they have very few have). Yes, Suarez is a better player than Neymar (at the moment) and so he deserves to win the poll, but is that any shame for Neymar? No. Messi is a far better player than Suarez, but does that make Suarez a bad player or a waste of money? No.

Finally, and now we're to the good part. You have said that, if Barca win the Champions League, Neymar is a legend in your eyes, immune from criticism. If Barca don't win the Champions League, you and many others will hate on Neymar more vociferously. I think that is the most ludicrous thing I have seen on this forum. I'm going to create a couple of completely hypothetical situations for you.

Scenario 1
Champions League Final. 3rd minute of injury time. The score is 2-2, Neymar scored both our goals and has been MOTM. He runs in to the box and is taken down by Carvajal for a penalty. Up steps Messi to win us the trophy... he misses. Real go up the other end and Ronaldo scores the winner.

Scenario 2
67th minute. The score is 0-0. Neymar has played dreadfully, and is subbed off for Pedro. Pedro inspires a Barca comeback and sets up the winner for us to win 1-0. Barca win the Champions League.

So you're telling me that in Scenario 1, Neymar receives endless hatred, abuse and criticism, us losing is his fault. And yet Scenario 2, Neymar is a Barca legend and cannot be touched? I know my examples are a bit extreme, but I'm just trying to point out to you how ridiculous it is of you to judge Neymar's peformances and status at Barca based on whether we win the Champions League, when it could hinge on something that is completely out of his control (like somebody missing a sitter or a penalty).

I feel as though I have aged 5 years writing this, but I feel obliged to defend a Barca player who, in my opinion, receives far too much criticism.
This quote should be saved for future use every time the thread takes the well known turn :pep:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You quoted same post in two consecutive pages.
Stop spamming and make your own post if you have something to say.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Yeah one quote of that post in this page is enough.

Though tbf that Ekuk is just won the internet in my book :)

BBZ8800

This quote should be saved for future use every time the thread takes the well known turn :pep:

You and some fans are now trolling, but ok.

I avoided posting because we were going in circles forever, but here you go, no problem.
This should be a proof how La liga is not a statpading contest?

Lol, a good one.
Messi against Top10 teams=12 Goals
Messi against bottom 10 teams=28 Goals

Cristiano Ronaldo:
Cr7 against top10 teams=16 goals
Cr7 againts bottom 10 teams=26 goals

Ney's numbers are actually very good in that area, and he is scoring more or less equal against top10 and bottom 10 teams, unlike Messi and Cr7.

Further, a fact how Ney scores equally against all teams, doesn't change the fact how La liga in general (or bottom 8-10 teams) became a statpading contest in general for ultra rich Barca and Real compared to 10-20 years ago.
In that sense, it is hard to compare goals ratio from any current Barca/Real players with any Barca/Real player from 1995 or 2005.

You always feel the need to compare players. You keep bringing up Eto'o, who is a legend but completely irrelevant to the argument. Someone may say 'Neymar has done well this year in scoring 30+ goals' and you would chip in with your stat-padding argument and say that he cannot be compared to Eto'o (which nobody is doing apart from yourself!), it is disrepectul to compare him to Eto'o and say that Eto'o scored less but is a better goalscorer.

Yeah, right, lol, I have introduced Etoo to this topic...

A lot of people in the old thread were posting things like:
= no player who played with Messi managed to score 30 Goals, Henry, Villa, etc
-- and lots of similar posts

Or posts from the beginning of the new thread like:
30 goals this season. Shows how ridiculous all this criticism has been. Prior to Messi and Ronaldo era that would be regarded as a phenomenal goal tally.

And now you see, Ney's numbers are in fact ok, because he is not statpading against weakest teams, but in generals, numbers of scored goals from Barca, Real, Messi, CR7 and most of our players are usually inflated because of statpading influence. Or that in general, it is far easier to score goals today in La liga than 10-20 years ago. So you have to look at stats with some caution.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
What is the point in comparing? The fact is right now we have an excellent goal scoring left winger who will only get better. I wouldn't want any other LW in the team. I don't see what there is to dislike about Neymar...

BBZ8800

What is the point in comparing? The fact is right now we have an excellent goal scoring left winger who will only get better. I wouldn't want any other LW in the team. I don't see what there is to dislike about Neymar...

The others side of the story is: probably a lot of neyhate posts wouldn't be here if neylovers wouldn't post things (comparing him) how he is better (according to stats) than any Barca's attacker in the last 5, 10 or 20 years.

And a lot of posters posted similar things.

So, again, a part which I will never understand:
1. when someone overhails our player, Ney in this case=it is not a problem
2. when someone else replies, and say that the current La liga is different, and that because of that Ney or current players can't be better than Etoo (who is also BARCA's legend, not some Real's or Chelsea's player)=suddenly that IS more or less a huge problem (hailing a former player on the expense of the current favorite player)

I told you, people are biased towards current players.

Saying that Ney is NOT better than Etoo or that the current numbers are much different that numbers from the past, and people get offended.
I have exaggerated sometimes, that is true.

But even a simple post like:
Etoo is better than Ney or Ney's numbers can't be compared to Etoo's, so 30 goals today are not better from 25 goals back then=and people jump as if you killed someone, lol

Kohe321

Hey, can't we all just be friends?

2367787_full-lnd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans