11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guaje

This was more or less a joke in a heat of a moment when Croatia won against Spain (since I am from Croatia, and I was extremely happy in those seconds when Perisic scored).

On the other hand, I do think that this forum overrates the impact of pure technical skills/potential/ability.
And we don't look too much into motivation, mental strength of a player, professionalism, consistency and other things.

In short:
1. if you have 100/100 technical skills and 90-100/100 mental skills=you will be something like Xavi, Inista, Messi
2. if you have 100/100 technical skills and 50/100 mental skills=you will be our Neymar

My opinion is that I would still pick a player who is slightly weaker in technical ability than Neymar, but who is much stronger in "head" and who can deliver way more consistently.

And not to enter: but all players have dips in form and similar, some of us are starting to think that Neymar has much different problems than regular dips in form which all players have.

Instead of Neymar who plays for 5/5 rating for 3 Months, then 3 Months for 3/5 (average) and 3 Months for 1-2/5 (poor form), I would personally take someone else who plays for 4/5 for the whole year. (So, on peak, Neymar is better, but over 12 Months, the other guy will bring more to the team).

I would, though, like that we could have Neymar (who is the best on his position in the world) and who could consistently deliver over 12 Months (or at least somewhat consistently), but I don't have too much faith in Neymar's mental strength, motivation, professionalism etc.

So, I am talking about what I would pick for our team, if we CAN'T have consistent Neymar.
While, too many Ney believers (imo) still believe that Ney's skills+consistency over 12 Months are a possible combination and that they will happen in the future.

Let's give him one more year.
But if he'll play hot and cold, the same as in majority of his Barca's career, then more or less, we can realize what kind of a player he is considering his mental skills.
He will be 25 when he'll end his 4th Barca's season.

He is not a kid, he is on a peak of his career already.
So, what you'll see in a summer of 2017 is more or less what you'll always get from him.
(Unless if he shows huge mental improvement in this season)

1st off this isnt FIFA. You cant just throw around random stats. Secondly who is this player you will replace Neymar with? How do you know his form wont dip? How do you even know if he would even adapt and play as good as Neymar in Barcelona and "deliver more under 12 months"? Btw, didnt Neymar have a top notch season when barca won the treble? He might have had a dip here and there in a few games but other than that he always delivered. And also scored in all KO-legs except vs City.

Also what has dip in form got to do with professionalism? He still tried to do his thing and even in some games, he looked like the only one who gave a shit. He didnt let it affect him so much on the pitch. Apart from bad temper, he still tried to dribble, create and score goals + he still helped out a lot in defense.

To get rid of one of the worlds 5 best players (he even was the worlds best during the time Messi was out) is a stupid idea especially at the young age of 24-25. There is no player that can replace him. There is a huge gap between him and other players in his position. So, yeah, in coclusion Barca should do everything to renew him.

BBZ8800

24 hours ago people laughed at even an idea about Perisic.
Even though I was joking about Perisic, he isn't that bad that mentioning him in Barca's context would be the weirdest idea in the world.

1st off this isnt FIFA. You cant just throw around random stats. Secondly who is this player you will replace Neymar with? How do you know his form wont dip? How do you even know if he would even adapt and play as good as Neymar in Barcelona and "deliver more under 12 months"? Btw, didnt Neymar have a top notch season when barca won the treble? He might have had a dip here and there in a few games but other than that he always delivered. And also scored in all KO-legs except vs City.

Also what has dip in form got to do with professionalism? He still tried to do his thing and even in some games, he looked like the only one who gave a shit. He didnt let it affect him so much on the pitch. Apart from bad temper, he still tried to dribble, create and score goals + he still helped out a lot in defense.

To get rid of one of the worlds 5 best players (he even was the worlds best during the time Messi was out) is a stupid idea especially at the young age of 24-25. There is no player that can replace him. There is a huge gap between him and other players in his position. So, yeah, in coclusion Barca should do everything to renew him.

Again, it is hard to debate about Neymar with anyone who thinks that Neymar had only "minor dips in form" and how "all players have dips in form".
Imo, just IMO, no Barca player among key players didn't have huge (and long) dips in form like current form since Ronnie and Deco in 2007 and 2008.

Neymar is not the best player in the world.
And even if he was the best player in the world, what is the use of him being the best if he only plays at that level 2-3 Months per year and in other Months he is way below that level?

The same as with Trickykid and some other users, this will be an interesting season.
Either Neymar will improve his consistency a lot.
Either he will prove that he is a hot and cold type of a player. Which is not good enough for some of us, considering that we could get 150-190m for him, and considering how he is supposed to be our future leader.

But we are just repeating the same old for the last couple weeks.
We will need Barca's new competitive matches to draw some new conclusions.

xXKonan

What´s so weird about it?
When MD posts a poll like this, it's the Board asking people what they think.

It's a Hypothetical question.

1st Tweet asks if Ney, actually leaves who should we sign to replace him.

2nd Tweet is, "Would you rather Neymar Stay? or sell him for the Cash".

I wonder if they are also tempted by the amount of money we could get for Ney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans