11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

As he desperately acts cool and wannabe gangsta so he betrays himself and his hate with those comments. I can only imagine what he privately thinks of fans.

Desperately? Hahaha. Did you read the comments? And know it was about a part of the br press? I actually don't even know what you're criticizing him about, this time. Anything goes.

Ney is the on-pitch leader and vastly more effective and talented than anyone else for Brazil. His attitude warrants some criticism but he'll always be the boss of his NT regardless.

Unless Thiago Silva is called up again. That's the litmus test for Tite. A 4 year old would get that one right.

Total-Football

i couldn't care less if he was a clown, a criminal , or the pope himself OUTSIDE the pitch .. what matters is what he delivers Inside the pitch , and he does a great job for Fc Bacelona so far .. great news if he's renewing , when you build a squad for the futur, you build it around a forward ( messi , CR , henry , ronaldinho etcs .. ) Neymar should be the pivot of whatever plan we have for the future.

BBZ8800

i couldn't care less if he was a clown, a criminal , or the pope himself OUTSIDE the pitch .. what matters is what he delivers Inside the pitch , and he does a great job for Fc Bacelona so far .. great news if he's renewing , when you build a squad for the futur, you build it around a forward ( messi , CR , henry , ronaldinho etcs .. ) Neymar should be the pivot of whatever plan we have for the future.

I don't care about Messi being a fraud as long as Messi is Messi.
If Raki would have idiotic posts or instagram photos, who cares, as long as he plays and works hard.

But, you see, half of Barca's fans think that Neymar is the 3rd best player in the world, our future leader, the next big thing, the next big everything.
Other half (or whatever percentage of our fans) already have huge doubts over Neymar's Barca's career or about his potential (his potential ruined by his celebrity persona and off field distractions).

So, in short, to understand both sides of the story, there are fans:
1. who think that Ney is the next Ballon D Or winner
2. plus, since he is so good and he will bring us tons of trophies, those fans don't care about his off field controversies

On the other hand, you have Barca's fans:
1. who don't think that his on field impact is as good as some think, and we expected way more for him
2. especially when we paid 100+ Millions on wages, on court's penalties, to his dad, Ney's insane wages and new improved wages
3. add to everything that if we had to pick the most annoying Barca's player or who does the highest amount of mistakes which we wouldn't like to see (fighting with everyone, provoking everyone, acting like a dick in general, idiotisms on instagram and everywhere, partying too hard)

So, you see, I DO think that Messi is also a fraud regarding taxes.
But since he is delivering on a field, I don't care about him being a fraud too much currently.

You see, Suarez has bitten people in the past.
That's horrible.
But since he has improved in that area, since he hasn't caused new problems and since he is so devoted on a field, we don't care about his mistakes too much currently.

About Ney, it is explained above.
And there is no need to entering the same old debate all the time where one side will say:
1. but he is the best young player in the world
2. tell me, who is better than him as a LW?
3. he is future Ballon D Or winner after Messi's and CR7' era

While others will reply:
1. he has awesome matches, Months and moments
But his first season was average.
His 2nd season was in general the best, even though he had a huge 2-3 Months spring break in League matches in a key part of a season.
In the 3rd season, he let down our team (at least that is my opinion) AGAIN in La liga during his spring break, but this time he has let team down even in a key CL matches.
So, you see, in eyes of some of us, he had one awesome season (2nd one, but even then he had a Fabregas-esque spring form, at least in La Liga).
In other 2 seasons he was just meh, with meh 1st season, and a 3rd season where he was awesome in autumn and invisible (due to mental reasons, partying too hard, lack of motivation) in spring.

In shortest, this is a problem with Neymar by some of us, I guess.
1. highest transfer fee in our history
2. on a field his seasons are hot and cold till now
3. off the field he is approaching a level of Cr7 and other clowns

And even if he was the most humble guy off the field, like Xavi or Puyol, I still wouldn't be pleased with his displays in Barca in these 3 seasons, considering that we invested already 200 Millions in him over 3 seasons.

200 Millions invested in Neymar is one of the reasons why we don't have (too much) money today for a RB, Cbs, LB or a 4th striker of a better quality.

Last edited:

dakt

You can speak about his potential all you want, even though I don't understand what that means since he's already 24, but I just don't have faith in Neymar.
I have a feeling like he's gonna flop big time in the near future. He strikes me as non-professional, irresponsible teenager, not fully focused on what he does the best.

Kuchi

Is it just me, or Ney has to become our next "legend" and it's either that or he's considered a flop.

He is a very talented player, scored important goals in critical moments, great entertainer and proved his brilliance as a scorer and creator, even though alternating on and off form.

Expecting the kid to behave like Messi is just unreal, take a step back and re-calibrate on Messi's "standard", because that standard is the best in football history.

Not meaning to start a quarrel, I believe Ney is a great addition and he's yet to go into his prime, even though brazilian prime is sometimes shorter.

Trickykid

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]
Not that I'm interested in yet another pointless back and forth in regards to Neymar, but one thing I find funny is your persistent argument that a big portion of the forum is against him and knows what a joke he is. Well, according to the Ney/Pogba swap poll, there are currently more than 76% of the voters who doesn't want to let go of the Brazilian - and this, interestingly enough, entails favoring him ahead of Pogba, whom many of you hail as the second coming of Christ and basically a must transfer if we're to avoid turning into another AC Milan in the near future.
All this goes to show, obviously, is that the most radical and extreme opinions aren't necessarily shared by the majority, but rather the few who yell the loudest and most persistent...

About Neymar, tons of pages were written on his topic.
Go there and read about him whether he was a joke or not this spring.
Lots, but seriously LOTS of fans from this forum thought the same in the last few Months, especially since he had a drop in form for two springs in a row already.

This was in response to me arguing that Neymar isn't a joke (your actual wording):
Go to his thread.
Huge amount of posters don't agree with you.
You are 200 pages late in that debate.

Perhaps it's about time you reevaluate this argument?

vlad

also the fact is that neymar in barca for 3 seasons, he played great for only one season (when i say great i mean as expected because he is most expensive player in the world), and this is not the same season, its first half of this one and second half of season last year, so his big problem is inconsistency, about his lifestyle, i dont care, just deliver on the pitch and do what you want out of it.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
If we buy Gabriel Jesus than will Gabriel wear 100% Neymar on his forehead and Neymar 100% Jesus? Or Neymar'll go all grumpy?

Kuchi

"Kid", "addition"? He's 24 and will play his 4th season here (if he stays) in 2 months.

Technically you're right, but to me he feels like a kid and an addition, as the core of our team (Iniesta, Dani, Busi, Pique, Masche, Lio) seem to have been here since 1899.

Nvm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans