11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

[tw]745217836302409729[/tw]

Susana Monje our treasurer says they aren't even contemplating the thought of Neymar leaving.

M

Messi+Eto

Sell Neymar for 190m, buy Perisic for 10m for a LW.
Keep 180m.

A win-win situation :cool:

You have always struck me as one of those guys who thinks they are way too knowledgeable about EVERY situation.
Sorry lad, you fail woefully this time.

George_Costanza

I wouldn't mind splashing 100 million on Griezmann if Ney goes chasing the money...

pls not another ATM player. Seen him at Euro with France and all french fans wishing Benzema there

Sell Neymar, we can't afford the money he is asking nor his father greed and drama every summer. Buy Dybala

Lomar1o

sell neymar, invest in messi's sons, pray to god that they have at least half of lionel's talent.

on a serious note dont sell neymar just yet.

BBZ8800

You have always struck me as one of those guys who thinks they are way too knowledgeable about EVERY situation.
Sorry lad, you fail woefully this time.

This was more or less a joke in a heat of a moment when Croatia won against Spain (since I am from Croatia, and I was extremely happy in those seconds when Perisic scored).

On the other hand, I do think that this forum overrates the impact of pure technical skills/potential/ability.
And we don't look too much into motivation, mental strength of a player, professionalism, consistency and other things.

In short:
1. if you have 100/100 technical skills and 90-100/100 mental skills=you will be something like Xavi, Inista, Messi
2. if you have 100/100 technical skills and 50/100 mental skills=you will be our Neymar

My opinion is that I would still pick a player who is slightly weaker in technical ability than Neymar, but who is much stronger in "head" and who can deliver way more consistently.

And not to enter: but all players have dips in form and similar, some of us are starting to think that Neymar has much different problems than regular dips in form which all players have.

Instead of Neymar who plays for 5/5 rating for 3 Months, then 3 Months for 3/5 (average) and 3 Months for 1-2/5 (poor form), I would personally take someone else who plays for 4/5 for the whole year. (So, on peak, Neymar is better, but over 12 Months, the other guy will bring more to the team).

I would, though, like that we could have Neymar (who is the best on his position in the world) and who could consistently deliver over 12 Months (or at least somewhat consistently), but I don't have too much faith in Neymar's mental strength, motivation, professionalism etc.

So, I am talking about what I would pick for our team, if we CAN'T have consistent Neymar.
While, too many Ney believers (imo) still believe that Ney's skills+consistency over 12 Months are a possible combination and that they will happen in the future.

Let's give him one more year.
But if he'll play hot and cold, the same as in majority of his Barca's career, then more or less, we can realize what kind of a player he is considering his mental skills.
He will be 25 when he'll end his 4th Barca's season.

He is not a kid, he is on a peak of his career already.
So, what you'll see in a summer of 2017 is more or less what you'll always get from him.
(Unless if he shows huge mental improvement in this season)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans