11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Sorry for old quotes, guys...

I still think that you were sleeping or away from this forum in key Months of this season when we lost 10 points in La liga and got kicked out by Atletico.
But, I'll take 30 minutes now, I'll go back to those pages from this topic and I'll post opinions from some senior users from this forum (from those days).

Anyway, here we go (not all posts, of course, just negative posts from some well-known Barcaforum members):
April:
:lol:

Neymar has been underwhelming ever since the Bernabau Clasico in November. He finally had a decent half against a good team again yesterday, so I can see why people are overreacting. His finishing is still an absolute joke and to not get that header on goal at this level is unacceptable. He just can't score these days, I swear.

Really? :lol:

Don't even know if I can't be bothered, but come on, man. Since December he has been showing up here and there in some games against the likes of Sociedad, Bilbao, Valencia etc, but he has been looking uninspired most of the time and especially in some of the big games against Atletico (league), Arsenal, Real Madrid, Sevilla etc.

What's his excuse for looking dead tired and playing sub par? He didn't play last qualifier for Brazil and returned earlier to Barcelona.

When was the last time he ad a decent match? Today he was horrible!

He's gone into Horrormar full mode since I don't know when. Did he play more than two or three good games in 2016 ?!

Every time you see Neymar get the ball, you know he's going to cut inside and run the ball back towards our own goal. It's fucking stupid. 1-2 with iniesta, 1-2 with alba... Nooooooooooooooo...

"Cut inside, give the ball away - that's the Neymar way."

Oh man...not going well for him at all. Completely predictable and one dimensional.

Seems like two different players played for us in the first half of the season vs now. Where have you gone, first half of season Neymar Jr?

Today he reverted back to his old self, treating Sociedad like a bunch of playground scrubs he was going to boss, rather than release the ball quickly, trust his teammates and make runs.

After a CL knockout:
Absolute shit. That's all. Now fuck off and solve your tax problems or whatever it is that's bothering you off the pitch, you immature greedy prick.

Fuck him, he's lost all the concentration right before the most important part of the season.

No worries, surely a birthday party is incoming to take his mind off things.

Bravo Neyney, MR I want 20M/year ... clap clap clap.

poor mans ronaldinho

Of course they have a point, he's been thinking about everything but football in the last 3 months...

I could have some sympathy if it was because his legal troubles, but his lifestyle speaks louder if you ask me...

Of course they do have a point, this £**% was on Snapchat till 2 am the night prior to Clasico, and again the same prior to first leg against ATM for 2 back to back birthday parties of one of the useless guys of his entourage, with party in between in Brazil instead of using that expulsion from Brazil to come back home.

Didn't say anything because I was gonna be trashed by everyone again and called hater, let him the benefit of the doubt and answer on the pitch.

He didn't, he can go wherever he wants this summer if this is the new Neymar, BYE fucking BYE !

we are merciless with criticism for messi after a poor performance and that man has single handedly been responsible for multiple CLs and la ligas and catapulting barca to one of the best clubs of all time. neymar...his biggest contribution so far has been being a good to great player in an already great team that won the treble. his behavior and performances lately suggest that football is hardly his biggest priority and he needs to reinvigorate himself if he stands any chance of being the best player in the world.

Yet again our Horrormay showed up tonight, great, and thanks. This guy quit footbal from the start on 2016 !

He's sooo predictable, especially with his back to the goal... Sometimes I yell at the TV because he's dribbling towards the wrong goal...

Year as in 2016 and I'm talking about Neymar specifically.

I love Junior, I was so excited about what he was capable of the first half of the season, there had been a steady progression in his 2 and a half years that had us all drooling over him. He scored some goals in January that masked the performances but he's been so bad in 2016. This amount of time in poor form is much more than just a 'blip'.

robinho vol.2 is coming

Doesn't look like he gives a shit at all anymore to me. He just looks sad and careless. Maybe it got something to do with him several times a week sharing Snaps in the middle of the night where he is partying, playing poker etc.
He should start by solving his tax problems followed by growing the fuck up and spend his nights sleeping instead.

Yeah well, he's 24 and had way more days to rest than Messi, so what's his fucking excuse ?

I wanted to kill myself yesterday seeing him run towards our own goal with 20min to go, or get into the fighting games of ATM 10min from being knocked out !

What a massive let down Ney ! :(

This guy has been absolutely atrocious. I can't even remember the last time I commented on him because he hasn't done anything useful is such a long time.

What's up with these younger top class talents these days? Players like Neymar, Hazard, James and Gotze all seem to claim the spotlight of the football world and then just throw it away and go to shit.

He did a fabregas this season. Completely disappeared in 2016.

He is talented but fucking lazy and distracted by all this social media, partying bullshit.

Will probably end up like Adriano or Robinho.

No way will he hit the heights of Ronnie.

I wouldn't compare him to either Leo or CR, mainly because I don't think he will ever be as good as those two.

He doesn't have the talent of Messi and while it is arguable that he is as talented as Ronaldo, he doesn't have the work ethic or drive that Ronaldo does.

I agree with people ITT that his primadonna behavior has to stop though. Neymar became extremely complacent as the season progressed and he was performing poorly well-before we hit our slump period.

The lack of leadership in our team's dressing room is worrying, there isn't a boss figure like Xavi or Puyol to light a fire under our player's asses anymore and some of the guys in our team, like celebrity Neymar, definitely need that.

Even Jaden, his biggest fan in the world said this:
Let me add.. If Ronnie hadn't actually gotten injured towards the end of the 2nd half of the season in the beginning then Barca most likely would have won the league in his first year at Barca. Ronnie commanded games at such a quality where I'm still waiting for Neymar to do. He was on the right track beginning of this season, but then he decided to revert back. I honestly is somewhat disappointed in Neymar too. Especially when Messi is currently struggling he's suppose to step up and take his place when needed.

It's sacrilege to compare ronie with neymar.
Pls stop.

We're going to give this guy a pay rise lolll.....

At least he can party more in other countries, buy more private jets, hang with more celebrities and buy more clown fashion suits.

La liga matches after that:
He was extremely bad,so bad he fuxked up every time he got the ball

holy fucking shit he sucked, by far his worst game for us - did he manage to actually do anything right? I'm not sure

The performances he has been putting in over the course off 2016 would warrant bench time at any mid table club yet here at Barcelona he's untouchable.

Crowd at stadium were going nuts at him not passing ball early.

What an idiot. Messi should've just let them kick some sense into his immature ass instead of saving him there.

I'm not enjoying anything. I was super disappointed in him up until today, now I'm flat out angry.

Dribbling, energy levels, positioning, workrate, use of the ball, finishing, runs, conduct - all terrible.

And it's got to the point where it's the 3rd season in a row that this has happened, that you can't just call it a dip in form, people weren't this kind to Fabregas when he ended his season's poorly, and he was being hamfisted into the side. Can you say that about Neymar? Messi's recent dip in form hasn't helped him, but Messi was good today, and Neymar's runs were appalling.

I don't want to sell him, we'd be mad to. For the whole squad fitness is the main problem, but Neymar certainly has more problems than that.

what a performance from this guy today... jesus, what can you say in his defence? absolutly nothing, disgrace, and still, he wants to play copa and OL with brasil, he can stay there if you ask me with that kind of attitude

I can excuse the bad run of form, every player goes through it. It's his laziness off the ball that rubs me the wrong way. He really is a me-first kind of guy.

He had 3 months of good form and now he thinks he's a big man

It's not just his footballing ability that's atrocious at the moment, it's his attitude. He walks around the pitch like he's some sort of football god and throws tantrums like one too. He has only had 1 good season, the guy isn't shit.

Something is terribly wrong if you play a game that bad and the only thing you can do at the final whistle is run over to your opposition and slap them in the face. That's not just making you look like a clown, it's an embarrassment to everyone associated with Barca.

Oh and change your fucking boots at half-time you tit.

What else can I say that I haven't said about him already .. we're almost in may, almost 5 months of SHIT, bad attitude, and parties.

Honestly, at this point, the 200M€ he'd bring in are better than having him, let alone talking about the 3x raise expected to happen at the end of the season.

And people saying that people criticizing him don't love Barça or whatever bullshit like that are wrong, almost everyone in here was praising him and very happy at the prospect of his renewal, up until January.

And YES, he'll get more shit than any other player because he's paid more, and because he parties more than the entire squad combined.

I hope the success didn't get to him, he seems to be quite arrogant these days before he was humble and hard working

He needs to be 'the man'? He's been utterly sh*t since January and tonight he was ultramegasupergarbage, you think building our team around Ney would be a good idea lol?!

Might face a ban now. Such an idiot honestly. I know he gets kicked about all game and so on but he behaves like such a twat. You can see why he is hated so much by other teams. Hazard last season when he was at his best got kicked about every single game and played like a man and never got himself involved in stupidness. Messi too. Why can't Neymar just do the same. His behaviour is disgusting and embarrassing.

He proved leadership in Oct-Nov 2015, but he decided it was enough for now and just let Messi do it all.

The perspective of him being mediocre most games, with a few sparks here and there is unsettling, considering his age and all the effort we made to get him here.

Stop snapchating, stop partying and get on the fucking job.

In this case, Neymar should shut the fuck up when he is subbed in min.60 or starts the next La Liga campaign on the fucking bench. Let us buy a good striker and put some of our stars in their place. They have started to think they are above the team. One of the reasons why having too many stars in the team could be detrimental if the attitude is not right.

Neymar has a lot of talent but his terrible form and attitude since the New year has been driving me up the wall.

He needs tough love and competition for his spot. and also he wants to play both the Copa and Olympics? he hasn't shown lately he deserves to play in either and it appears him throwing a fit over having to choose has finally worked since Barto is going to let him play in both. :lol:

If he's benched at the start of next season he better not bitch about it.

Looks like the primadona needs some benching time, what a fucking disgrace

Neymar at his best was incredible to watch during the first part of the season when Messi was out. But with the mounting problems off the field and his drop in form during the second half of the season it's quite clear he's getting Frustrated and the littlest thing these days is making him do stupid shit on the field as you can see with that video.

It's even Evident when he's playing with Brazil, when things aren't going right he's completely loses his head and tries to start confrontations. He was at the end of a bad challenge from Uruguay's RB during the WC qualifiers back in march and he lost his shit and Luckily Suarez was there to calm him down.

He has a lot of talent but he has a lot of growing up to do and he seriously needs to tackle the problems he has off the field, as it's also clearly affecting him. It's times like this the Club Captains and Lucho need to sit his ass down and put him in his place.

He's not bringing anything to the offence lately, doesn't take out defenders with his runs rather slows down and waits for a double team from opponents..his overall contribution is starting to look like a pedro or munir, except he doesn't defend...

Mental problem for sure..

Horrormar at his finest

Hope he finally hit bottom tonight and we'll see good old Neymar soon again.

We are shit but what the hell happened to this kid? Like he is playing on beach

He's playing like dogshit

Absolutely atrocious tonight.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION]

(I needed to make 2 posts, the first one had 16 000 characters already)

You see, Tricky, let's now distinguish:
1. Ney is good/bad
2. sell Neymar

Let's talk only about Neymar in Barca in these 3 seasons.
Revisionism by some fans already turned his career into: "he was awesome for 3 years and had a small dip in form this spring. It happens to every player."

Some may say that he was a key player in our treble last Season and in a double this season.
So, that way, it looks that Ney was a key in winning 5 trophies in the last 2 seasons, so he is surely good and he must have played very good.

But for anyone who watched our matches every week, the story is much different and much more complicated.
In a spring of 2015, his topic needed to be deleted (lol), because of a huge fight among Barca fans regarding Ney's form.
In a spring of 2016, even bigger shit here on forum, as you can see above (I copied posts from only a few pages and posted only some most interesting insults).

So, I am not trying to change your's or anyone's opinion, since you also surely won't change my opinion.
But you do have to realize that there 2 sides here:
1. Barca fans who aren't too pleased with Ney, and it was explained a lot of times (his form in spring of each season, his record fee transfer, huge wages, his dad, Neymar provoking everyone on the field, his partying, celebrity persona)
But again, a key part: we aren't pleased with his plays.
He was good or very good, but we want or expected more from a 150-200 Million guy who is hailed as the next Barca's leader.
2. there are guys like you who still have enormous faith in him and majority of you don't see too much wrong in his hot-cold form.

An interesting thing is that this spring, he earned much more haters (for his form) than in a spring of 2016.

Also, let's not drag Pogba into this.
I personally just don't want to see revisionism now and posts like: Ney was soooo good for the last 3 years, helped in winning so many trophies and only had a few weeks of poorer form.
That is far, far from a reality.

F

Flavia

I personally just don't want to see revisionism now and posts like: Ney was soooo good for the last 3 years, helped in winning so many trophies and only had a few weeks of poorer form.
That is far, far from a reality.

It's not, actually. He helped a lot in winning the 5 trophies of the past 2 seasons. Too bad you didn't keep your word. Back at it at full force.

Also, I sadly could do the same thing you did with quotes from Messi.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
The thing about neymar for me is that he disappointed me.
I thought he was gonna be the next magical brazilian player, with flair and honest love for the game, a new rivaldo or ronnie but he doesn't resemble these players at all, although to be fair brazil's new generation sucks, they are nothing like the teams we loved from previous decades.

Anyway, to put it simpler, he doesn't play like the old brazilian players I liked.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's not, actually. He helped a lot in winning the 5 trophies of the past 2 seasons. Too bad you didn't keep your word. Back at it at full force.

Also, I sadly could do the same thing you did with quotes from Messi.

You could do it with Xavi or Iniesta as well. It's not that difficult. Time consuming, sure. But not difficult.

Alik

The brouhaha in this thread started after the rumours of Neymar possible leaving. Which were nothing but that - rumours.

And now the rumours are that, after all (and as I expect), he will sign a contract to 2021.

So can people chill out, and stop freaking out for no reason.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Some of the posts in messi thread are unbelievable. You would think he became the next bojan. People like to overreact.

BBZ8800

It's not, actually. He helped a lot in winning the 5 trophies of the past 2 seasons. Too bad you didn't keep your word, though.

I promised not to post on Ney's thread after his last topic hat to get deleted. (And I didn't post until our CL exit. I lost nerves with Ney then)
But on the other hand, I feel so stupid sometimes on this forum when majority of us act as if we are brainwashed, or as if we need to say only good things, and if you say bad=you are a hater or whatever. As if we live in a North Korea.

I love Barca and watch Barca's matches for 20 years.
I hate Real, Atletico, Bayern, Chelsea etc.

I love more or less all of our players.
I currently have problems only with Neymar and with Mats (to some extent, when he is giving ultimatums).
Also, I don't believe that our kids are as golden as majority of fans think since I am watching that "movie (with new potential youngsters every season) since 1996...

So, sorry for everyone if I am annoying sometimes when I post how Halil, Rafinha, Roberto and Denis (and Bartra when he was here) are not good enough.
Or this thing about Neymar.

I mean, we are all grown men and women, and this is not a Facebook's fanpage (or any North Korea's media, lol) where mods or the owners allow only good posts and are creating some parallel universe where everything is good and fine about our club and our players.

Also, things aren't black and white.
If Ney contributed to 5 titles, that doesn't delete his spring breaks in 2015 and 2016.
Also, vice versa, if Neymar had spring breaks in 2015 and 2016, it doesn't delete his awesome plays in CL 2015 and in La liga in autumn 2015/2016.

Ney is both these guys.
The one who plays awesome sometimes, and the one who plays horribly on other months.

Also, I don't get some questions when people ask how can we love Barca and hate (or whatever we feel about him) one of our players?
Well, at least in my eyes, the world is not black and white.
If I love Barca, I don't have to automatically love every president of Barca, every coach of Barca or every player of Barca.

All of us have some good sides (in real life) and some flaws.
Someone's wife, husband, boyfriend, friend, son...
They have tons of good sides, but also some bad sides.

I mean, me or other Ney-haters (or whatever we feel about him) could stop writing here, but what is the point then?
Isn't a point of a forum to express your opinion?
And with 100s or 1000s of users, there will always be users with different opinions and some of them will have extreme (either positive or negative opinions).
As long as people aren't trolling, being rude or similar, we should say what we feel about anything related to Barca.

But I told a few times before, if people are unhappy when someone posts bad things about some of our idols or key players, then this is NOT a free forum, but really a Facebook's Fanpage with mods allowing good posts.

I told a few pages ago that I think that CR7 is an idiot as a person.
Since he plays for Real, we all mock him. And it is ok to say that he is an idiot as a person.
But what, if he would sign for us (for some strange reason), should I start to write posts how I love his personality, how he is not an asshole and similar, since he would be our player suddenly?
(Well, Ney is not CR7, but you'll get what I am trying to say)

You could do it with Xavi or Iniesta as well. It's not that difficult. Time consuming, sure. But not difficult.
Some of the posts in messi thread are unbelievable. You would think he became the next bojan. People like to overreact.

This is one of the examples what I don't like by our fans.

When a GK No1 concedes a stupid goal, people will say: ok, but all GKs make mistakes.
Well, yes.

But if a GK No1 concedes 5 stupid goals in 10 matches, and some other Gks concede only 1-2 stupid goals in 10 matches, then they are not the same.
Yes:
1. ALL Gks sometimes concede stupid goals
2. but a Gk No1 ALSO concedes MORE stupid goals than some other Gks with whom he is compared

About these replies about Messi, Xavi and Iniesta:
1. Yes, ALL players get some hate on their topics
2. yes, people overreact after lost matches
3. but still, SOME PLAYERS get MORE HATE than other players (for a reason, because of their on field performances)
Also, some players are on a longer bad runs of form

So:
1. Yes, BOTH Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Ney get some hate
2. but hate about Ney's lasted the longest, isn't it? Maybe there is some stronger on-field reason for that?

With logic from your replies, lovers of Fabregas could say: you just hate him for no reason. Or Xavi also gets hate, the same as Fabregas.
But that wasn't true, isn't it?
Fabregas earned more hate and his bad form (and hate) were repeating each season.

Sorry again, but it sounds just like: everything is fine with our team, all players are good, there are no problems, we don't need to change anything. Ney is fine, all players get some hate, everything will be fine soon.
No need for concerns about anything.

Ok, let's hope so.
But if he'll flop in the next season or if he'll play weaker than we expect from him (for a 200m guy), then there will be more and more people on this forum who will be disappointed and pissed with Ney.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I promised not to post on Ney's thread after his last topic hat to get deleted. (And I didn't post until our CL exit. I lost nerves with Ney then)
But on the other hand, I feel so stupid sometimes on this forum when majority of us act as if we are brainwashed, or as if we need to say only good things, and if you say bad=you are a hater or whatever. As if we live in a North Korea.
Nobody forced you to make that promise, it was spontaneous from you. So, bad excuse. Should just not give your word, if you couldn't keep it. I was referring to this post: http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/12841-11-Neymar-Jr?p=1460620&viewfull=1#post1460620

1. Yes, BOTH Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Ney get some hate
2. but hate about Ney's lasted the longest, isn't it? Maybe there is some stronger on-field reason for that?

No, again. Messi is hated on every single season. All it takes it's for him to have bad game, and the pitchforks come out. Happens since long before Neymar arrived. Neymar has a peculiar set of haters, though. Any excuse is valid, be it Barça related or not.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is 24 but he is still young. Which one of his age group that can be compared to him? Pogba? Hazard? Goetze? Isco?

Nobody is expecting him to be the next Messi. But he is good enough.

F

Flavia

He is 24 but he is still young. Which one of his age group that can be compared to him? Pogba? Hazard? Goetze? Isco?

Nobody is expecting him to be the next Messi. But he is good enough.

Yes, even because there is no next Messi. Right now some Barça fans are spoiled, and are complaining after a season where we won the double... Imagine what will happen in a few years, after Messi, Iniesta, Suarez retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans