11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interlop

Neymar has to improve consistency. His game during first half of the season was amazing, of course it was not Messi level but who has reached Messi's level? His only downside is that he is hot and cold he plays amazing for half of the year like "second best player in the world" - amazing and then he declines and plays nod bad but far from amazing. If Neymar's peak is how he played first half of the season I'm pretty satisfied with that if he manages to keep like that 90% of the year.

Alik

So I guess all the irrational hate of the people asking Neymar to "please leave" has now evaporated? Or are you disappointed that he is staying?

JerseyAddict

I'll go with Interlop's oppinion. If he plays like he did half the season then yes. If he plays like a good deal of ending of the season then I'm not happy he stayed for that amount of meny.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How much is earning now? Bonuses, etc?
200 mil. release clause isn't that much what he already had.

F

Flavia

How much is earning now? Bonuses, etc?
200 mil. release clause isn't that much what he already had.

"The player’s buy out clause has been fixed at 200 million Euros for the first year of his contract, 222 million for the second and 250 million for the remaining three years."

kilian

Neymar has to improve consistency. His game during first half of the season was amazing, of course it was not Messi level but who has reached Messi's level? His only downside is that he is hot and cold he plays amazing for half of the year like "second best player in the world" - amazing and then he declines and plays nod bad but far from amazing. If Neymar's peak is how he played first half of the season I'm pretty satisfied with that if he manages to keep like that 90% of the year.

I wouldn`t agree that his level in some games wasn`t at Messi level. He destroyed opponents with amazing and efficient play. I remember many people were calling him the best player in the world in those weeks/months. But unfortunately his drop of form was pretty steep in the second part of the season.

BarçaBarça

So I guess all the irrational hate of the people asking Neymar to "please leave" has now evaporated? Or are you disappointed that he is staying?

I have a feeling it was mostly Pogba-fans eyeing a opportunity for us to 'realisticly' getting the money to sign him. Therefore Neymar wasn't that big of a loss for our team all of a sudden (almost no-one said anything like that half a year ago).

BBZ8800

I wouldn`t agree that his level in some games wasn`t at Messi level. He destroyed opponents with amazing and efficient play. I remember many people were calling him the best player in the world in those weeks/months. But unfortunately his drop of form was pretty steep in the second part of the season.

I know that I am a pain in the ass with my posts about Neymar, but this "growing myth" about Neymar filling Messi's boots while Messi wasn't here is starting to get insane.

So, let's check actual facts:
Barca's matches in autumn 2015:
https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/65/Fixtures/Spain-Barcelona

Messi was gone from 26th September to 24th November, 2 Months.
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11119/Fixtures/Lionel-Messi

So, these are matches where Neymar was Barca's leader and these are the matches about which people are raving all the time, as a some kind of a prove of his insane abilities:
Barca:Bayer Lev 2:1
Barca:Sevilla 1:2
Barca:Rayo 5:2
Barca:Bate Borisov 2:0
Barca:Eibar 3:1
Barca:Getafe 2:0
Barca:Bate Borisov 3:0
Barca:Villareal 3:0
Barca:Real 4:0

This is the final ranking of those opponents in La liga at the end of 2016:
2nd Real Madrid 4:0
4th Villareal 3:0

14th Eibar 3:1
18th Rayo 5:2
19th Getafe 2:0

Group stage of a CL:
Leverkusen 2:1
Bate 2:0
Bate 3:0

Defeat:
Sevilla:Barca 2:1

So, when people are talking about that "magical" era when Neymar was playing the best football of his career in Messi's absence, we actually played 9 matches.
3 bigger matches, wins: Real, Villareal. Defeat against Sevilla.
Semi big match against Leverkusen in group stage, at Camp Nou.
And 5 matches against Mickey mouse opponents in Bate Borisov, Bate Borisov, Rayo, Getafe and Eibar.

So, more or less, with Ney as a leader, we won against Real (even though Messi was back to some extent in that match) and Villareal, and lost to Sevilla.
All other matches (except Leverkusen) are a kind of matches where we can usually win with Pedro-Munir-Messi attacking trio by 4:0 on average.

Anyway, I am not saying that Neymar hasn't actually played well in that period of a season.
But lately, a lot of posters are writing about that period as if we were trashing Bayern, Chelsea, Psg, Real, Juventus and Germany NT team on weekly basis.

So, yes, Ney played awesome back then.
But our only stronger opponents were Real (in it's worst period of last season, under totally lost and confused Benitez), Villareal and Sevilla, and we had 2 wins and 1 defeat.
Other opponents were really, really poor.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Meh, most of the games we played at that period were against average teams.

The toughest game we'd was against Sevilla and we lost to them.

Villarreal aren't as good as they're at El Madrigal and Real Madrid were terrible (by their standards) with Rafa Benitez as their manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans