11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Cal

Other than the bad finish (which was ruled offside anyway), I thought he was electric. He was the guy making it happen in the first half especially, his movement and use of the ball was fantastic.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He definitely improved.
Next season he will need to give more than 6 months and cut his shannanegins if he means seriously about Barca and his own legacy.

Hope he makes that final step.

M

Messi+Eto

Meh, so so game, which is an upgrade to his previous horrific games but still meh.
I'd say "here's hoping for a better next season" but with the summer tournament and more partying I don't see that happening.

Time to swap for verratti.

Veratti for Neymar? . . .
You know cricket can be fun, golf too. . .

I just realized something when I was driving back home .. that sums up how I feel about Neymar.

Basically, in 50 years, every story book about Barça will talk about Messi as a one in the club's lifetime legend, Neymar will just be a good player that played alongside him during a few seasons ..

I think all this disappointment for me at least comes from too high expectations, some here still have those (that he'll be our future Messi .. lel), but truth be told he doesn't have what it takes in term of personality to last as long or go as high or even be consistently just "good", Neymar will not be an eternal barça legend, just a very very good players that played here for X years.

There isn't a single player playing today with the exception of Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta that I believe will go down as an all time great. Outside of those 3, a "very very good player" is the best there is. As things stand, Neymar is most likely to be our star player (not to mention best in the world) years down the line as Messi ages and retires. He's without a doubt the best player in his age bracket.

i always vouch for him always will..the only thing that keeps me less scared about post-messi's barcelona.. reckles in 90 minutes today.. he was right in the middle if their shit.. haha.. i love you neymar

Yup, post-Messi, we will most likely need to build the team around him.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

There isn't a single player playing today with the exception of Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta that I believe will go down as an all time great

At what point is Suarez not in that bracket? He's been far and away the best striker in the world for 3 years now. So many crucial goals and assists, dragged an absolutely awful Liverpool team as far as possible, 3 leagues he's broke 30 goals, even with his World Cup exist he was still incredible in the group stage. It surely says it all that he's the first guy to beat Messi and Ronaldo out for goals.

BBZ8800

Yup, post-Messi, we will most likely need to build the team around him.

Neymar as a leader and a team built around him?
My vote: the worst Barca in the last 20 years.

Neymar is good for being a little helper for Messi, Suarez, Ronaldinho, young Henry and true leaders and big match one-man-show players

Unless if he improves drastically in a psychological area in the future, but I won't hold my breath about that idea.

What exactly has Neymar done till now so that we should build our team around him, as a future leader?
Only his pricetag, wages and social media status implies that we should build a team around him.

Build a team around Ney, and you'll get a Brasilian NT.
A good team.
Not good enough for any major trophy.
A team that will play hot and cold all the time, just like their leader, Ney.
And Ney will very often let your team down in key moments due to fights, incidents, red cards.

But if you turn Ney into a little helper for big boys like Messi or Suarez, then you have a useful player.
Even though, even then it is questionable whether he is a 50M useful player, 100M or 150M useful player.

But a Barca built around Neymar, as a key player and something like Ronnie from 10 years ago or Messi in the last 10 years, lol, please no.

Even though, younger and Brasilian fans would like to see Ney as the next Messi, the more as the time goes by, I see him exactly as "a helper", like Deco, Etoo and similar guys.
He is awesome as a part of a world class team.
But him alone, as a leader of a world class team is not good enough for that role.

(The same as Etoo. He is awesome alongside our brain, Ronaldinho.
But Etoo alone without Ronnie can't bring us trophies.)

That's how I see Ney.
And again, the more time goes by, it seems that more and more fans will have similar feelings.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

20 assists this season, his goalscoring hasn't been as good as last year, but in terms of creating (chances for others) he has greatly improved this season

anguy

Neymar is good for being a little helper for Messi, Suarez, Ronaldinho, young Henry and true leaders and big match one-man-show players

Unless if he improves drastically in a psychological area in the future, but I won't hold my breath about that idea.

What exactly has Neymar done till now so that we should build our team around him, as a future leader?
Only his pricetag, wages and social media status implies that we should build a team around him.

Build a team around Ney, and you'll get a Brasilian NT.
A good team.
Not good enough for any major trophy.

Dude, it was Neymar who carried the team when Messi was injured. He destroyed Real when Messi was sitting on bench. He was our best player in first half of season. He also drastically improved his playmaking and teamwork this year. And to say Brazilian team is merely good (not great), because of Neymar is nonsense. That team is merely good, because other players are crap.

At what point is Suarez not in that bracket? He's been far and away the best striker in the world for 3 years now. So many crucial goals and assists, dragged an absolutely awful Liverpool team as far as possible, 3 leagues he's broke 30 goals, even with his World Cup exist he was still incredible in the group stage. It surely says it all that he's the first guy to beat Messi and Ronaldo out for goals.

Either way, the fact of the matter is there are very few players playing today who deserve to be considered for that bracket. There's certainly no one around Neymar's age who looks to be worthy of it (that includes Neymar himself, who is easily the most talented in his age bracket).

Last edited:

Batistuta9

Suarez has been better than neymar this year, nobody can argue with that. Everyone expects more from neymar though because he has a higher ceiling than Suarez which he showed from october-december. His challenge is to to show that form consistently.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Cig5t8-WkAANCo_.jpg:large

Darko

He has improved overall as a player, we saw that in the first half of the season. But in the second he pulled a Fabregas and there is no room for that at Barca.
So I'd say he's had an average campaign, hope he stays consistent next season instead of fading as he did in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans