11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guaje

24 hours ago people laughed at even an idea about Perisic.
Even though I was joking about Perisic, he isn't that bad that mentioning him in Barca's context would be the weirdest idea in the world.

Again, it is hard to debate about Neymar with anyone who thinks that Neymar had only "minor dips in form" and how "all players have dips in form".
Imo, just IMO, no Barca player among key players didn't have huge (and long) dips in form like current form since Ronnie and Deco in 2007 and 2008.

Neymar is not the best player in the world.
And even if he was the best player in the world, what is the use of him being the best if he only plays at that level 2-3 Months per year and in other Months he is way below that level?

The same as with Trickykid and some other users, this will be an interesting season.
Either Neymar will improve his consistency a lot.
Either he will prove that he is a hot and cold type of a player. Which is not good enough for some of us, considering that we could get 150-190m for him, and considering how he is supposed to be our future leader.

But we are just repeating the same old for the last couple weeks.
We will need Barca's new competitive matches to draw some new conclusions.

Does it matter? They are valid arguments because that is totally true whether you like it or not. And fyi other Barca players that have had huge and long dips in form are Villa, Ibrahimovic and the almighty legend Pedro who was sh!t for years and still kept starting.

Neymar is not the best player in the world atm, no. Does anyone say that he is? Thing is that he is more than good enough to be the best player in the world and he already proved it while Messi was injured. He took the biggest responsibility and carried the team and he did it excellently.

What is the use of him? See the treble season and you have the answer you are looking for. You cant just assume he will be shit every season because each season is different (treble season compared to last season is a very good example). Going by that logic lets assume that Suarez will be shit too during the most important games in CL next season and that he will bite someone again because he has done it several times before. And also fyi apart from his 1st pretty ok-ish season (where he still scored lots of important goals in important matches) he scored 39 goals in the treble season and 31 goals last season + carried the team forward so he hasnt been near as bad as some of you are trying to make it look like. How many players can you find that are not the main goalscorer of their team + play in his position that score as many goals as Neymar?

And in reality it isnt even near as easy as you like to put it. Oh Neymar is like 100/100 technical ability and 50/100 mental skills. It is MUUUCH more complex than that. You cant just look for a player and go like oh look at him, he only has 80/100 technical ability but he has 80 mental skills compared to Neymars 50!!!!! Omg lets buy him!!

Cant you name any players to replace Neymar with? And exactly what these players will deliver more under 12 months than Neymar (because Neymar actually delivers a lot) does? And how can you be so sure that itll be a success? Mr X might aswell turn into another Alexis.

BBZ8800

When MD posts a poll like this, it's the Board asking people what they think.

It's a Hypothetical question.

1st Tweet asks if Ney, actually leaves who should we sign to replace him.

2nd Tweet is, "Would you rather Neymar Stay? or sell him for the Cash".

I wonder if they are also tempted by the amount of money we could get for Ney.

About a poll from a first post:
Prefieres que Neymar renueve o que paguen su cláusula y se vaya?
Do you prefer that Neymar renewed or pay his clause and leave?

Renew: 634
Pay his clause and leave: 1906

So, 75% of voters on this poll said: sell Neymar for his release clause

While on a similar poll on Barca's forum, not long ago, 75% of people said: Don't sell him (in order to buy Pogba).

Interesting:
1. either it was a problem with Pogba in our poll on this forum
2. or people on this forum love Neymar more than fans on Mundo deportivo
3. or the poll on MD is rigged
4. or people changed their minds recently and from: keep Neymar a lot of users turned into: sell for a release clause
[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION], give me some help.
How do you explain 75% of MD voters willing to let go of Neymar?

Last edited:

Trickykid

About a poll from a first post:
Prefieres que Neymar renueve o que paguen su cláusula y se vaya?
Do you prefer that Neymar renewed or pay his clause and leave?

Renew: 634
Pay his clause and leave: 1906

So, 75% of voters on this poll said: sell Neymar for his release clause

While on a similar poll on Barca's forum, not long ago, 75% of people said: Don't sell him (in order to buy Pogba).

Interesting:
1. either it was a problem with Pogba in our poll on this forum
2. or people on this forum love Neymar more than fans on Mundo deportivo
3. or the poll on MD is rigged
4. or people changed their minds recently and from: keep Neymar a lot of users turned into: sell for a release clause
[MENTION=8742]Trickykid[/MENTION], give me some help.
How do you explain 75% of MD voters willing to let go of Neymar?

I'm honored that you hold me in so high regard, that you expect me to be able to speak for 75% of the EMD users. Unfortunately I'm not that presumptuous.
A qualified guess though, would be that people are angry with the stalling renewal and thus vote in the heat of the moment heavily influenced by this situation. If we flip it, and post the same poll after one of his goals against Los Merengues or late during our last ChL winning campaign, do you expect the results to be the same?

But as I've explained to you plenty times before, I'd rather judge football as I see it myself, and not as the the barking masses see it.

xXKonan

Selling Ney has it's pros and cons. But it's one of those Decisions one must think about.

The Pros are.

The amount of Money we could get 190 Million+taxes, if spent correctly we could reinforce the team with a Good Midfielder,CB,two good Fullbacks and a Forward.

The Cons are, there's no one like Neymar, on the market and it would feel like a Huge hole on the LW, no matter who we bring in. He has the Talent and skill set to be the best in the world in several years. Neymar, can be Immature and careless and his Entourage are a bunch of greedy pricks. but when he's on his game he's an incredible player.

Man I fucking hate the thought of selling Neymar, It would also make us look weak as well. Considering the dumb shit we went through to even get him and it could make us look weak that the Club who dominated Spanish Football and European football for the last Decade can't even hang on to one of their star players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I only see cons.

I just don't trust the board to invest the money wisely.

With 190m, Robert will be set aside the the board members will make the signings, that's something I can assure you of.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If the club invested every cent of that 190 million in youth and used an opportunity to change direction and go back to it's roots I would be happy.

Yes, get Alena some minutes, Tarin too. Feck if 19y.olds from Croatia did it vs. full force Spain, Barca can comfortably play with way more kids than we do (do we even?) in more than half of games this season.
But no, we will play walking deads like Turans, Adrianos and such.

xXKonan

I was reading SPORT's front cover and they were saying Ney and Barca had a Secret meeting in Sao Paulo to discuss his renewal.

and MD's cover it suggests even more Optimism in regards to Neymar staying.

Total-Football

If the club invested every cent of that 190 million in youth and used an opportunity to change direction and go back to it's roots I would be happy.

Yes, get Alena some minutes, Tarin too. Feck if 19y.olds from Croatia did it vs. full force Spain, Barca can comfortably play with way more kids than we do (do we even?) in more than half of games this season.
But no, we will play walking deads like Turans, Adrianos and such.

Barca are the world's leading club in term of youth investing so i dont get the point of your comment.. in my opinion, its the youth management that we need to rethink, why are we loosing talents at an early age and chase them later with astronomical fees. Why after the golden generation we failed to produce world class players especially in defense and attack. Those issues have nothing to do with money imo.. we re spending greatly in this area

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem with Neymar moving to another team to be the main player is that no matter what he does, he'll never surpass Messi until Messi is ready to pass the mantle. And when that happens, he might as well just be at Barca.

BarçaBarça

There are some theoretical pros with losing Neymar for his buy-out, but nothing that would actually happen in reality.

The first suggested one is that we buy carefully examined players (not because of hype) that would strengthen us collectively more than Neymar.
This won't happen, because we would pay overprice for everyone after getting all that money. First of all there is no guarantee that new class-signings will prove themselves here. And like it was said we will look weak, losing a star-player, so our board need galatico-like signings to make it up, not some non-marketed players, and that is not a good way to start if you want to build a good team (look at RM's transfer-policy). If we spent all the money in a La Masia-lift, they would do good, but it is impossible to imagine Bartomeu doing that.

In addition, as mentioned before, Neymar actually contributes to MSN, he is not just a separate player who can be picked out. Messi and Suarez can't just continue with a new player in the same way, it takes time to build the understanding between players, and some may never work together. It is too simple to single Neymar out and say: "He will be future Ballon D'or, we can't lose him", because right now we benefit a lot from the cooperation between the three, which adds up to more than just the sum of the parts, IMO (and him possible getting ballon d'or is not a quality in itself btw, it is real trophies that matters!). As everyone knows this relies on Iniesta and Rakitic working their ass off to make this cooperation possible, but we actually have made it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans